Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Doors

If anyone could give me their opinion, it would be greatly appreciated. I phone two Ford dealers in my area, and got two different answers. One ford dealer said yes, and the other no. Here is the question will the four doors from a 2002 Explorer XLT fit a 1999 Explorer XLT? Also, if anyone...
  2. C

Tires for Sport Trac

I am looking to purchase a 2002 Sport Trac that has 16 inch wheels. In order to safety the vehicle I need good tires. Right now I have a Ford Explorer SUV with 15's on it. Would I be able to put the 15's onto the Sport Trac? Any answers would be greatful. I went ahead and bought the truck, and...
  3. C

99 Ford Explorer

I recently purchased 15 inch 5 bolt winter tires with rims in great condition. My mechanic told me that the rims are for a F150 and won't fit my vehicle. Could someone please tell me what size rims I would need for the 99 Explorer. If anyone knows of someone that has explorer rims and wants to...
  4. C

2007 Sport Trac Limited

I am looking to buy a 2007 sport trac V8.How high in km's should I go before it is considered too high in mileage.
  5. C

New Emission Rules Ontario Jan/2013

Here is a link to what motorists need to know about the new rules (concerning emissions) the gov't of Ontario brought out. http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/environment/en/category/drive_clean/STDPROD_102286.html
  6. C

Opinions Please

Since my 99 explorer is so old I went out the other day to look for something newer. I checked out a 2009 Explorer Sport Trac. This truck was immaculate inside and out but the problem I found was the high it had 187,000 KM's. So, I would like to know if high mileage vehicles today are something...
  7. C

Key Fob

I have a brand new problem for you all :). My key fob will unlock the doors, but it will not lock it. I thought maybe the fob needed a new battery. So I went to my local Ford dealer,and they tried a brand new battery, and even a new fob and nothing worked. The new fob did exactly the same thing...
  8. C

Alternator ???

I recently had a new alternator put into my vehicle. Now after the starting it, in either warm or cold weather my headlights,taillights,clock and interior lights flicker fast and there is a whining noise. It is not the battery causing the flicker as it is keeping it's charge. Is this due to an...
  9. C

Used Vehicle Websites in US

Are they any websites for used vehicles where you don't have to put in a zip code to do a search? I live in Canada, and have no clue what the zip codes are for each state or area. I know on auto trader (US) they ask for the zip code.
  10. C

Face Gauges (instrument panel)

I live in Canada and been seriously thinking of buying another Explorer from the US. If I purchased a vehicle would I be able to change the face gauges to be able to read the speedometer in km's instead of miles? I noticed they have those gauges for sale on ebay, so I was wondering would there...
  11. C

Explorer Generations

Can anyone tell me what the years are for the first, second, and third generations of Explorers (the Suv's not the pickups)? Thanks :)
  12. C

Computer Codes

I have on my Explorer a minor code coming up all the time due to a filler neck problem, so the check engine light comes on. According to Ford, its an environmental code, and it costs 90 dollars to do a diagnostic test and clear. Well since I am not a Rockefeller, and don't have the money to...
  13. C

Opinion on the new Explorers

What does everyone think of the changes to the 2011 Explorer? I do not like the idea of a uni body frame and now it's more like a car and smaller. I liked the older models where they handled like a truck and could take off roading. Not sure I would want to take this new one on very rough terrain.
  14. C

Liftgates

I recently had another lift gate put on my explorer. Is there suppose to be a gap along the top where the hatch meets the roof? I never noticed it before with the old door. This new door is from a Explorer Sport where mine is an XLT and yes it is the same year. The guy at the wreckers told me...
  15. C

Door Codes

I was at my Ford dealer today asking about the code for the key less entry system. The parts guy said they used to put some information for the codes on one of the stickers that were on the vehicle. So he came out, and searched for this info, and found nothing. In my owners manual there isn't...
  16. C

Door lock

Door lock actuator no longer needed,finally got one :)
  17. C

Back Door

If anyone knows where I can get the back door with the rubber on the bottom for a 99 Explorer (suv) in Canada for under 500 please let me know. Most I have seen are 600 up and the bottom where the rubber is, has rusted out.
  18. C

Hercules Terra Trac Radial A/W

I purchased a set of these(used) for my explorer and would like to know what the opinions are of this tire. I read some reviews online, and the people claim there are no good for rainy slippery roads or icy winter roads. So are these safe good tires or did I get duped?
  19. C

Ford Recalls In Canada

I have a 99 Ford Explorer and my timing chain needs to be replaced. I just found out by a mechanic the other day that Ford Canada had a recall about 9 years ago for timing chains and I was never informed by Ford or the dealer I purchased this truck from in 2006. Does a recall expire or does Ford...
  20. C

Back door for 99 Explorer XLT

Hello does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced back door for my explorer in Ontario? I need the one with the rubber on the bottom that also has the tinted window with the wiper on the back. I have checked most auto wreckers here and they want 500 Can for the door. Since I am not...
Back