Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Dash warning light

Thanks Fishwish 3. If it helps, the light is located on the rhs the oil and charge dials, 3rd up from the bottom. My Explorer was imported from Japan (as are most cars in NZ) so not sure if this is a some kind of Japanese option/variant thing. Thanks for the advice on brake pads.
  2. R

Dash warning light

Hi, I'm new to Explorers having just bought a 2004 XLT. I was driving home last night and noticed one of the warning lights illuminated on the dash. The symbols looks like the letter D with a diagonal line through it. I have looked in the manual but can't even find a reference to this symbol. I...
  3. R

Owner's manual & information on PATS are needed.

Your a star Celly. Thanks.
  4. R

Thanks a lot guys - heaps of useful stuff. I just got a call from the dealer to say that he's located the other set of keys AND a keyless factory entry remote so thats really good news. I presume that now I have two keys I can programme a third as described above (thanks Celly). I imagine that...
  5. R

Hi Thanks for the info. I don't quite follow your reference about needing two keys to programme the third. My key is just a key - it has no buttons or anything on it to programme anything. I literally have one ignition key and a fuel cap key.
  6. R

Thanks guys, that's fantastic. Just saved $200 at the stroke of a key! BTW, I note that my Explorer came from the dealer with one set of keys and no remote. I presume that there should be a remote to lock and activate the immobiliser. Are these available aftermarket?
  7. R

Hi there, Just bought a 2004 V6 XLT with only 37k on the clock so really happy with that. Got a bit of a whine on the rear end on acceleration but been reading about it and seems quite common. Deal will fix under warranty though. I am trying to obtain a copy of the owners handbook for the...
  8. R

Fuel types

Thanks very much for the info.
  9. R

Fuel types

Thanks very much guys , that's all useful stuff. Another query that I'd appreciate some advice on is the auto door locking mechanism. The two XLTs 2002 and 2003 that I've looked at have an auto door locking system that effectively seems to lock you in the car and requires a manual release by...
  10. R

Fuel types

Sorry if this is a bonehead question but I'm new here. Will the stock 4.0l V6 XLT take 91 octane petrol?
  11. R

Fuel figure please

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll check it out buy seems that around 15L/100km seems to be about the average.
  12. R

Fuel figure please

Hi, Can anyone give me VERY rough fuel figures for the V6 Explorer XLT. I realise that its down to driving habits but some guidance would be good. I assume that the V8 figures are lower. Thanks
  13. R

Some figures please

Thanks. That's all very interesting. Is there a great difference in the fuel consumption between the V8 and V6?
  14. R

Some figures please

So what would I be looking for on a run - open road at around 80/100km/h
  15. R

Some figures please

Hi, I'm new to the forum so please treat me with care! I am leaning towards buying my first Explorer (probably V8) but want some warts 'n' all fuel consumption figures from the experts to get a true idea of what I'm letting myself in for. I've run Land Rovers for years (including a V8). I...
Back