Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

I usually go on the internet and do a search for Ford ESP plans. You get a couple regulars. I check there prices and print them. I then take them to my local dealer and tell them this is what I can get it for. They have matched it every time.
  2. S

Aftermarket Sport Exhaust Thread

I just had the Ford dealer put on the cat-back MagnaFlow exhaust system on my 2015 Sport. Sounds great both inside and outside of car. I also had the K&N cold air induction put on a while back. Love it!:)
  3. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

LMC13- The price does sound very good for a loaded 2014 Sport. I still have people complimenting me on the color combination. GOOD LUCK. Cloud9flyer- Yes I am checking into that now. After seeing some of the pics and checking on Ebay, the Black with Red looks really nice. :D I love my...
  4. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

Thank you Halwg, I will try it . Thank you everyone for your comments and advise. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
  5. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

Yes, you are right Peter. Even the body shop guy told me it would be on top the clear coat and would probably come off after a car wash or two. I tried the Red Sharpie and it looked like crap so a cover up will not work. Unless Ford has come up with some kind of new way to guarantee they...
  6. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

I still have a couple local guys telling me that I should try the colored wax for my car. I still can only find the stuff for black cars, nothing for red. I really do not know if I want to try it? Also since the defect is under the clear coat nothing will cover it up. If Ford could guarantee...
  7. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

Sorry I have not been on the forum, I caught what ever is going around and was down for a few days. Viral infection, so it had to run its course. Still very tired but feeling a little better. Talked with Sales Rep and body shop. I decided to have them put the info in my file and not do...
  8. S

Great Ford Dealerships

Mathews Ford, Oregon, Ohio (by Toledo) Mike Sager, sales rep. is a great guy. The dealership has always treated me good since they opened in the late 80's I believe. Their service department has always performed an excellent job. Pattie and Andy in service have always taken care of me. The...
  9. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

I tried the red sharpie but it did not work.:( It showed up worse because it was a different color red. It sounded good, thanks for the idea. Will go to body shop tomorrow for options.
  10. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

The SHARPIE idea is a good one. It is so simple it just may work? Thank you, I will give it a try.
  11. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

Peter I was hoping you would comment. First, YES I do need the front license plate holder. They will and do write tickets for not having one around here. I can put my plates on after I get my title (another week from now). COEXSPORT you did not comment on the defect? I don't think that the...
  12. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

I talked to my sales rep who advised me he would not mess with it if it was his car. His reason was that they probably could not match it up completely because nothing is as good as the factory paint job. He also added it was so small that no one will notice it unless you point it out. I...
  13. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

As you can see I added the mud guards, vent shades over the doors, roof rails, and a bug shield which I thinks looks good on the front. Really nice looking and I have gotten a lot of compliments on it from people. I also tinted the front side windows which I hope I do not get in trouble for. I...
  14. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

THANK YOU PETER, DID NOT NOTICE THAT UNTIL YOU MENTIONED IT. Well off to the dealer this morning.
  15. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

Yes the color combo is great. The service manager comes out every time I stop by and looks at it! The body shop: had two different comments 1. I would not touch it and leave it go because they can't match it 2. It is up to what you want since it is a factory defect. He then advised for me...
  16. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

Did find a couple will get better ones this weekend I hope.
  17. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

I have not been able to take pics yet because we have NOT had a nice day since I got it Wednesday. I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE IN HOW THE SPORT DRIVES VS XLT. the car is great, I love it. I do have a very:( problem. I see the sale rep tomorrow but I found a white spot above the read...
  18. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

Did somebody mention before that the drivers floor was a little different for 2015 as far as foot room? I purchased weather tech matts (winter ones) for my 2013 and if they also fit the 2015 I will keep them. Also I have the cargo matt for the back so if something spills it will catch it...
  19. S

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

I had the smell on my 2013 when I bought it new. they did repair it and I can only smell it now when I really step on it on. I SAID IT BACK THEN AND I SAY IT NOW IT SMELLS LIKE A CATALYTIC CONVERTOR. WHY? THE ONLY THING I CAN RELATE IT TO IS WHEN I WAS BEFORE I RETIRED I WOULD...
  20. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I am so happy I do not know what to do. I should have never went over there today because now I have to wait until Monday! COEXSPORT- I am sure yours will look just as good or better! AZ mom - I know its a great car and it will be better than my...
  21. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

It is IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Drove through the dealership late this afternoon looking for a possible car for my nephew. I noted a Ruby Red Sport in the last row or their lot. I thought no, mine is not due until the 23rd. I checked it out anyways. It had...
  22. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

Great to hear. Let us know how your first road trip goes!!!:thumbsup:
  23. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

14 more days!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D Anyone else had problems with leaks in their 2015????? Backman0001 do you have the moon roof/ sun roof in yours?????
  24. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

16 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D
  25. S

Opinion 2015 Sport

20 more days!!!!!!!
Back