Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

I didn't need that timing chain anyways

Now to much rust on the body, a few "black eyes" but other than that its solid. I don't have the time, room or skill to fix it myself or else I would consider it. I was looking at buying a newer vehicle thats better on gas since I have a new job requiring an hour commute 3-4times a week so this...
  2. T

I didn't need that timing chain anyways

Well last Wednesday night my beloved first truck decided that it has had enough of this world, while the girl I'm seeing in the car with me on our way to my house. Shut off in the middle of the road. Thanks to a good semertian we were able to push it out of the intersection where she had her...
  3. T

New here and have a question

True, but they moreso than others got the rep for roll overs.
  4. T

New here and have a question

With my 98, I get about 15mpg but I'm 19 and drive more aggressively so that may cause it. My trans just went out it has the same as yours, they are a problem on this gen explorers. If you have to go in or out of 4L make sure your in neutral and to my knowledge your not supposed to turn or go...
  5. T

Subwoofer help

I had to pop happen with an old HU, went away when I changed it, but I've heard of loudness being turned way up to cause it, so I'd check that on the HU
  6. T

Well, I didn't want a transmission anyways

Well, they're rebuilding the trans to the tune of $2100. Figure at this point being 19 might as well pay that instead of buying a newer piece of junk for 2k with issues I don't know about. Transfer case is new Motor is still strong, so hopefully only minor issues from here on out. Also, is...
  7. T

Well, I didn't want a transmission anyways

98 XLT with 128,x.. miles. Trans decided mid trip today to go it alone leaving me stranded on a main road. Barely got her to a parking lot 10mph or less at 5,500RPMS. Prior to it happening the front end made a noise up starting almost like a wheel bearing was gone a meataly(is that a word)...
  8. T

Plug n Play Wiring Harnes

My walmart still has it, its not made specifically for explorers. Just fords the list of vehicles it covers are on the back. Its in a clear rectangular package.
  9. T

Plug n Play Wiring Harnes

I got my adapter from walmart 20bucks Sorcshe makes it. It plugs into the factory then its all just taking the HU wiring harness and matching it up the colored wires.
  10. T

fog lights are smoked

Alright, my stock fog lights are cracked yellowed and all around just beat. I wanna get a replacement set(just a generic set from advance walmart harbor freight etc.) What I wanna know is, can I just cut the stock fog light wiring and spice into the new wires, the sets I see have to leads coming...
  11. T

Tail lamp assembly

Yea, junk yards I've got a set of the earlier on accident for my 98 low and behold they aren't as rounded so it left a nasty gap.
  12. T

Total Color Change-Interior and Exterior-Many Photos

600, for a full paint? Inside the motor compartment as well? I kinda wanna get my explorer done in black. Thanks for the tip on the dye for my leather as well, I may try that if I get time before the weather turns to crap.
  13. T

Idle problems

Maybe clean the MAF sensor. Spray the TB with cleaner, it'll flood the engine but it will start back. Both those helped with my idle issues.
  14. T

Want to amp my speakers

So neither of the speakers tweeter or rear doors are working? The amp is powering on? Make sure its not going into protect mode, I'm presuming you have the rear doors using the rear output on the HU and the SW out for the sub. Check and make sure, I've switched rear and SW on accident before and...
  15. T

Want to amp my speakers

Check grounds, do you have crossovers for the tweeters? How many preouts do you have on the HU, you'll need one for subs one for rear speakers and one for tweeters, are your front door speakers amped or no?
  16. T

Want to amp my speakers

Yea, I had to pull my front drivers seat to fix the recliner lever, one stripped torx screw and a drill and 3 hours later I finally got it out. It was terrible, I was kinda handicapped by the fact that my power wire runs down the trim pieces so I wanted to keep speaker wire away from it.
  17. T

Is This A Decent Upgrade To MACH System On 98 EB?

I have the pioneer speakers in the front doors on my ex, that with my pioneer HU, crunch amp and 2 12s it sounds nice. I just have to go get some more for my rear doors.
  18. T

Want to amp my speakers

I ended up undoing the wiring, that sony amp after sitting in a garage for over a year sounded like complete crap, worse than the amp built in my hu. Louder but it would fade in and out and with tons of intereference I'm thinkin I may need a better alternator or battery as well as better quality...
  19. T

Want to amp my speakers

Thanks, I've got my amp ready to be mounted, RCA's ran my ground wire in place I just need to run my power and remote. Back door speakers done, took about an hour per door since I'm **** about making everything clean. Another question, I have 10gauge wire laying around but nothing super...
  20. T

Want to amp my speakers

Hey guys I have a question for you, I've got my crunch amp powering my subs, but I have a Sony 4 channel amp that I'd like to use to power my door speakers, I've got my ground for the sony and a distribution block for my power. And I believe I should be able to jump a remote wire from my sub amp...
  21. T

jvc double din install

With my pioneer head unit no dvd player or anything I just bought a din cage and the plastic adapter you can get from advance and it just slides in where the stock head was. I don't think 97s and 98s are different. But I had to do no modifications the either bezel to get it to work.
  22. T

finally got rid of my walmart system

Went to my local car audio store looking for another single sub and box to add onto my system(pioneer 12in sub and sony 600w amp) Got talking to the guy who had a used dual ported box and 12in audiobahn subs(still looking to find the model of those) for $125 as we got talking I realized my amp...
  23. T

Do you wear a seatbelt?

I'll wear it most of the time, if I'm driving down the road to the gas station(a mile or so) I won't or if its at night and I don't think about it. I know its a bad habit and the girl I'm dating gets on me about it every time I run her home and don't have it on.
  24. T

3 or 4 way speakers

Its not the stock HU it has an older Pioneer HU. How do component speakers work as far as do I run the wires to the amp?
  25. T

removing a pioneer

Should just have to pull the DIN out, disconnect the wiring harness and antenna line. Just hope to god whoever put it in didn't cut and hack the stock wiring harness or else you'll wanna shoot yourself.
Back