Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Torsion twist and shackles a bad idea?

I raised two inches by twisting the torsion bars, and changing the schackles made with the same design that corkey posted, and they work great. I think those shackles are stronger than the stock ones.- Just do it....
  2. M

4405 to 1354e to 1354e with Manual Shift

I have used it on several ocations, and I more than happy with it. It woks perfect. I only spray some WD40 on it to keep it clean.- It doesn´t have any marks to tell you when it´s engaged, so y made some signs on the shifter (the part inside the truck) to know the exact position of the gear
  3. M

4405 to 1354e to 1354e with Manual Shift

hi, I did the same convertion on my X, and I have the exact same shifter I bought it from him: http://dandd-performance.com/
  4. M

My SAS 97 Explorer

they are made with 3/16 ironplates
  5. M

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

I do not, but I can take some pictures and post them in a few days
  6. M

My SAS 97 Explorer

Thanks a lot!!! buy the way, my power steering pump was failing and leaking fluid, so I wanted a high performance pump. there are no performance parts for explorer here, so some I have to buy in US, and some work with what he have. In short and excellent pump for explorer is the original...
  7. M

New Cowl Hood!

Nice!! :thumbsup:
  8. M

My SAS 97 Explorer

Hi Glen! It´s a Dodge Ram 2500 Steering Box, we installed that way because there was no room inside the chasis... in the back it´s inatlled the panhard bar, and in front of it the radiator, so the only place left was under the chasis. However it is well protected by the skid plate, that covers...
  9. M

Please Reviews on this module???

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/JET-89714/Application/?query=Year%7c1997%7cMake%7cFORD%7cModel%7cEXPLORER&prefilter=1 Hi Guys, I bought this and I want to know if anyone has used it, what do you think about it? it´s easy to install??
  10. M

My SAS 97 Explorer

Hi, yes It has those 2 bolts, plus one in the other side and one in the back, but they don´t appear in the picture.- I would like install the axle under the coils, to get more ground clearance, but We did that because if I install the axle over the coils the truck went too high.
  11. M

My SAS 97 Explorer

Hi Guys! Thanks for the advice, those tide rod end on the front are from a Ford F7000 truck, we have tried them on trial competition jeeps and they work nice, so we are trying them on the X, so far they are running Ok....but if the start to show some signs of faillure I´ll replace them. And...
  12. M

any reviews on this module?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/JET-89714/ has anybody tried this modules? is it word it? how about performance and mileage?
  13. M

Oil Pressure and Temp

Hi, I ride an V6 OHV 1997 Ford Explorer XLT. I have mechanical gauges on my X, and I have a question.... I´m reading from 30Psi (at 800 RPM) to 65 Psi (at 2000 RPM) when its cold; and 18 Psi (at 800 RPM) to 40Psi (at 2000 RPM) when the engine is at 90 degress (celsius) -194 F°- is it...
  14. M

My SAS 97 Explorer

Yaep, that´s right Long Sackles and drop brackets on the rear leafs, because if a put de axle under the leafs it gets to high. And in the front I install coils from Grand Cherokee 97, with Rancho RS9000 shock absorbers
  15. M

My SAS 97 Explorer

It´s Finally done. Ford Explorer with front Dana 30 from Grand Cherokee and BF Gs 33 (Photo links dead) Regards from Argentina:exporange
  16. M

Hi from Argentina

Hi Guys, these are the latest pics of my truck the SAS convertion it´s almost done... Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us 97 Ford Explorer Solid axle swap from Grand Cherokee Dana 30 and 33´s
  17. M

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Again my SAS 97 Explorer
  18. M

Hi from Argentina

Hi, I´m Marco from Buenos Aires Argentina, I registered here a long time ago, but just now I´m doing my presentation. this is my rig, a ´97 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0 Uploaded with ImageShack.us at that moment it had 2" body lift, 2" TT, extended shackles, and 31 Goodyear Tires...
  19. M

Thanks! I´ll upload more pictures when it´s ready to roll... now I´m working on the snorkel and a bumper with winch too
  20. M

Hi Guys! this is my X from Argentina.- It´s a 97 explorer XLT first with a 2" body lift, and 2" TT :exp: but now it´s in the shop goind SAS with 10" lift and 33" tires Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with...
  21. M

Finished 2 inch Body lift!

I think I used 3 inches diameter, but I´n not sure I would hace ti messure it again.
  22. M

Finished 2 inch Body lift!

32s will fit for sure, I bought 33s but I will have to go a little higher
  23. M

Solid axle on a 98 what do ya think?

Hi i am in argentina and i´m doing a solid axle swap on my 97 ford explorer. I use a gear box from a 79 F150, mounted at the exterior part of the chasis, and I have to lift the truck about 7 inches to make room to the Dana 44 diferenttial.
  24. M

what to do with body lift

I think I would look great, I have 2" TT, long shackles in the rear, and a 2" Body Lift. I´m rolling on 31s but I will install 32x11,5x15. My only doubt is if I will have to trim a little regards
Back