Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. tgreene92

Kert's Classy Bumper builds

those bumpers look great, they look alot like the one i built for a friend, yours are much cleaner though. What kind of cutting tools/benders/welders did you use.
  2. tgreene92

98 4.0 sohc no spark

ok so i ran the no spark procedure, no frayed or bad plug wires, switched the coil pack(i had another one so why not) then tested the plug to the coil pack, got 12 volts at the far right terminal, then tested the other 3 to see if they were getting power, nothing on all 3 with the motor...
  3. tgreene92

98 4.0 sohc no spark

So i havent really run any tests yet as once i realized i had no spark i didnt feel like doing anything else, batteries got juice and the motor cranks but no spark. Im just trying to get some and any ideas as every time i run into something simple like this it ends up not being so simple. Any...
  4. tgreene92

passengers side drop t case

yea i knew those would work, but unfortunately an atlas is well out of my budget. I can pick up an a divorced case for a decent price but i feel like that is overkill for what im building.
  5. tgreene92

passengers side drop t case

I just picked up a set of Chevy rears from a friend, 14 bolt full float and a Dana 44 front. got em for free so i figured i mine as well take em, my question is, is there a passenger side drop t case that will bolt up to the 5r55e, figured i mine as well ask considering i need a t case and if...
  6. tgreene92

Wanted WTB 4.10 gears for 8.8

some explorers came stock with 4.10 gears, i would recomend just buying new front and rear gears and install kits(assuming your 4wd) if you can do the install. if not it might be worth it to try to find a the rears in a junkyard.
  7. tgreene92

Power Distribution box keep blowing fuse???

check for shorts in the wire or bad grounds, there is a ground wire that runs right off the box, check that first. then your gonna have to get a wiring diagram and find out which wires are the ones that run out the box to all the accessories, find them and check for obvious flaws such as tears...
  8. tgreene92

Misfits4x4 7Th annual truck & car show fundraiser NJ

Im giving this a much needed bump, im surprised more of the NJ guys havent seen this, everyones attention must be on the sept 24th run.
  9. tgreene92

starter or flywheel problem

bust out the grinder and shave a little metal off the starter and trans
  10. tgreene92

Didnt they have some sort of trail runs setup for afterwards last year, if they dont maybe we can put something together.
  11. tgreene92

ill be there, was gunna go last year but had some truck troubles and couldnt make it.
  12. tgreene92

chop top 1 ton ex.

subscribing, and stealing ideas. Keep up the good work cant wait to see this done.
  13. tgreene92

Questions going to 35"

If your going up to 35s you'll def need to re-gear, and yes you need to re-gear both front and rear, what type of wheeling do you plan on doing? even if you re-gear 35's will be harsh on that IFS. I don't think you really need any special tools to re-gear your diffs, maybe a press to get...
  14. tgreene92

Bed Liner n Back

bed lining my floors is the best mod i have done to my truck, when i ripped out the carpets there was all sorts of nasty stuff beneath. now if my floors ever get dirty i just grab the hose and wash the floor. also make sure you pull all the plugs out of the floors before cuz if you dont the...
  15. tgreene92

horrible oil and plugs..

Oil filters are oil filters unless there high performance units for drag cars and what not, thats coming from a buddy in the business. seafoam in the crankcase will clean out different portions of the engines than if added through the intake. adding it through the intake will clean out cylinders...
  16. tgreene92

35's to be put on friday

jeez, i ran 33's and 3.55's for awhile and i swear i could feel my trans and rears getting torn up i cant imagine 35's. I'm no expert but from personal experience and common sense id re-gear asap. I believe 4.10s are the minimum recommended to run with 35's.
  17. tgreene92

Can i fit 33s with 4" lift??

Isnt that green Ex for sale? i thought i saw it on south jersey CL.
  18. tgreene92

35's to be put on friday

Did you regear? id imagine those tires would rip up your rears with stock gears.
  19. tgreene92

Sep 24th Intro to the Pines Trail Ride (South Jersey)

Im assuming well sort out smaller details later, but if we are to enjoy alcoholic beverages at your friends farm what should we do with it before we get there considering they are not allowed in the state park. also are you just going to collect payment for camping the day of or are you going to...
  20. tgreene92

horrible oil and plugs..

It essentially breaks down and cleans out carbons in the motor, i had worse, wish i had pictures, my piston rings were shot and dumping gas into the oil, so basically my oil was gasoline, and my plugs were beyond shot, no electrodes and the gaps were way off. it was a 98 xlt with 200,000 miles...
  21. tgreene92

Shackles and TT/ Shock Question

You wont need longer shocks for a tt/ shackles or body lift. A tt does not increase suspension travel so longer shocks arent necessary, shackles will create a little more rear suspension travel but not nearly enough that longer are needed. and the shock mounts are mounted to the frame not body...
  22. tgreene92

Torsion Twist Question

Ive done a tt on two of my explorers and a few others, with a little pb blaster and a short breaker bar they went up no problem. Are you turning the socket the right way? is it possible the truck has already had a torsion to level out the front and the bolts are bottomed out? Maybe you could try...
  23. tgreene92

New Brake Calipers: Bleeding

Any time i do anything with my brakes i always just bleed all 4, It takes an extra 5 mins and a tad bit of brake fluid, the time is well worth knowing that your all the air is out of your lines.
  24. tgreene92

Sep 24th Intro to the Pines Trail Ride (South Jersey)

Yea ill definetely go, im more than familiar enough with the pines that i think i could help out. I always love an easy trail ride to enjoy scenery too. Dave did you get a new number, i tried calling you the other night to see if you were heading out but it says your numbers disconnected.
Back