Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Solved Adding Fordpass Modem

Many people have. It will work fine in a 16.
  2. B

Steering Wheel Swap?

I assume you ment that is the nicest most respectful way.
  3. B

Steering Wheel Swap?

They changed ICAN to HS3 and added a Gateway module. Than they changed all the modules in the car to go through the Gateway Module. They also changed the network several modules lived on. So alot wont work but alot still will work. Most everything on the ICAN network will work in the newer CGEA...
  4. B

Steering Wheel Swap?

You can’t get it to work as a mute. You would need to change the AsBuilt settings in the SCCM for that configuration. The CGEA 1.2 SCCM won’t take the correct setting so it won’t send the correct signal to the APIM.
  5. B

Steering Wheel Swap?

You cant upgrade the SCCM as it communicates through the GWM so that won’t work. I left the D pad circuit alone and ran new wires from the new switch pack to the old one which I hot glued in it. It’s kinda confusing but it works.
  6. B

Steering Wheel Swap?

I don’t know the values on the resistors. They did change a wire on the right pack though. This has picks and discussed in great detail at Fordflex.net
  7. B

Steering Wheel Swap?

thats actually not the problem. The SCCM knows what buttons you push by the voltages the control packs send to it. In 2016 they changed the voltages on everything but the upper directional buttons. So in short you would have to be able to solder with SMT to swap the resistors or do a...
  8. B

2016-2018 police suv interceptor general questions

So your thinking Sync 1.1 not Sync 1. Yes it can be installed but I’ve never done that conversion. I used the bigger 52 pin plug so I’m sure it would take some wiring.
  9. B

Replacing my 4" screen with an 8"

It’s like Sync 1.1 I Believe. If you have a microphone up there that you should have a 54 pin.
  10. B

I use Forscan for everything. You would have to wire the 54 pin in than. It’s not that hard if your doing Sync 3. If you do Sync 2 there a a bunch more wires assuming you want the AV stuff active. All the wires you need are near by but it’s a bit of work the first time for sure.
  11. B

Countless hours. The power liftgate and the Sony wiring took the longest. HS2 is High Speed 2 network.
  12. B

It would not matter for the most part but because you have Sync you have several parts that I did not have. You would have the larger 54 pin plug for the ACM that I had to convert to myself. A 2017 is a different network than a 15 so there are some differences as it adds the HS2 network. I made...
  13. B

SYNC Build 21194 Is Released by Ford

I see now, sorry I just assumed they put Sunc 4 in the 2020+ without knowing any better.
  14. B

What models have a 10” Sync 3 screen? I know there are 10” Sync 4 screens that have been out for a few years. This update is for Sync 3 and your picture shows Sync 4.
  15. B

A 10” screen with Sync 3? Interesting.
  16. B

I have a 2015 PIU. I have Sync 3 in it from a 2018 Explorer. The ACM and Sony DSP are from a 2018 Edge. The Sony APIM is from a 2015 Explorer.
  17. B

Security and anti-theft

Pay Ford $20 and you will have all the service info you want for 72 hours online.
  18. B

Security and anti-theft

It will be around the backside of the key slot in the dash. It’s a pain to get to that for sure.
  19. B

Security and anti-theft

Yea gives you like 10 seconds to put in the key.
  20. B

Security and anti-theft

Yea that’s the one. I was suprised my PIU had it already behind the dash. I just got a pigtail and wired it into the BCM. Figured Ford would save the money and not put those in. Just programmed keys and works fine since.
  21. B

Security and anti-theft

Passive Anti-Theft System.
  22. B

Solved Adding Fordpass Modem

No/Kinda, The location tracking and Hotspot work in Fordpass for it but that is it so far. I have a few theories on how to use a GWM that is reprogramed to get it to work but I have not had time to try it yet.
  23. B

I missed that your right he does have an 18 but still pretty much the same as a 17. Not sure where I got 17 from LOL. If you look at the APIM PINs on a 11-15 CGEA 1.2 plug they are a bit different than a 16-19 with CGEA 1.3 and for good reason. For one the newer APIMs did not have the AV inputs...
  24. B

Yea Ford does not use Forscan. This is an aftermarket thing that is free. Pretty simple program but you can really screw things up if you start messing around.
  25. B

I wouldn't know of anyone you could take it to down there. Most would shy away from it as it's time-consuming wiring and what not. Most places want the quick plug and play option. If you were up here I would be happy to help. The wiring for the APIM is pretty simple if you did not have that...
Back