Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

July EF Lottery

Summer evening walks with the lady of the house.
  2. R

How many actually own an Explorer

I'm currently driving my 5th, a gently used '05.
  3. R

Let's see your tow hook installs

The hooks on my 3rd gen are from a F-150 or Expedition. Got them off Ebay with the hardware and bolted them right onto the frame rails, no cutting, drilling or welding needed.
  4. R

1A Auto's Forum Friends Deserve A Free T-Shirt

Mine came today. Thanks Tony.
  5. R

How many miles on your 3ND GEN EX?

138,390 2005 xlt 4.0
  6. R

Admin Question?

See post #2 .
  7. R

Mike65's 2000 Ranger XLT 4X4 Off Road.

Looks real good Mike. You're going to like those Coopers. I've had them on my shop truck since October. Best bang for the buck of any of the tires I've had on it.
  8. R

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

I like red too.... Still can't believe I sold both 2nd Gens within 36 hours. Temporary insanity?
  9. R

Every time this thread pops up I realize how bad my case of 2nd Gen withdrawals is. Damn I miss my '98, a 3rd Gen just ain't the same. Guess I had a 7 year itch I shouldn't of scratched. Had to post a pic to make myself feel better.
  10. R

Chop off part of stock bumper

It's a perfect fit. The XLT and Sport up to '00 are the same from the firewall forward. Btw the bumper on the red Sport is factory color.
  11. R

After looking at your rig, I think the Sport bumper in my previous post would look pretty good on it.
  12. R

This isn't the greatest picture but heres my '98 and '00 to compare. The '98's bumper is all metal except for the clip on rubber/plastic top. My '98 Sport with the steel bumper and lower valance.
  13. R

235/75R/15 to 31x10.5 - Where to have them installed!?

Have you tried Pep Boys. The one down the street from me will mount any tires I need done. I've even bought in used 31's for my '98 Sport. Got them mounted and balanced while I waited.
  14. R

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Sorry I took so long to get back CALDWELL. The snow has had me working crazy hours the last 3 days. I recently upgraded the tires, the new ones in those pictures are 245/75 R16 Kumho KL78 Road Venture AT. Good Luck with your new to you '05.
  15. R

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Just a couple recent pictures. I made a few changes since I bought it in November. Post#5694 has pictures from the day I bought it. I think it's looking a little better.
  16. R

Low gas milage

You get to the User Control Panel by clicking on the "Quick Links" at the top of this page.
  17. R

Looking for front tow hooks

The salvage yards around me aren't you pull-it and they act like you're bothering them when you're looking for something inexpensive. So they quote you a ridiculous price or just say they don't have any. The only you pull-it yards are about 35 miles away, so adding in gas and time, the money was...
  18. R

Looking for front tow hooks

I bought mine on Ebay for $30. Seller included the factory hardware. They were listed as fitting '98-'02 F-150 and Expedition. I used the included bolts and bought nuts and lock washers at Home Depot. There's a thread on here with pics for installing them.
  19. R

whirring noise above 15 mph after motor swap

The '98 SOHC V6 put out 205 hp @ 5000 rpm as opposed to 210 hp @ 5100 rpm for the '04 version. Your thinking of the OHV V6 that only put out 160 hp.
  20. R

Looks good Mike. If you need Warrior shackles let me know. I have a brand new in the box set I never used. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.
  21. R

Seen a Diamond in the Rough on Black Friday.

Thanks Mike. Funny you should mention that. This will be coming back to me soon. It's the '01 in my sig. I had inherited it when my younger brother passed in Spring 2012. Later that year I sold it to my sister's grandson. My brother bought it as a 1 owner North Carolina (rust free!!!) truck...
  22. R

Seen a Diamond in the Rough on Black Friday.

I seen this '05 on Black Friday a couple days after it had been traded in. Didn't look like much on the outside but real clean inside. I went home and ran a Carfax on it. Found out it was a 1 owner purchased new at a dealer a mile from my house. All maintenance and service done by Ford on time...
  23. R

Hi to all Explorer enthusiasts!

I'm not sure if your '03 is the same as my '05. My '05 has one 20a fuse in location 11 in the the lower dash fuse box. Only 1 fuse for both seats. Your switch or heating element may be bad in the drivers seat if the passenger side is still working.
  24. R

Painted my headlights today

If you use your factory rack you can run your wires tight against the rack or even inside it. Then drill a hole in the roof under where the rack base (feet, legs, whatever their called) mounts to the roof. Then they will pretty much be concealed, seal them up good with some silicone and it will...
  25. R

95 Limited EATC Issues and Air Suspension

1. Your engine is a 4.0 Cologne OHV V6. Manufactured in Germany, not a Mitsubishi. 2. You can convert to non air ride suspension by simply replacing your shock absorbers with conventional ones and removing all the air ride components. Just adding coil spring bolt-ons or new leaf springs will...
Back