Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Transmission jerking on 1st speed

Here is a video of a problem On the first gear the car runs like on jerky manual trans
  2. L

Here is a video of a problem
  3. L

Thanks for help! Is it possible to buy new solenoids separately?
  4. L

Unfortunately the problem doesn’t deal with oil. Since I bought this car, I change transmission oil and filter every 35000 km...
  5. L

Over 200k miles and cannot solve this issue, it’s easier to sell a car rather than fix this
  6. L

Over 200k miles and cannot solve this issue, it’s easier to sell a car rather than fix this
  7. L

Well, have have passed 150000 miles, still have this transmission jerking in the 1st gear, maybe there is a solution appeared during this past years?
  8. L

Broken facet on a spark plug

I think initially the spark plug was defected. Because when I tried to unscrew it first time with 9/16 socket, I didn’t apply much effort and the hex got rounded. At this time I removed it with 13mm socket on a hot engine and a bit of carb cleaner, didn’t need to apply much force. It looks...
  9. L

Finaly got it out using 13mm socket and hand hammer...
  10. L

New Tuner By Diablo

Will be waiting for the results:)
  11. L

shucker1, thanks for attention, but those topics will not help me, because the spark plug did not brake, its fine and works perfect, only the hex is rounded...
  12. L

think i need something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grip-Tite-Super-Socket-Rounded-Bolt-Removers-17-pc-SAE-Set-/151250928754
  13. L

But this sockets are too short, no?
  14. L

yes, first i used a six point socket 9/16" (14,2mm), then i tried 14mm socket- no result. As you see on the picture, the facet on the spark plug is round, so now it is impossible to use any sockets because they scrooll:(
  15. L

No, the spark plug did not brake, the engine is working perfect, without any shake. I just cannot remove it now and change, because socket spanner wrench scrolls on the spark plug. Dont know how long this spark plug will work, i know that it was changed 70 000 km ago. Here is a foto of broken...
  16. L

Good evening! First of all sorry for my English. Bought another 2007 Ford Explorer V8. Tried to change the spark plug- 7 of them came out without any problem, but the last one did not. The reason is that i applied to many force and wrenched off the facet (sorry if it is a wrong name for it- i...
  17. L

Conected the scanner today. I have the latest calibration 8L2P-7J104-BC. So the problem is not electrical. But still- this trasmission is very very smoth, the only problem oсcurs on slow speeds. Well, will close my eyes on this, and continue enjoy driving explorer :)
  18. L

I dont think that it is a mechanical problem. I will try to download 8L2P-7J104-AC calibration and see if the Ford IDS Scanner will update it.
  19. L

Tried again to contact my local dealer- no answer...is it so complex question?
  20. L

Please, can anyone ask ford customer service in US concerning the TCM Calibration. Which one is the last one- 6U7A-12A650-KNC or 8L2P-7J104-AC? Unfortunately US customer service doesnt want to answer me, because i am from Europе:( Our local dealer is completely crap, they only have information...
  21. L

Today i have connected the scanner and it showed me that i have the latest TCM Calibration 6U7A-12A650-KNC and doesnt update it. I thought that the latest was 8L2P-7J104-AC. Can somebody explain this?
  22. L

Thank you for reply. I believe that the problem is in TCM calibration, because some have this problem, some-not. I know that there are different TCM calibrations for different model years, and while flashing it is easy to choose a wrong one.
  23. L

Hey everyone! First of all sorry for my English. I have a little problem with transmission jerking on first gear, for example in traffic jam. I wil try to describe it- when the car is moving at at minimal speed (5-10 km/h) on the first gear, when I add gas- the car jerks (twitches) and then the...
Back