Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Mounting a bike rack w/ only step bumper

I have a swagman three bike rack and i just use a bolt and put on the step bumper when i need it works great but the down side is not beieg able to open the tailgate?
  2. W

warrior shackle demensions

Thanks thats great i think i will go there this weekend and get what i need!!!:D
  3. W

Thanks for the help i guess its good and bad news, good that i know the bolt size and bad because that sounds hard to find! :D
  4. W

Anybody know what the hole size is i just built mine and am not sure? Also wondering what bolts to use i know grade 8 for sure but do i need any specifc type to go with the leaf springs?
  5. W

Spark plug keeps failing.

Just replaced the wire in my 97 and noticed the same thing with the EGR tube, so much for OEM fit on aftermarket wire sets!;)
  6. W

Missfire? or Backfire?

Ok so as usual need some help here... I have a stock 97 XL 4.0 OHV engine 166 000 KM no CEL or any codes in the computer i have had it scanned. Has brand new wires and is on its second set of plugs in 6 months. It would seem that about a month ago i noticed a srtange noise under load up...
  7. W

No O/D light? and I cant turn of O/D either?

Are you sure they were cut because i just fixed the same thing on my 97 and it looked like a clean cut but i am pretty sure they became pinched and then broke off over time? I am thinking this is a common problem? but i was sure glad it was an easy fix! oh by the way to anybody else who has...
  8. W

A/C Clutch going on and off

I beleve that most cars use the A/C to help the defrost cylcle but i am not 100% on how it works? maybe dryer air? i would like to know if all i need to do is add freon for sure because mine is doing the exact same thing!:D
  9. W

4.0 sohc, WOW!

Well so far i am liking the 4.0 ohv not the greatest power but really it is enough to get the job. I am partial to 5.0 as i had one in my first truck and man that motor had torque compared to whats out now! but that early ford EFI in the late 80's and early 90's nothing but a big can of worms!:D
  10. W

loud bang! this can't be good!

Ok so all the U-joints look good and i had the rear end checked( both axle seal needed to replaced any way) by a good shop that only works on rear ends and they could not find anything? so now what? i am thinking maybe tranny?
  11. W

No its just the 4.0 ohv but i thought they are all awd drive?
  12. W

sorry about the lack of info, so far it has only been under acceleration such as going up a hill that is the only time i hear it, the whole truck shudders a bit when it happens to. I am going check the fluid level tomorrow and go from there i guess?
  13. W

About 6 times now i have heard a loud bang come from what would seem to bethe rear end? it is not a constant noise or any kind of rotational noise and it happens once and then nothing for a while and then again and nothing? i am going to remove the cover this weekend to have a look but any help...
  14. W

Shock length

Sweet thanks for the help!
  15. W

Shock length

I am building a pair of shackles that match the ones made by warrior and i am wondering if i will have enough travel with the stock shocks or if i will need new ones, i already replaced them 6 months ago with monroe reflex so i really don't want to change them again. Thanks
  16. W

BF Goodrich or Goodyear

I went with toyo open country AT's and they are great, they look good and work well in any conditions i have been through. A little noisy but i kinda like that!
  17. W

Can't switch off overdrive!

Hi I have 97 XL 4.0 OHV and i can not switch the overdrive off? I have checked the fuse's and switch seems ok but i am not getting any current up to the end of the shifter where the switch plugs in? any advice would be great. thanks all
Back