Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Check air ride light *again*

We had some problems about 8 months ago with the Explorer and had both rear air shocks replaced as well as about $2000 worth of other repairs. Well the truck was fine after that but just this morning (was about 32 degrees.. coldest so far this season) i get a call that the check air ride light...
  2. M

Picked up my X on Sunday....

limiteds have no chrome. nice lookin ride, i really like that color combination :D
  3. M

v8...no real get up and go?

from what i've noticed the 5.0 in an explorer doesn't have much get up and go from a dead stop. drive around with the overdrive off and then u'll really see where the power is. and the sound isn't really all that loud IMO, but i'm used to loud mustang 5.0s so i might be biased
  4. M

Luk clutches any good?

lol, my best friend has been a co-op at luk for a couple years now. they actually make clutches and torque converters for most other clutch companies and car manufacturers so you shouldn't have any problems. they are always getting crazy preproduction cars (:cough: C6) for testing and such...
  5. M

do you have a explorer model?

no... but i have fenders that match my car :p :D
  6. M

Clear Bra: Good or Bad?

i worked at an Infiniti dealer and we used to put those 3M clearbras on cars all the time. i never heard of any complaints or anything but i do remember them turning SLIGHTLY yellow over a few years when applied to white cars, on darker colors it wasn't noticable. all the ones we had were...
  7. M

Anti Theft Again

hmm.... maybe i'm missing something but i don't know of any factory ford alarms that "chirp" to arm or disarm. are you sure its not a malfunctioning aftermarket alarm or keyless entry? for comparison.. the anti-theft on my explorer will arm with the power door locks, buttons on keyless...
  8. M

How rare is this color?

i wish they had more options for Limiteds!
  9. M

SALEEN EXPLORER

is this a misprint? it says the 5.0 saleen explorers came with 5 speed autos... i've never heard of any V8 explorers with that tranny?? http://saleenexplorer.freeservers.com/saleenexplorer021.htm
  10. M

tip of the day on rubber hoses and vac lines

i think they're great... even if they don't come in handy now i'm sure they'll stick in my head for later.
  11. M

AWD Working?

that doesn't seem right to me... only time my truck really fishtails for me is when theres a good amount of snow and i give it gas while making a turn. but even then it doesn't fishtail THAT bad though. Otherwise it just goes without any trouble (maybe a little wheelspin if give it too much...
  12. M

Most quiet, best street tire for street Xs is?

we have LTX M/S on our Explorer and Pathfinder (R.I.P 3/26/03) and i think they were great. Had plenty of traction in the snow and on the pavement they're quiet and offer plenty of grip.
  13. M

Columbus Ohio Ford Swap Meet

i might go with some mustang buddies... not sure yet though
  14. M

Want to buy Seafoam - can't find it locally

its $6 at our NAPA too! definitely helped my 240 when i used it in the gas tank though...
  15. M

Calling all broken blend doors...

sounds like my conversation with them.. the guy was nice though, he called the dealer and asked what kind of assistance they could give me and made them aware that i was unhappy with the situation. all in all it was pretty worthless other than him saying "make sure you keep all of the receipts...
  16. M

Blend door vote

i always thought it was only a problem with the automatic climate control systems?
  17. M

Blend door vote

just got mine fixed a couple months ago... i got the used car managers labor rate which was $55/hr and parts at a 10% discount after complaining to the dealer since i had just bought the car a year ago and already had almost $3k in repairs. i think it ended up costing around $500, which from...
  18. M

HELP WITH PERRY FENDERS!!!

(finally a question i can answer) at kmart, target or any department store where they have basic home supplies. it should be with the ropes and/or tape
  19. M

i wish i had 4wd..*sniff

nice girls.... wait i mean truck :o since u have all the girls to make up for it i'm gonna rub in the fact that i have AWD :p
  20. M

Need help fast, on install of a sarfari bar...

i got curious as to what a "safari bar" was and ran across this on the Westin website, Dead Link Removed not sure if thats the one you bought but i'm wanting one now :( EDIT: Dead Link Removed another link that shows what models u can use it on
  21. M

4.0 L OHV underpowered???

the 4.6 t-birds were low 16s in the 1/4 and the 3.8s were even slower at high 16s i believe. my friend had a 3.8 and it was pretty freakin slow whenever i drove it... i forget what the supercoupes ran (supercharged 3.8), but i wanna say something like low-mid 15s. they were quick cars for...
  22. M

How to tell AWD from 2WD??

find a foot of snow and try and get somewhere in it :D
  23. M

4.0 L OHV underpowered???

speaking from a second gen i'd say really torquey, but i never know what i'm talking about anyway so nevermind :p
  24. M

Ever thought of...

hows this for a deal... last summer this guy i knew (with an 800+rwhp Supra) sold his modded Typhoon with 63k miles for $8k. My friend who talks to him pretty often said he just wanted to get rid of it since he didn't drive it much and wanted the space in his garage. Then the kid who bought it...
Back