Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Ambient Lighting not working after updating to SYNC 3.4.23188

Something in the sync update must after my asbuilt data. I was ready somewhere, that you are suppose to turn off head lights during sync update. I guess I have to buy a obd 2. Do you know what ambient forscan suppose to be to make it working again?
  2. R

Ambient Lighting not working after updating to SYNC 3.4.23188

My ambient light stopped working in my 2018 explorer sport. I have tried disconnecting the battery negative cable for 15 mins...did not work I have pressed the next button and power and master resets multiple times...did not work Can anyone help me?
  3. R

Pandora never comes on sync

I perform a factory reset and Uninstalled and installed pandora is not showing
  4. R

Pre-Collision Assist not working

Yes Pre-Collision Assist is on, it just warns but doesn't apply braking. From the video tutorial Pre-Collision Assist and Active Braking are two selection options but for me I just have one option. It just warns but no braking applied.
  5. R

Here's the video tutorial of the feature no longer showing in my instrument cluster, https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DTVgSeHMSXEU&ved=2ahUKEwju_bO2gNr6AhX7EEQIHVNGBagQo7QBegQICRAF&usg=AOvVaw2dZLhKlzktPYqvVLCyDerY
  6. R

My active braking feature is not showing anymore.
  7. R

Precollision warning doesn't work

I was driving today at a 4 way stop, i didnt see a car coming. If it wasn't for other car honking, i would have hit him. The precollision warning system, didnt do jack.
  8. R

Exterior LED on both front and rear lamps wont turn off

This is the third it happened, I shut down my vehicle and the exterior LED lights for all four head lamps stay on. Last time I opened the door and closed, they turned off. I tried this again and nothing happened this time.
  9. R

Where can I find a Ford Explorer ST PHEV

I see that the Ford Explorer ST is PHEV in Europe, but the build option on Ford website is only for the Limited. Does anyone know if the ST PHEV is available in the US or when would it be? I see you can do custom orders on ford.com. I was thinking of going this route.
  10. R

Not using Paddle Shifter in Sports mode

I just want to make sure I understand correctly, while the vehicle is in sports mode, I do not need to use the paddle shifter. Sports mode can be used both in auto or paddle shifter mode?
  11. R

dash popping behind navigation screen

Where you first owner or 2nd owner? I bought an explorer as a 2nd owner, and the vehicle had a clean title. I took it to an auto body shop, and the car been in accident. The previous owner did a good job repairing the vehicle, but even a millimeter off can cause other parts not to fit quickly or...
  12. R

2016 Explore Limited mirrors issue

I think this happened to my 2018 explorer on passenger side those. I found it all the way up one day, and no longer goes left or right.
  13. R

Sunroof not opening, is this a fuse?

No water in overhead console, the shades open and I can hear the motor for the glass. Nothing happens when trying to open or tilt the glass except a ticking sound.
  14. R

I am no expert at electrical, I am going to disconnect the battery
  15. R

What do you think the issue could be?
  16. R

I thought it could have been related to each other, that was the reason for posting together. I was trying to see if this could be a fuse issue that covers both the sunroof and mirror.
  17. R

Not sure why my posted was edited to sunroof, but originally I posted about the sunroof and left passenger mirror not moving left or right. The shade does open up, the goes nothing at all. I hear the motor moving when i press the button. I do see that fuse 23 covers sunroof and mirror.
  18. R

Sunroof not opening.
  19. R

Ford Alexa not working sync 3.4

I have performed a factory reset, uninstalled and reinstalled ford alexa, and ford alexa still not showing up in apps. It worked before, and even iheart radio doesn't show. I couldnt find any articles how to fix this issue.
  20. R

2018 Passenger Mirror not moving left or right?

Yes I am able to move manually
  21. R

2018 Passenger Mirror not moving left or right?

My driver side mirror works perfectly. The passenger mirror stopped moving left or right, but moves up and down. This issue occurred after lending my car to my mom, and the mirror was pushed all the way up.
  22. R

Question about Corrosion Warranty

No, since this was a warranty work and hood was replaced. The letters have to be replaced under the warranty. The ford dealer ordered new letters, but my vehicle is being shipped, before they can install. The ford dealership on my Island wants to charge me for work, when this is a warranty job.
  23. R

Question about Corrosion Warranty

Originally I tried buying a 2021 Explorer from local ford dealer in Hawaii, but the sales people tried to screw me over with prices. Thinking I would pay 55k for an xlt explorer that cost 40k on the mainland. I took my business elsewhere. I bought a fully loaded 2018 Explorer Sport that had the...
  24. R

Working on a flip key project.

Basically a hu101 flip key doesn't work in the explorer 2011 to 2015. I purchase a h75 and cut just one side of the blade. I haven't tested the key as i still need to shave mills to fit flush between the groves. Then i need to add a grove in the mounting arming to secure to the key fob. Do you...
Back