Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Rear Diff Packed, questions.

I got one for $74 from the school..but thanks anyways. One of the advantages to going to school, cheap parts, haha.
  2. E

I have code 42 axle, from what I read thats 4.10 non-limited slip, is LSD on these whats referred to as "traction-loc"? I am just reading on the specs, the gear oil is way different for regular diff and traction loc diffs.
  3. E

Hard to bike ina foot of snow in -20*C lol
  4. E

Sounds like we are going to put new side bearings, and pinion bearings in at school. Now I just need to figure out how to get back and forth from school for a few days while we're working on it...lol.
  5. E

99 sport RCM pin out and 37 DTC

Hey guys sorry if this is somewhere else, but I am on my phone at school. I am in a one year automotive class and we are trying to fix my air bag issue. We have tried all data to get the pin out but its not the right one for the RCM module. Also does anyone know of what code 37 flashing on...
  6. E

are the sport trac models compatible at all?
  7. E

Hey guys, I have a lot of noise coming from my rear diff, pulled my Explorer into my automotive class, and my instructor confirmed the rear diff is hooped. It's super loud, he said we could rebuild it when we get to drivelines in our course, but I'm still going to have to buy a rebuild kit, and...
  8. E

Taking off wheel trim/fender flares

Hey guys, I have a 99 Sport, with the plastic trim pieces around the wheel well, do these things just clip off for the most part? I am going to be sanding everything down soon and I need to take all this off, as I will probably paint them as well.. Thanks.
  9. E

Steering noise

I'll see if I can get a video and post it up on youtube for all to see.
  10. E

Steering noise

It's not the pump though....lol... pump is brand new, is quiet.
  11. E

Steering noise

I'm really getting mixed diagnosed with this, took it to a few different people, one says he is almost positive its a wheel bearing, it makes the noise when you are turning hard, the rubbing/whining noise, almost like it's once a revolution. It doesn't make the same noise when you go straight...
  12. E

Steering noise

I had someone look at it today, they said they were almost positive its the wheel bearing... question, do all these trucks have abs? just wondering for buying wheel hub assembly.
  13. E

Steering noise

If this was the steering shaft, would it not make noise all the time, even when I was parked? It also bucks a bit like I said, I don't know if this would produce the same result.
  14. E

Steering noise

I have an OHV motor, so the res. is actually attached to the PS pump, so its brand new.
  15. E

Steering noise

Hey guys, I have been kind of putting off the repairs on my Explorer for a while because I've been driving my summer car, but this stuff should get done soon. I started today by replacing the power steering pump. It was crazy loud, it needed to be done. I knew before hand that there was...
  16. E

Turning Noise

I bought all new tires stock sizing, in October. Could it be issues with the transfer case at all?
  17. E

Turning Noise

Okay, I will have a look when I get a chance. Like I said I equate it to the sound like when your power steering fails, its that loud whining noise, but its only when moving... and I know its not the power steering. I hope its not like the diff or something like that.
  18. E

Turning Noise

It almost feels like its in the floor. It's almost like a deep, whining noise.
  19. E

Turning Noise

Sounds like maybe a CV joint, or you are stuck in 4 wheel drive.
  20. E

Turning Noise

Yeah, nothing is rubbing, it doesnt make a rubbing sound, there might be a bit of resistance turning the wheel when turning hard. and its almost like it makes the noise once every tire revolution or something but I don't know for sure.
  21. E

look what I got today in the UPS:)

I'm not big on the DVD decks. I had a Kenwood DDX7019, and I just found I never used any other features that I would use in a regular deck. I just sold my Kenwood and bought a nice premier single din deck.
  22. E

Instrument Panel Plastic?

Nevermind I got it... I painted inside the the cluster on the cluster bezel, there is a thread of mine if you wanna take a look. I baked the clear piece in the oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes and then it came loose after some careful prying...
  23. E

Turning Noise

I did get new tires this winter, but they are the same size as before... Also, its a 4WD 4.0L SOHC, with a standard transmission. Just the stock 4WD T-Case.
  24. E

Turning Noise

Hey guys, Recently I have been noticing a noise when I turn, it sounds similar to power steering without any fluid, a fairly loud, deep vibrating noise. At first I thought it was my power steering but am unsure now, when I am not moving, I can turn the wheel back and forth, and it sounds...
  25. E

My custom dash

I had to bake the instrument panel glass in the oven for a while to separate it from the gauge bezel... haha... you have to be super careful, that stuff cracks really easy. I had a few tiny cracks but all on the edge where its not visible at all. All in all, exactly what I wanted.
Back