Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

loud ticking at start up

I have a 2003 xlt 4.6 with 166k, problem is at start up i have a very loud tick that sounds horrible and then goes away after 15- 30 + seconds. if it was my old 5.0 I would guess a lifter/ rocker arm. any info would rock. Thanx guys and gals for all the knowledge
  2. C

Anybody use sct x3 tuner on a 4.6 2003 exploder?

I am curious about their claims and would like to see if any have tried it first? Any info good or bad, but please, FIRST HAND ONLY NO BS. thanks :
  3. C

Monroe quick-strut

hello all has anybody tried these, My 2003 nbx is ready for struts they look like a nice easy fix. Also as a side ? when do I check out for the MODIFIED group? I've done stereo and brakes tires?
  4. C

2003 V6 Explorer XLT Speedometer Not Working

mine did the same thing , I tried all the tricks ended up having to replace the whole gauge cluster but it worked fine afterward
  5. C

puzzled

thanks!!
  6. C

puzzled

anybody,anything,Bueler?
  7. C

puzzled

hi all my 2003 explorer has 155k runs great but the heater/ac vent control is wacky. when i have it on floor only it blows out the defrost and the floor, hardly warming my feet. when i have the ac on just vent I have to fun it on full blast just to cool off and i still feel it on my feet. ac...
  8. C

help my cruise control

yes both cables are hooked up I also checked and cleaned the sensor connection at the master cylinder, and the brake pedal switch seems OK. I'm getting bummed it might cost a lot of money... I'm gonna go fishing :cool:
  9. C

help my cruise control

ncranchero thanks for getting back so quick thanx ncranchero the recall has been done . but i don't know where to start checking or troubleshooting. is there a vacuum source or maybe a sensor?:(
  10. C

help my cruise control

hello my name is cityworker and my 2000 5.0 AWD explorer's cruise control suddenly stopped working, any help will help. Please:salute:
  11. C

2002 Ford Explorer won't start.

hello I don't know if this will help but when I had a simmilar problem it was the key not playing nicley with the computer
  12. C

cold air intake

sweet thanx shadowless its on its was
  13. C

cold air intake

sorry but one more thing, where can i get a CAI for my 2k 5.0 its killin me!?:exp:
  14. C

towing lighting issues

that sounds like my problem. Ill probe that as my lady runs the lights. thanx fishin ford good luck fishin mabey ill see you on the bay someday
  15. C

towing lighting issues

the grounds were the first thing i checked their perfect I took a disk to them to make sure, I was told there is a relay for the tow lights.Any word on that?
  16. C

towing lighting issues

hello long time no post. life has been savage latley, but when i finall\y got the boat out to go sturgoen fishing my boat ligts are no good. i installed a new set of submersable lights on the trl. and only one worked. i tested it on the bench and it worked. so i check the four way flat and iy...
  17. C

trailer wiring on a 2k 5.0 xlt

help I have just put a new four wire flat two tail light set on my boat trl and every time i hook it up to the truck it fries a bunch of different fuses. I'v redone the trailer twice thinking it was that but its not. where do i start on the truck, relays tow connector ect. all the wires are...
  18. C

K&N Injection Performance Kit for 97 Mountaineer

trailer wiring help my 2k 5.0 xlt will not hook up to my boat trl wiring every time i hook it up it fryz a bunch of different fuses. i just wired the trl with a new4 wire flat, two taillight systemsoon as i fire up the lights fuses start going. where do i start on the truck.
  19. C

K&N Injection Performance Kit for 97 Mountaineer

hey celly how,d you get a 5.0 cai? this is cityworker i'v been looking for a cold air intake but cant find one at all MAC is the only supplier iv found and they dont have any for a 2000 5.0? any body help PLEAZZZ!
  20. C

any good chips or programers for 2000 5.0 awd

Hi again I would like to finish the mods i have done( dual exhaust,cold air intake,plugs wires) with a chip or computer programer. Has any one done this to a 2k 5.0 AWD xlt?:thumbsup:
  21. C

New shocks

monroe sensatracks they ride firm on my 5.0awd but there a sweet ride on dirt roads and backroads
  22. C

what can i expect from a cold air intake

Hello again i bought a MAC cold air intake kit for my stock 5.0xlt awd and was wondering if anyone else did that mod with good results or bad?
  23. C

Thanx

Just wanted to say a how do to the folks who set up this site. I know its not easy but I really appreciate it:D
  24. C

thanx for all the help

I am done and the trucks bad ass. All is new up front every bushing piece part and thing it is a new truck also thanx to turdle and every one with the input on the sensa trac shoks.. love peace and hairgrease im out
  25. C

upper control arms on 2000 5.0 xlt

sweet you rock thanx for the advice i'll be up and running soon:p:
Back