Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Stall Converters.....

Ok heres the siutation the vehicle i bought has a stall converter in it, even though it is helping in no way, as far as i know, thats why i started this thread. The PO installed it when they rebuilt the tranny, but the engine is absolutely stock(short of me bout to install headers but that would...
  2. X

SAS 1984 Chevy Blazer

hey guys im back. got a new rig im working on, Dad gave me his old 4x4 1984 Chevy S-10 Blazer. But im doing a lot of work to it. So far i have a 350 Block, i need to do a rebuild on it. I picked up today a Chevy 3/4 Front end, and 14 bolt rear end. Turbo 350 and Np205 T-case. Also with the...
  3. X

Explorer Needs new shoes

Well its time, the explorer needs some new shoes but i need help deciding on what style i want. so i wanted some input... Any style will be in a 15x10, heres the choices.. 1. 2. 3. 4. I like them all, but I really like the last 2, but i really want chrome, but than again im...
  4. X

5x4.5 to 6x5.5 adapters

Just as the title says, i need to find a place that sells these, anyone know of a place, PLEASE link me...
  5. X

Sport Trac riding 37"s, WHAT!?!

As some of yall know the lifted 2wd on 37"s is no more, i ripped all my lift(cept the body) and im running 31"s right now. I planned on trading my truck in and getting something newer and nicer, not sure what, was thinking a car or something, but than i got to thinking a sport trac would look...
  6. X

Wierd Transmission Problem

Ok so i blew the tranny in my 97 Explorer, Grenaded the rear tail shaft cause i didnt extend my driveshaft pretty much. So i call the junk yard and get another tranny for a 1997 ford Explorer 4.0l OHV 2wd. I get the transmission all bolts up and everything, and while connecting all the...
  7. X

Uh oh....

There goes the trans, could that mean 4x4 swap time :D but seriously, my POS is starting to act out, some times ill be driving and it will just drop gear, usually slow speeds, like maybe its the 1-2 shift, it will feel like it goes to nuetral, i hear it reving, than it will pop into gear...
  8. X

Advice on New Rig

Well the Expos up for sale. And im considering my options on new rigs. Price Range is bout 16k. Im looking for an SUV 2wd or 4wd. It will stay stock besides some minor appearance mods prolly. Maybe some nice rims down the road. I want a vehicle that will ride nice, wont break, and be an all...
  9. X

Wow!

Amazing what a little polishing can do to a 70$ set of aluminum wheels. I bought these wheels for 70$ shipped, and received them in fair condition, i knew they werent good but it didnt matter to me, they had been neglected and were in major need of polishing. I used Mothers Mag polish when i...
  10. X

to much stress....

So i know theres going to be bout 20 people that pop on here and is goign to say i told you so, but oh well some one needed to try it, and i did, and im here to inform yall, 37"s is TO MUCH STRESS on 2wd lift spindles. Just thought i would inform yall of that, luckily i broke the spindle backing...
  11. X

Going lower...

So ive been thinking of dropping my truck. Right now its 9"s of lift with 37"s. Im thinking of maybe 2"s or so of drop and some nice looking 20"s, not some gaudy lookin 20"s, something clean and simple. I was also thinking of dropping it to like 5"s of lift and 33"s on 20"s but dont think i...
  12. X

37"s To much for Rear 8.8"?

So yea i doubt this cause i know some of yall hardcore crawlers are running 37"s on your 8.8 and yall abuse them, My trucks only been in the mud once, and it was nothign serious cause im only 2wd. So i guess its prolly install error. Theyve been in less than 3 months prolly so i dont know what...
  13. X

New box time

Time has come to build a new box, The current one is to plain, it was made to fit my Jeep CJ, and it was fine for that, but the Explorer needs something nicer, and sleeker. Ima make one that probaly flows with the wheel wells, was gunna do fiberglass, but think ima wait a little longer on that...
  14. X

Kid gets some 22"s

Ok so i got bored and decided i didnt like 15"s anymore, traded my 37" Wranglers, for some 37" Wrtanglers made for 22" Rims Tell me what you think... ok so i was bored in webdesign class, and im learnin to use Photoshop
  15. X

XplorerKid's 2wd Beast

My name is Caleb, live in Florida, and Ive been through 3 rigs now, and i believe this is my nicest, the last one was more built up, but was built for offroading so on road it suffered. Not gunna go into a lot of details so heres what yall wanan see, the truck. Specs: Interior- Kenwood...
  16. X

I wanna be like Boomin (my Worklog)

Ok so ive started the transformation, From little 2wd, to Big 2wd. :thumbsup: Got my Bodylift and gears here friday, did the TT, and the Body Lift today. Tommorow the rear axle is coming out, and finish up all the little things left to do for the Body Lift. Chris(Boomin) has been a BIG help in...
  17. X

Lift Shocks

Ok think i bout got the jeep sold, have a guy wanting to fly out and look at it, hes already planinng shipping and all that... Onto my ?, Ive been searching but cant find my answer. What is some part numbers for lifted shocks for the 2nd gen explorers? 2wd if it matters. If i have to ill run...
  18. X

Video

Not an Explorer, but i figured i could still post in the Audio Sections, dotn worry the bass doesnt sound that crappy in real life, the Digital camera mic just sucks! Right Click>save as http://redneckengineering.net/JeepBass.wmv
  19. X

New pics of my Heep

Heres some new pics of my Heep, and an old pic for comparison.... Ive added: New(to me) 15x10 Aluminum Wheels New(to me) 38x15x15 Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips New(To me) Hard Top New Light Bar 4 New 100 watt Pro Comp 6" offroad lights And some Cheap slim Foglights on the back bumper to...
  20. X

'Kids New Rig

Hey Guys, My Names is Caleb Hartline, and well as almsot on here prolly knows, my explorer is dead, so i had to replace it with something. Vehicle of Choice? 1980 CJ-7 :thumbsup: ....... Link to my Explorer Registry Heres a Pic with some specs, ill post more later Specs: 1980 Scout...
  21. X

Warn MX 8000 D1 ?

Anyone have any information on this winch? ive searched and cant find anything..... i know its an 8k winch but ide lile to know more... Model is MX 8000 D1 made by Warn Some other markings are .... [ ] means the text is typed in a box M [25314] ..................V [12]........D [87]...
  22. X

Internation D44 Axles

International D44 Axles This aint explorer related but i need answers ASAP, How is the strength of the D44's that came in the International Scouts? Not sure of the Year, but i know its D44's the front came with Stock Disc if that gives any refereance points Thanks
  23. X

Transmission Woes

So I've been having this problem for soem tiem now, but its not always there. We let my Transmission builder know a few months ago, around March i think. I can go a Couple Feet, like says 15, or down to the stop sign at the end of my street, only 1 hosue between it and me. And than all of a...
  24. X

I see into the Future: Tellico Summer 2005

Hey guys, i was talking to JasonB about goign to Tellico Next summer, at first i was jsut joking around, but ide love to go there. But now ive talked my Mom into goig nthere next summer for Vacation. He says hes Game, and i was woundering if any one else would be Game to go. HE said that the...
  25. X

Powertanks

Hey guys, Ive been wanting onboard air for a while, My truck is not the most hardcore vehicle there is, actually rather stock, but i do like to push it to its limits. :) Ok enough BS. Like i siad ive been wanting on board air for a while, but i now am woundering if the Powertank(cO2) would be...
Back