Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Replacing Instrument Cluster Light Bulbs

x2 on replacing all of them if you pull the cluster. While straightforward, it's a PITA job (Pain In The A** for those who don't recognize the acronym...). It's definitely worth changing them all out once you have the dash pulled apart.
  2. R

Coolant leak

BB - thanks for the post. Happy to hear you were able to fix it. Reading back through the thread, I realized I never did a "finish" post. You are correct that the thermostat housing itself does not require sealant - it's an O-ring only The sealant we were talking about above was around the...
  3. R

Do you have a `01 -`03 broken Fog Light lense?

I've got both front lights busted up and I'm about to replace them. About ripped the front fender off going through a big mud hole wheeling last spring, and ripped the wiring out the back of the lights and flooded the light wells. I think I have all the parts you need, though, still intact...
  4. R

New Ford Ranger Wheels 97 Sport

Hey, bringing this thread up from the dead... Those are the same wheels I have on my '02 Ranger...does anyone know where you can find them? I broke a wheel a couple months back (broken brake caliper mount - lodged against the inner surface of the wheel and ground all the way through before I...
  5. R

spewing coolant below thermostat

OK, replaced both sensors last night. FYI (most of you probably already know this...I'm learning as I go...) the reason there are 2 sensors: one feeds to the computer (called the Coolant Temperature Switch) and the other goes to the temp gauge (called the ECT sensor or 'sending unit'). From...
  6. R

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

Joined the forum a couple days ago, went "Elite" today. Even if I never use the other abilities, consider the $20 an appreciation for all the great knowledge I've gotten from the site. Thanks again.
  7. R

spewing coolant below thermostat

So this thread has been dead for a little while, but just in case someone else in the future is looking up this same problem (like I was the last couple days), I'll add my 2 cents. I had the same repair; failed lower thermostat housing, but once replaced the (2) ECT sensors were leaking like...
  8. R

Coolant leak

OK, put everything back in play last night. Still have a slow coolant leak from around the coolant temp sensors at startup. As the system heats up the leak lessens; it seems like the plastic body of the thermostat housing/water outlet expands enough that the sensor wells get tighter and the...
  9. R

Coolant leak

Applied the sealant last night and re-installed the sensors. Letting the seals set overnight and I'm going to test when I get home this afternoon. Hopefully I can get everything buttoned back up and on the road tonight; I'll post the results. So far I've replaced the T-Stat, Water Pump...
  10. R

Coolant leak

Thanks...I replaced the same part yesterday and still had massive coolant leaks pouring out below the truck. With everything reassembled I could see just a little bit of coolant sitting on the flat top of the bottom T-stat housing and figured it was coming from those 2 sensors, but didn't...
  11. R

Coolant leak

I'm having the same issue with my '02 Ranger...John, did you ever figure out the source of the problem?
  12. R

Leaking Coolant Like Crazy

I've been chasing a coolant leak in my '02 4.0L Ranger this week and have gone through much the same progression (including the mistakes and screw-ups). I will agree that an unintended consequence of doing these PITA jobs is that it's amazing how much you learn about your truck in the process...
Back