Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Headlight Amber Lens Tint

To the guys that have removed the amber lens completely... Is there anyway you can post a pic or PM..text..email me one of what it looks like with out the amber once the headlight is put back together? I have a project going on through work and could use this ASAP. Thank you so much...
  2. B

Trip computer console removal question.

HAHA. Its all good, those are just advanced dummy lights. Ive got better ideas for that space. Thanks again guys.
  3. B

Show Off Your MOUNTY!

Tint, No Roof Rack, Lowered
  4. B

Trip computer console removal question.

I have a 99 mountaineer with the computer in the center counsel (for MPG, Oil Life, ETC). Does it affect anything if you remove it?
  5. B

How to: Interior Dome Light LED Conversion (PICs)

I think the spot lights are brighter as LED...I didnt even think about the visor lights. But these are great write ups man. Thanks again!
  6. B

How to: 2nd Gen Gauge Cluster Removal and LED Conversion V2

i got my SMD lights on ebay SUPER cheap and I love this mod!!
  7. B

I agree, I made my own for both fronts (left and right), the middle and the rear dome lights. But this doesnt show how to do the middle left and right, so I used some extra SMD 194s from the cluster to fit in those spots and they look great. Was just letting people know they fit because I...
  8. B

I dont know if anyone has said or done this yet, but the SMD 194 bulb fits in the middle dome light on the left and right sides. (The sides run by the switches). And the look great in there. Just a heads up so you can have a full LED dome light system. And thanks for posting this, it turned out...
  9. B

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

Blend door actuator (electonic HVAC) im not sure if anyone posted this or not because im at work and did not want to read through 8 pages of posts..haha i found in my 99 mounty that my blend door actuator was bad....it was held on with three 8mm (5/16) screws i used a slim ratchet...
  10. B

No Heat

Blend door actuator (electonic HVAC) i found in my 99 mounty that my blend door actuator was bad....it was held on with three 8mm (5/16) screws i used a slim ratchet (pkaty192 is the snap on part number) to remove these three screws very easily i lifted the actuator straight up (because...
  11. B

Started on my amp rack

changed out the amps and am redoing the rack...this time adding plexi glass
  12. B

Torsion twist for dummies! (pics included)

i was wondering if anyone knew anything about drop shock for the 99 mountaineer....i did this drop..love it but i have alot of body roll in the front and the rear seems stiff...makes for a weird drive at times...haha also...has anyone ever remove the frame stops above the rear axle?
  13. B

did a 2/2 drop...love it! thanks guys
  14. B

ill check it out....thanks i just picked up my blocks...im gonna do a 2/1 drop...just to get started to see how it goes
  15. B

so there is no way to tell right away if there is to much stress on the cv's other than time? i think im going to try the drop..since its cheap and easy to change back but what is the 4406 shift version...honestly ive never heard of it and again..thanks for all the help
  16. B

so if its under 2" im safe on the cv joints....how will i know if im risking them? and what if i want to go lower than that? (i know its weird to lower an AWD..i just like a more sporty look..haha) also..where can you pick up the rear drop blocks? thanks for the help and answering my...
  17. B

hey everyone...i have a 99 AWD mountaineer and i want to go down about 2" will this work for me? and how do i know when it is to far...also...how will the handling and ride change?
  18. B

X~Factor's Page

hey...i was wondering how you did the drop on this...i know you can do blocks in the rear...but i dont know how to do the front (its for a 99 AWD mountaineer) any ideas?
  19. B

Explorer lower on 22s.

so...how did you do the front end on this and how did the handling change???
  20. B

Sound Tickets and Facebook

im down for loud music...but i agree...it HAS to be clean...if i cant hear the full range of music its no good...and i turn my subs off at stop lights for the people around me as far as the bikers....they are way more annoying...but again..there is a difference between a good sound and a...
  21. B

Sound Tickets and Facebook

if you have gotten sound tickets from your stereo being "to loud" join this facebook group....it needs the support http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000891554931&v=app_2309869772#!/group.php?gid=109389655751375&ref=ts
  22. B

Started on my amp rack

heres mine (dont steal..LOL) really nice work with the subs...cant wait to see the finished amp rack this is how i did mine:
  23. B

What kind of stereo wiring harness does my 98 Explorer have?

metra we use metra products in our garage check out there site at metraonline.com there you can enter your vehicle info and they will tell you what you need do you have the JBL or MACH stereo though...because that can change everything
Back