Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Solved CV Axles

Are we certain the chain stores are selling the trakmotive extended travel axles and not just their OEM replacement parts?
  2. B

Replacement Driving lights for stock lowers

This explorer didn’t have fogs from the factory. It was wired from the relay junction box to the bumper for them though. Ive checked And there are wires coming from the relay box going into the big harness that runs across the core support to the drivers side and I assume they go into the...
  3. B

Replacement Driving lights for stock lowers

Do you know where the wires that would normally go to the switch on the radio bezel, coming from this relay box go? I removed my radio bezel and theres no fog light harness present. The truck is wired from the relay box under the air box to the bumper for fogs.
  4. B

Dash/stereo bezel

How much would you want for it?
  5. B

Dash/stereo bezel

Can you post some more pics of the scuffs up top,please.
  6. B

fog lights

But there are wires coming out of the relays into the main harness. I’d like to know where they terminate?
  7. B

fog lights

That is not correct. Theres tan/orange from one side and tan/red from the other and each go to separate mini relays. Is your diagram for a 96 5.0 awd? There was a black/blue coming out of each relay, if I remember right. I’ll need to look again.
  8. B

fog lights

I just pulled that relay box out and the tan/red and tan/orange that come from the fog light bulbs are in the relay box going to the 2 small relays at the rear of the box and there’s wires coming back out into the main harness.
  9. B

fog lights

Yeah. On the passenger side for example, as soon as it comes up behind the header panel it joins the big harness that runs across the core support right in front of the air box. That harness goes to all of the consumers on the passenger side inner fender. Washer, hvac fan, cruise motor. The...
  10. B

fog lights

Yeah. I removed the bezel from my 99 which has factory fogs and the wire connector is similar to those used on the rear wiper and defrost. In this 96, I don’t see one. There is a very large blue 4 pin connector that is not connected to anything behind the airbag but near the center of the truck...
  11. B

fog lights

I removed the radio bezel and I don’t see a fog light harness. The truck definitely has the harness behind the bumper for the fogs but where is the switch connection? I see one large blue 4 pin connector but it’s way to big for the fog light switch.
  12. B

Dash/stereo bezel

Oh dang i forgot about that little technicality. This would be for a 2wd but with fog lights. With rear wiper also.
  13. B

Dash/stereo bezel

Does anyone have a like new dash/stereo surround bezel. I’m adding fog lights to my 96 and I want a factory switch which means I need a dash bezel. My X has only 60k miles so my bezel is absolutely perfect and like new and I’d like to not replace it with one that the rubber coating is failing or...
  14. B

Complete positive side battery/charging/starter cable

So long as no fusible link is required, I’m just gonna make my own.
  15. B

I doubt any super duty fitment would be the same. The location of some components in a 250/350 would be further away than on an explore.
  16. B

That couldn’t be. No 5.0 until 96 and it was long gone before 05.
  17. B

That is not the correct part number for a 99 5.0 explorer. The correct number is XL2Z14300DA but is NLA.
  18. B

fog lights

Ok, great. I have the jumper harnesses from the factory plugs to the fog light housings so I’ll get a switch. Thanks.
  19. B

fog lights

Reviving this thread. vroomzoomboom, are you saying there’s a short jumper harness from the wiring behind the dash to the fog light switch on the bezel?
  20. B

Did you confirm that for a 5.0 equipped explorer? I see it at Rockauto but when I search for 99 explorer it doesn’t come up.
  21. B

Proper procedure for adding Pag oil to AC system

Ok. Well my point is, it wasn’t full at 3oz. I’m glad you got it working.
  22. B

Your compressor wasn’t full with 3oz of oil in it. Ford ships them with 7oz. That’s why they tell you to drain your old compressor and measure what was removed, then drain the difference from the new compressor. Its ok to fill the system by just putting the oil in the compressor. It will be...
  23. B

I did miss the part where you said you flushed the system. The directions I gave you are per fords own installation instructions on the ford compressor I just installed recently. Exactly what “Donald’s” posted.
  24. B

My plan is to build a new complete harness to replace the old harness with. Someone in the past replaced the battery cables with some crappy extension cables with a junky connector and occassionally My X will just click the solenoid when trying to start and if I just shake the + battery cable...
Back