Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Starting over

I've been away since I traded my X in on a Bonneville back in February. Well, I did it again and traded the Bonne in on a 2001 Grand Cherokee! I looked at several late model 2002+ X's, even one with the 4.6, but none drove as good as the Grand Cherokee. So, now I'm starting over. So far I've...
  2. E

New Fram AirHog Filter?

What about the AiRaid panel filters? I'm using one on my Bonne and it works great and has an extra synthetic layer for more better filtering over the K&N.
  3. E

What engine do you want?

Back in February. Went from 11 mpg with the X to 25 mpg with the bonnie. Had to, I was spending $300 a month on gas. When Kerry is elected and gas goes down, I'll get another X. It just wasn't economical anymore.
  4. E

What engine do you want?

I got the engine I wanted. I just had to trade the X in to get it.
  5. E

Finally got the headlights i wanted, now need fogs!

Toucan, APC, Matrix, you name it, there all made by the same supplier in Korea.
  6. E

Horrible mileage has me fed up

I got 11 mpg in my Explorer after all the mods, K&N FIPK, exhaust, etc. I couldn't take it anymore, $300 a month on gas. Now I get 22 mpg in city driving with the new Bonneville!!!!!!
  7. E

Gas cap

I told you to check first.
  8. E

Pics of my truck with the new 22s! :)

Youv'e got to do a bigger disc brake upgrade. Your going to burn those stock discs out.
  9. E

After installing new cats I started getting a....

Who makes them? Were they installed in reverse direction? Are they welded on or clamped? Clamps suck and do leak. Check everything for leaks and looseness.
  10. E

Gas cap

Make sure you get the right cap from them. Use the part number (10502) on the box from my pic. The wrong cap pressure will screw up your PCM and give you the CEL.
  11. E

opinions on the sylvania silverstars

In the Explorer the Silverstars sucked. But I decided to put them in the Bonneville and they are kick a$$!!! I guess the light housing makes all the difference.
  12. E

Gas cap

It's twist and turn, then two turns to lock it.
  13. E

Gas cap

Bought a new Bonneville but took off some of the stuff from the Explorer. I remembered this thread and will sell my locking cap for $15 with free shipping. You can use this one with the strap, it has the loop groove. The Stant's are the best made! I also have a second key for it not pictured so...
  14. E

Bye Bye Explorer

The Explorer is gone!!! I got tired of 11 miles per gallon!!! Traded it in on a brand new Pontiac Bonneville SE. Just took delivery this morning in a snow/ice storm. This car is fully loaded. Traction control, auto leveling suspension, auto headlights, digital driver info system, tire pressure...
  15. E

GTECH performance PRO meter

I guess I have a lot of heavy stuff on it, grill guard, step bars, rear guard, then theres all the crap inside. I know the new leather seats are a lot heavier than the old stock ones. The larger 255/70 tires and chrome wheel are heavier as well. Not bad numbers though.
  16. E

Hood bulb

906 it was, thanks.
  17. E

I made ten 0-60 mode runs today on a flat surface at the Beacon train station and got better results. My new times are: 0-60 9.1 seconds, 60-0 braking 163 feet. I got the truck weighted at 4458 pounds. With that input in the Gtech I ran ten horsepower mode runs, 5 with OD on and then 5 off. I...
  18. E

Hood bulb

Anyone know what the bulb size is for the light mounted underneath the hood? Thanks.
  19. E

I received my new GTECH performance PRO meter last night. I've tried the 0-60 and 60-0 function so far and got a consistent 9.2 seconds 0-60 and a poor 176 feet 60-0. The 0-60 time is as good as the 5.0 and close to the SOHC times. All I've done to my OHV is an FIPK and 2.25" Magnaflow catback...
  20. E

true rev

It doesn't matter what you have, KKM, MAC, K&N FIPK, stock tube, chrome tube, the PCM will always adjust fuel flow and spark for the factory set perameters. Buy the one that looks and sounds the way you want it to.
  21. E

What are thease and would they look good on my truck?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Autozone is selling those now, the Poughkeepsie homies are buying them all up.
  22. E

silverstar disapointment - failed after 11 days

The harness is meant for high wattage bulbs like the ones I have, Hella 55/100's. It won't do squat for stock wattage ones, or help the Silverstars.
  23. E

How much is it worth?

I'll be selling it. If I trade it I wouldn't get anything for it. I love the new dash the Mustangs will have. The Explorer is fun, but the 2005 Mustang will be an investment. I'm going to keep it in stock form and pamper it for the next 20 years.
  24. E

opinions on the sylvania silverstars

Sorry, but I have to post this pic again.
  25. E

How much is it worth?

Just getting an idea of what my Explorer is worth. I'm going to be selling it in late summer for a new 2005 Mustang GT. Please look at my home page and let me know your opinions. Thanks. I love the driving lights!!!
Back