Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Wires missing from Charcoal Canister

Joining tubes together That's interesting, don't know enough about the system, wonder if it will affect anything? Anybody know
  2. C

Thanks for replies Thanks for the replies Janolsson and Chris Q, that puts my mind at ease. Chris
  3. C

Hi all Today whilst doing some maintenance on the rear of the Ex I removed the mounting bracket for the charcoal filter. This is the one above the spare wheel. On taking the filter off there was no electrical harness connected to it. I searched all around the area but there is nothing there...
  4. C

Alloy Wheel Refurb

Hi Jarmo Would you be good enough to post the details of the company you find to do your wheels including the cost, i am also in Yorkshire and need mine doing too Cheers Chris
  5. C

New members to meet old dudes!

I'm new and I'm up for it. Chris - Yorkshire
  6. C

Upgrade to rear suspension for towing

Hi All I will be using the Ex for the first time to tow the caravan at the end of October so I am looking for advice regarding the rear suspension. At the moment it is standard Self Leveling and looks like the original springs and shocks. Also the springs dont look to have much "bow" on...
  7. C

Door Pillar Faded

Hi all I am posting this as this forum has been an absolute god send to me since I got my Ex so I hope this gives a bit back and is a help to others wondering what to do with their faded door pillars. When I got my Ex one of the first things I wanted to do was restore the front and rear...
  8. C

2nd post(rear door)Can U do this

Tailgate swop Hi All from the UK I just did this job two days ago, and as far as I am concerned it is an easy mod to do. So my Ex is a UK 1997 model with the offset number plate and the handle to open the glass and the hatch. I liked the newer tailgate so I asked on the UK Forum and was told...
  9. C

Tailgate central locking inop

I have just changed the tailgate on my 97 Ex (off set number plate) for a tailgate off a 98 Ex (central number plate). i have a problem with the central locking. It locks but wont unlock. On checking the wiring on the main loom connector there is a difference. The Old Block Connector has the...
  10. C

Tailgate Swop

Thanks all Great of you all to reply with advice. I took the advice and have changed the tailgate. Got one off Ebay for £33. When I went to collect it I bought both rear lights for a £5, the struts for £5 and the rear bumper for £20. Got home at 12 o'clock after picking it up and it was on...
  11. C

Tailgate Swop

Hi All I have searched for this info but I can't see any definitive answers to my questions so any help would be appreciated. I am going to/want to, swop my 1997 tailgate, off set number plate, with a 1998, central number plate. I presume that this is possible. The question is what...
  12. C

Another Newbie

Hello All, I posted this a couple of days ago but it ended up in the US of A forum...ooops So redoing and hope it gets into the UK forum My first post to say hello and explain how I got here. Hope I'm not writing too much and boring everyone, or being inappropriate As a Caravanner I need...
  13. C

another newbie

Hello All My first post to say hello and elplain how I got here. Hope I'm not writing too much and boring everyone, or being inappropriate As a Caravanner I need a big towcar (for you caravaners - twin axle Fleetwood Heritage) and have been towing with, dare I say this, Landrovers...
Back