Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

odd miss fire

the 93 has long since been stripped and went to the crusher, the 91 is the one im trying to get rolling. so i need to know if the 93 part will fit in the 91 and run it. just trying to narrow down the issues. PS any way to test the icm without buying a new one?
  2. H

odd miss fire

ok need to pick yalls brains again.... will these 2 switch out?
  3. H

odd miss fire

both are autos, 4.0, only diff is one was 4 door 2wd <93> other sport 4x4 <91> ty weasel
  4. H

odd miss fire

sry to bump my self but need to know if the pcm will swap?
  5. H

odd miss fire

:roll: my 91 4x4 ex has developed an odd problem... died flat out on the way home from a camping trip, checked fuel fire and air had no fire. after about 20 min had fire again a cupla miles later nothing, 20 min later fired up again few miles later same issue limped it almost home in this...
  6. H

Ricks Bronco: 1and 1/2

my fave tread on ef, like a favorite tv series gotta see what rookie is gonna do next :)
  7. H

exploder exploaded bearings (or why to check bearings often) not 56k friendly

maby it should have been at the top, it is now but ford put it where it was at the 20 deg out, i just put it up for ease of looking at things... and even if the lock ring key filled the full width of the keyway (which it does not, thanks ford) it still couldn't keep the nut from loosing without...
  8. H

exploder exploaded bearings (or why to check bearings often) not 56k friendly

Here is the carnage from a bearing blowout, a friend borrowed my truck for a bit and when she brought it back she said the brakes were locking up.... wonder why? a few shots of the carnage after removing wheel This shows how the entire assembly was riding on the ring...
  9. H

lol im a self confirmed gear had and had to read it twice to get it. gotta stop using big words and big math on all us poor shade tree mechanics, makes my head hurt
  10. H

Post yer 94 pictures

although jable dosent have that x anymore i thought it looked much better od green than original :) but as u said to each his own (of course i could be biased as mine looks much like his in the od gren pic lol)
  11. H

good lord i hope u got a good price! i saw how much work went into that trailer :)
  12. H

Cant u ever just leave it alone? never mind, dont answer that :)
  13. H

Post yer 94 pictures

i gotta get me a model ex now! :)
  14. H

Broken or misaligned gear shift indicator.

good to hear glad we could point u in the right direction!
  15. H

alternate A/C compressor?

glad u got it figured out enjoy the cool breeze!
  16. H

Think the tranny went this mornin', need help!

congratz! now u know our secret! the "colorful language" us mechanics use makes all the difference, without it aint nothin movin! :D
  17. H

what years should i look at

you are looking for first gen parts 91 to 94
  18. H

Scotty's Rangerunner Build...

went out and ran some trails at kerr lake today, mostly sand had a blast, got a noise from my right rear now. was hopping the jumps quite a bit. oh well, build it, wheel it, brake it, repeat! :) (btw i had just fixed the front end this morning) would love to get all the ark explorer guys down...
  19. H

ive been meaning to get up to that little rock off road park, just havent had the time or been able to get enough of our members off on the same weekend. that and i have most of fort chaffee we can run for free :)
  20. H

nice to see such a nice ranger here in ark, most of the "nice" ones we have here have been lowered. lowered looks nice in its own right just not my cup of tea.
  21. H

headlight switch

check the fuse with a meter, could have blown it and it still looks good.
  22. H

Broken or misaligned gear shift indicator.

there's a small cable for the selector behind/ under the instrument panel it has probably slipped off. here is a pic of an older one to give u an idea of what to look for.
  23. H

Testing the 4x4 computer in the rear.

i haven't had to mess with my 4x4 comp yet so im not sure but i think it has 2 led's on it for testing? with it plugged in they should light up when the switch is hit i think. what made u go with pulling the 4x4 comp? wouldn't it have been easier to test the switch?
  24. H

i acctually love the round headlight idea, but then im a little crazy any way. wonder how i would go about puttin em in my first gen x? hmmmm....
  25. H

Roll Over Posse Board Member Nominations and Elections

its my toy so i expect quite a few more dents :) gonna paint the rims black soon, its also my zombie squad BOV. official zs #5504
Back