Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

explorer bit the dust on the trail! advice appreciated

anime funny you mention that. i brought a bucket and a shovel for digging out of holes or mud or whatever but i ended up using them to try to shovel that atf stained dirt into the bucket. the transmission was pouring fluid from where the bellhousing seals to the rear of the engine. and it was...
  2. C

explorer bit the dust on the trail! advice appreciated

driving in the corall canyon ohv yesterday, first time there, not really sure what trail i was on, other than that it was extremely long. right at the end a rock hit the transmission front seal to the back of the engine and it started pouring out atf. being in the middle of a narrow trail...
  3. C

parking brake problem

from what i remember i just used the 2nd gen parking brake hook ups, the end sections, and the middle section. i had to cut the cable out of the double joiner in back and get a new one though, those joiners between cable are super hard to deal with. after that i had to adjust the parking brake...
  4. C

parking brake problem

sorry for the delay, work has been crazy. all of the rear connections are good, but when the parking brake is pressed, only a tiny bit of slack moves forward. i dont know what happened. is it possible that even thought the parking brake pedal has a full range of motion something broke and isnt...
  5. C

parking brake problem

hey ive got a 94 with the rear disc swap and today while parking my parking brake cable went all the way to the floor with no bite. expecting a broken cable i went to look and it just seemed like my cables had gone slack. everything was hooked up and connected, but all of a sudden there...
  6. C

another stumbling idle thread

so the issue ended up being a shorted out tps circuit on the pcm. fixed with a new pcm, had to set the idle on the new tps and its good and running smooth. sorry for the long wait
  7. C

just swapped in the new MAF but im getting the same code, 157, and it wont start and run. im going to check the fuel pressure next.
  8. C

replacedd the IAC and TPS with new sensors, now engine wont even start. no cel, but i checked the codes and i get a 111, followed by a 10, followed by a 157. so im thinking its the maf, as i have the original and a junkyard find. i guess they could both be bad. my autozone sells duralast...
  9. C

yea its the third maf, iac and tps all together. but they are all junkyard pickups. i cleaned them all before i put them in. my 02 sensors are about 18 months old, and helped me pass my smog a few months ago. the stumbling was a problem i had rarely enough to forget after each time it...
  10. C

my 94 explorer just started getting really bad with its idle and stumbling under throttle. i think ive replaced almost every component besides the injectors themselves and this problem continues to plague me. things replaced new: fuel purge canister, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump...
  11. C

broken tailgate latch, door shut

this is the third time within the past few months ive bought and replaced the rear hatch openeing assembly and had it break after a few turns. this time the tail gat is shut and the handle spins freely without engaging the lever to open the gate. how do i get at the mechanism with the door shut?
  12. C

possible to install a thermostat backwards?

ah ok. in that case i may have a phantom coolant siphon going on bc it seems no matter how many times i fill to the cold fill line, a few weeks later when i check again it always drops down to about an inch or two below and stays there steadily. even though my temp gauge tells me when im...
  13. C

possible to install a thermostat backwards?

So after running my top end rebuild for almost 5 miles, last night it occurred to me maybe the reason my temp gauge seems weird to me is because I may have installed the thermostat backwards. Yesterday I was looking in the engine bay after a day of driving and normal operating temps and I...
  14. C

How many people running A4LD

i think i might be the only one who is running an original and never rebuilt or removed a4ld on my ex since it was made. ive had a 4 inch lift for the past three years no problems. but then again im not thrashing it
  15. C

leaky rear differential vent tube

yes its coming out of the end of the tube... and it been doing that for two years and whenever i stick my finger in the new fill hole in the cover i still feel the level. i figured it would just reach an equilibrium eventually but i guess not. i used a 75 140 gear oil... even made a post on...
  16. C

leaky rear differential vent tube

I've got a 94 with a 97 rear end disc conversion and lsd. I also have a solid diff cover that claims it can hold an extra quart inside. Since the two years I've put it in, the vent tube continues to leak disgusting stinky diff fluid. It's a very slow rate.. maybe a couple drops a day. I tried...
  17. C

super squeaky leaf spring bushings

i removed my leaf springs, put in an add a leaf and had a shop press in new ford brand leaf spring eye bushings about 2 years ago. now my passenger side bushing in front of the axle never stops squeaking. the bolts are tight and theres no loose hardware, but ive tried everything to stop the...
  18. C

driver side aster window control panel

my drivers side window controls wont open the passengers rear window, but that window will work from its own control. where should i start testing the connection?
  19. C

Trying to get my heater working

just replaced the relay with one from a junkyard run i did awhile ago. now my heater works! ITS BEEN SO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. C

replaced door hinge bushings, door now sticks out

excellent to know. i just moved my striker and was able to get the door to sit flush with the other one. ill go stick that sleeve on there now.
  21. C

I took off The plastic sleeve bc i thought it was part of the packaging. Like a protector 9n a contact surface. Also the other strikers don't have the plastic sleeve. I figured it was going to get ripped to shreds anyways. It's really supposed to be kept on? Also sorry for my spelling, I hate...
  22. C

Interesting. Yea I took off the plastic sleeve. So u adjust by rotating the support c band on the striker
  23. C

It does. As far as i can tell my door is aligned right but how do I move the striker to adjust it? There's only one hole and it seemed like it would only thread one way. Do u adjust by bending the metal c shaped band ?
  24. C

Trying to get my heater working

Awhile ago my heater started working erratically. Eventually it just went out. I've replaced the heater core, heater hoses, blower motor and blower motor resistor but it still won't turn 9n. How can I troubleshoot fro here? On a side note, my ac compressor is deleted and there's a hole is the...
Back