Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

Went out on a quick run down to one our favorite spots. Winters in the desert are fun in a heated cab lol. The new tires work great.
  2. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

I looked on your thread and the Wildpeaks look good on your ex. You had the old school MTR’s. I remember those back in the day. One of the date codes on the ones I just replaced was from 2010. No wonder this thing drove so rough. I can’t believe what a set of new and properly balanced tires...
  3. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

Oh yeah, got a pic? Always liked the stance of you ex.
  4. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

So before Goodyear stopped making the MTR’s in 35x12.5r15, I believe they were the closest to a true 35” at 34.8”. The Yokohama Geolander MT G003 that I wanted are 34.6, but are on back order. The Falken Wildpeak MT’s are 34.49 with a tread depth of 21/32 which is almost the same as my old...
  5. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

Got the new tires on the old girl today. I didn’t realize how old and out of balance my tires were until I drove her to the local circle k with the fam to get snacks. Of course we had to take the back roads home. I want to thank big brand tires for the new shoes. They were super helpful and...
  6. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

The Navajo is a rare sight these days. I still see the 2 door first gen exploders every once in a while. I haven’t been to my local yard in a bit but if I see a Navajo I will DM you with what’s left of it. Lol 5 sets huh, might as well make it a few more lol. Take it easy.
  7. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

I thought it looked super cool but did not think about the overheating possibility. That is the one thing I have not had issues with is overheating. This truck always stays cool even in summer conditions. Now to figure out how to keep the trans cool 🤔. I still have the 700r4 kit so that may...
  8. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

You might be onto something with this. I did not think about double stacking the head lights. The lights I have now make a big difference but of course more lighting would be helpful. Thanks for the great idea.
  9. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

Lol, kind of resembles the EV, but powered by a 85hp 4.0 😝
  10. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

Next upgrade, now to figure out how to make it work 🤔.
  11. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

Going to get some new shoes on her tomorrow. The local tire shop said they would not put tires on her due to the year exploder it is 😝 . Headed to Phoenix tomorrow to get some Falken Wildpeak MT’s. Goodyear does not make the MTR’S in 35x12.5r15 any longer. I initially chose the Yokohama...
  12. DUDER 1

For Sale AA 700r4 to Ford 4.0 W/ Transmission

Evening, for sale is an Advanced Adapters conversion kit that adapts the 60* 700r4 to the Ford 4.0 OHV. The tail housing is also included. The transmission was supposedly rebuilt when I purchased it but I have no way to confirm that. A B&M shifter is also included. I purchased this...
  13. DUDER 1

Jack's SAS version 3.0

Updates? 🤷‍♂️👍
  14. DUDER 1

Wanted: Advance adapters ford 4.0l adapter kit to gm 700r4

I do, where are you located?
  15. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

I will look it up thanks. I believe there are a few members here in Arizona? Thank you for the information.
  16. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

The Prescott area.
  17. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

Updates, the truck sat for a while when she was in California. We moved back to Arizona and I decided to work on her again. I ditched the 60/14 bolt idea because I will most likely build a V8 Ex. I sold off the tons and focused on making the truck drivable. The steering was upgraded to a...
  18. DUDER 1

Truck Haven

We may be in, the truck is on her way to the shop today. She has been sitting for a long time.
  19. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

M Lol, we are moving back to Kern County near Kernville.
  20. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

Hey all, we are moving back to California and I will be sending the Exploder to the shop to get the suspension worked on. I decided to go the 60/14b route for axles. With that being said my current setup will be for sale. I wanted to see if there would be any interest in my 44/8.8 axles and...
  21. DUDER 1

Josh's 4 door 1st gen explorer crawler (SGT Ex)

What are the specs on your trailer and who makes it? Thank you sir.
  22. DUDER 1

DUDER 1's 94xlt SAS

This is how she sits as of today, getting ready to re-wire the doors for new speakers. The factory wires are toast I believe. FYI this rig will be for sale in Arizona hopefully this year. Cheers.
Back