Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

1997 fan removal

i believe there is a 1 5/16 nut right behind the fan that needs to loosened. The best way i found to go about doin this is to, leave serpentine belt on(to keep pressure on the pulley, and use an open end wrench,or channel locks, to grab the nut and turn it counter clockwise. If the belt...
  2. C

Which tires?

Just from my experience i would recommend staying away from kuhmos. I have a A/T set of kuhmos on my X right now and they ride harsh and are somewhat loud. I previously had a set of coopers on there and they were like riding on a cloud. Coopers get a thumbs up from me.
  3. C

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

96 XLT 4.0 OHV.......144,000 miles and still alive and kicking. Damn 2-3 flare just starting to happen though.
  4. C

96 Ex Power Window Bushing Fix with Pics!

great write up. My power window was making a clicking noise whever the window button was pressed, sure enough all 3 of those window regulator gear plugs were chopped into tiny lil bits. Great thread with great pictures and info. Thanks :thumbsup: This needs a Sticky
  5. C

The "Ass End boogie".

I dont know if this pertains to explorers, but my 1993 tbird did the same exact thing, especially at highway cruising speeds. The culprit on the tbird was a Strut Rod Bushing. i dont know if explorers have these as i just got my explorer less than a week ago, but if not the strut rod bushing...
Back