Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

93 Brake Balance Problem

Sent the '93 (218,000 miles) in for a front wheel bearing repack. Same mechanic as usual. When it came back the brakes were not the same. Rears skid on heavy braking and then rear ABS kicks in. Fronts don't seem to be braking hard enough. On gravel, ABS kicks in on all 4 so the fronts ARE...
  2. 9

Vacuum disconnect problems anyone?

Still trying to diagnose girlfriend's '96 Control Trac problem. It will run in 4wd Auto sometimes for miles and then go out of 4wd with dash light blinking intermittently. I had the speed sensors checked. They were OK. I disconnected the battery for 3 hours. No fix. When the lights on the...
  3. 9

Resetting computer with ignition switch

You're right about the remote. There's a post somewhere in here that I read that claims that the 5 key turns resets the computer. So much for that. Thanks for the advice on resetting the remote. It was going to be difficult to explain to her how I "fixed" her Ex.
  4. 9

Resetting computer with ignition switch

So I've been trying to diagnose the flashing 4x4 lights on my girlfriend's '96... The question: is turning the ignition key on and off 5 times the same for resetting the computer as disconnecting the battery for awhile? When I did that the door locks all made a kerchunk noise at the same...
  5. 9

4wd works (fails) intermittently

I'll give both a try tonight and see if it helps. Thanks!
  6. 9

4wd works (fails) intermittently

My girlfriend's '96 XLT Control Trac (she should have never sold me the '93) will sometimes work perfectly in 4wd, other times it will work for a while, and then the dash light will start flashing. When the dash light is flashing, the rear wheels will spin on ice with no reaction from the front...
Back