Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Rear Brakes help

Thank you sir! Thats exactly what I needed.
  2. 0

Rear Brakes help

Thanks for the reply lol, but I couldn't find anything online. I went ahead and figured out how to take it all apart, but am clueless on how to put it back together. I bought everything I need (new pads, shoes and disks/rotors) except for 1 disk due to money. Looks like a trip to my local...
  3. 0

Rear Brakes help

Alright, its been a while since I've posted (guess thats a good thing right?) and well I now have a question. I've tried searching but haven't had any luck. I need a diagram or a thread with pictures on taking apart the entire rear brake assembly. Right now, I've got the caliber and the...
  4. 0

starter fuse prank?

Boy I haven't posted here in a while. A good one we always did to each other is to pull the fuel pump fuse. You can sit there and crank the car over all day and it will never start :D.
  5. 0

overheating leaking 2003 sporttrac

It could be a number of things. My brother's taurus did the same thing and it was a combination of several things. Radiator was clogged and nasty, there was several cracks in the spill over tank (the plastic tank next to your windshield washer fluid), thermostat housing was cracked. Anyways...
  6. 0

2001 running boards

Does anybody know if a 2003 year running boards will fit a 2001? I just pulled mine off of my 03 a month or so ago and I'm not sure what to do with them. They only have a small amount of rust from rock chips on the front edge.
  7. 0

Over sized tires, ball joints, and ABS

The factory ball joints are just as bad as the factory shocks. Both my lower ball joints went bad at 40k.
  8. 0

Slight vibration/humming noise over 75.

It could also just be the tires. Have them rotated and balanced and see if that helps. If it doesn't then I would start looking into what midnight said.
  9. 0

rear bumper cover?

Unfortunately you are going to have to replace the whole bumper if you want it fixed. They are pretty pricey too. Luckily I didn't have to pay for mine since I got rear ended a year ago. I wanna say they are around 300 to 400 bucks.
  10. 0

Cb gear

I seriously though about doing that a few years ago when I was in high school (all the 'cool' kids had 'em :D) And I figured the only effective places to put the whips where either on the factory hard tonnoeu cover, and just not use the one side, or get some short whips and attach them to the...
  11. 0

2003 sport trac brake job

Whoever invented that stuff has cured many headaches for the "weekend warrior" mechanic :chug:
  12. 0

Lifting?

Hey thanks a bunch JohnnyO. Kinda makes me feel stupid at how simple it is :p: I guess I will just do the torsion twist with shackles here sometime soon then save up the money for some wheels and tires. Thanks a lot for the replies guys, I really appreciate it! And here is a pic of my trac...
  13. 0

Lifting?

Okay so I guess I will do the torsion twist then. Now I am a mechanical person, I can pretty much fix it if its broken, BUT I've never done anything like this before. I do know about where the torsion bars are and to crank them up evenly then measure the distance between the top of the tire and...
  14. 0

Lifting?

Thank you guys! :thumbsup: I probably won't do anything soon because of funds, but I really appreciate the info. And as far as the torsion twist goes, I would totally do that but I have read a lot of stuff about how it wears down parts faster and gives it a rougher ride. I will look into...
  15. 0

Lifting?

So I've really been tossing around the idea of putting a small lift on the trac for a while now. I would love to just put something like a 2 inch lift and then throw some good lookin' set of wheels and tires. But being a poor college student working a low paying part time job doesn't help this...
  16. 0

Gas guage issues

Thanks, wasn't aware of that on the Tracs. I'm used to helping friends work on their full size trucks that keep breaking down :p:
  17. 0

Gas guage issues

Your sending unit is going bad. I haven't had it happen, but a good friend had it happen to his truck. Easy fix but a pain in the butt to get to. Got to either take off the bed or drop the fuel tank.
  18. 0

My 04 Sport Trac Prerunner

Very cool :thumbsup: Cant wait to drool over the final product :notworthy
  19. 0

front wheel bearing

Depends if yours if 4x4 or 2wd. If it is 4wd then, yes, you do have to change the whole hub. Its not very hard at all. And if it is 2wd then all you have to do is replace the bearing.
  20. 0

Removing Spare Tire

Step one: Get a hammer. Preferably a large one Step two: Smack the center of the tire repeatedly yelling curse words until it comes out.:hammer: Hope that helps :thumbsup::D
  21. 0

2004 Sport Trac - Hard To Start When Cold

Battery maybe..? Mine had a hard time starting last winter on those cold days where it sat all night. Replaced the battery this summer and I havent had a problem this winter
  22. 0

2005 Explorer Sport Trac (need help).

The GEM is basically the brains of the entire vehicle. And if it goes bad, it can do some weird stuff like what you are talking about. Take it to a dealer and have them run some tests on it. And its really something the DIY person can't do. I know in my moms windstar, the GEM is located under...
  23. 0

How many Miles?

Nah she just mis behaves sometimes :nono: haha
  24. 0

How many Miles?

Somewhere around 68,000. Only problems I've had were pre-mature failure of lower ball joints (40,000) and the most resent were both the front wheel bearings went out within a month of each other :roll: Other than that, I love her, she's my S.L.U.T. (sport light utility truck) :D
  25. 0

Rag Sucked into intake

http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites Might want to start there. I'm sorry but I had to do that :D But seriously though, that really sucks......I hope you figure it out because that sounds pretty nasty
Back