Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

1985 Ranger 2.8 liter V6 coolent issue.

I have a 1985 Ford Ranger 2.8 liter carbed V6 engine. 2 wheel drive. It has all stock parts on it. It has the Motorcraft 2brl E57EBA carb on it. I just got the truck two days ago so i dont know much about it. Today while at the store i noticed that i had a radiator leak. I looked under the hood...
  2. P

1985 Ranger (2.8L) question.

Found out that it was the pcv valve and the breather were both clogged. I guess they were stuck open and started sucking in oil were it pooled up in the tray of the air cleaner. Then the carb must have back fired at some point in time which must have ignighted the oil and melted the plastic...
  3. P

1985 Ranger (2.8L) question.

Hey everyone. Im usually in the explorer section. I have a 92 Explorer 4x4 fuel injected. But i had came across a good deal picking up this here 85 Ranger longbed pickup for just $500 Had new tires, new radiator. So i thought what the heck right "cheap transportation" Well the guy that i...
  4. P

1982 Fleetwood Jamboree. 460/c6

82 motorhome I will try to post some pic's on here. Might take a little time as i have never posted pics before. And thank you so much for the reply. I wasnt sure how well the question of a motorhome would be recieved on an Explorer site.
  5. P

1982 Fleetwood Jamboree. 460/c6

Hey to all my fellow Explorers! Well i just purchased my first RV today and it has a few issues and i thought that just maybe some of the fellow Explorer brothers might have some insite or answers to my Newbie MotorHome questions?? Like i said this is the first motorhome that i have ever...
  6. P

92 4x4 explorer major gas smell, SOLVED.

Im sorry to here, and boy howdy can i freakin relate!! Backfrmcolorado, I can so relate to all your frustrations with your Xploder. I have been a member of several Ford Forums through the years " Ford Muscle" All Ford Forums" ect, and i have came to the conclusion that this Explorer/Ranger...
  7. P

Replaced the 3" piece of rubber hose that was connecting the metal vapor fuel lines that run to the Evaporation Canister and so far NO MORE GAS SMELL!! It just amazes me at how much of a fuel smell i was getting off of that little tiny section of corroded rubber hose who would of thought? At any...
  8. P

Some thing to think about. This only happens when i fill up the gas tank. The gas smell gets noticeably improved as the gas level goes down. Also i must have a pin-hole in my gas float because the gauge likes to wander around aimlesly and never shows me the correct amount in the tank. I decided...
  9. P

Ok, I'm completely stumped!

I would have the CAT CONVERTORS checked. Sounds like the front one may be clogged preventing the exhaust from flowing out freely under acceleration. I had a similar issue. If you replaced your fuel pressure regulator recently then you might have been dumping partialy burned fuel into your cat in...
  10. P

Ive nicknamed it "The polished Turd". This is due to the fact that literaly there is not a dent or scratch on it and the paint job looks as it did when it was new. Obviously it was garage kept and looks like a cream-puff. To bad its such a turd though. Its making me a broke man real quick.
  11. P

Oh yea i also replaced the cat convertors and oxy sensors, air filter, fuel filter, my 4x4 bearing are needing to be re-packed and the guy who owned it before me did a ranshackle brake job the front and broke off the safety clips so one of my rotors is toast from the pad rubbing on it...
  12. P

Hi everyone. Thanks for looking, and here is my question. Over the past week i have been noticeing an increasingly intense smell of raw fuel which has now become unbearable while driving. This is my only transportation at the moment and i use it daily. 151, 000 miles 1992 Explorer 4x4 4.0...
  13. P

Need to know if this is normal?

Doonze, I initialy thought that the code could mean 33 as well, or EGR, but come to find out 1992 4.0 didnt come with EGR. Also 73 on KOER means User Error, not mashing gas pedal down far enough on wide open throttle test at end of KOER. But its weird cause i did the test like five or six times...
  14. P

KOER, and KOEO test

hmmm, did the KOER test. All that it keeps saying is code 73, which from my understanding means "User Error", somthing to do with the full-on throttle phase not initiating correctly at the final part of the test? Ive done the test 5 times, and each time i push the gas pedal all the way down...
  15. P

Koer test hmmm, did the KOER test. All that it keeps saying is code 73, which from my understanding means "User Error", somthing to do with the full-on throttle phase not initiating correctly at the final part of the test? Ive done the test 5 times, and each time i push the gas pedal all the...
  16. P

How To: Pull Trouble Codes on a 1st Gen Explorer (paperclip method)

THANKS YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS! BIG TIME HELP FOR VISUAL FOLKS LIKE ME. I did the test with key on engine off, and here is what it pulled: I will use the number1 to signify a beep of the check engine light: 1-slight pause-111-slight pause-111-longest pause-1-six second pause-111-slight...
  17. P

Thanks so much Doonze. This is a big help to alot of people. Here is what is happening when i do the test, key on engine off. I get a slight half second bleep of the check engine light, then a pause, then three bleeps, then slight pause, then three more bleeps and a LONG pause, then a single...
  18. P

Wow doonze.. What a wonderful difference those pics make!!!! I understand everything now. Thanks a million. Awsome awsome awsome!
  19. P

UPDATE: Well i did some research on the net for local mechanics. Ive been looking at various sites that people can actualy post there personal experiences with Local mechanics. "I also posted my own personal bad experience with that mechanic that wasted my time", Not to mention i found out that...
  20. P

Update: I went and got it back from the mechanic shop. They litteraly did nothing. It sat under there tree in the parkinglot and got tons of tree sap all over the paint, well and alot of bird poo. Must have just sat there all week... The guy did absolutly nothing. He didnt even apologize, no...
  21. P

I finaly got tired of trying to figure out my explorers issue, (please read other post), and i took it into a local mechanic. I just moved here so i have no idea which mechanic is a good one. Its been in this mechanic shop now since Monday. Its now Thursday and i figured since i hadnt heard a...
  22. P

cat convertor clogged? 92 explorer 4x4

Doonze your an -Oak-, man thank you. You've been an awsome source, providing me with a wealth of info. Thanks, jason
  23. P

Doonze- Is it really that simple? Wow, and I mean WOW! That diognostic test sounds way more easy when you word it that way verses that link i pressed on the other day. I just have two questions about the "test". 1) "Two slots", and 2) "test harness"? What two slots? What are you trying to...
  24. P

As far as the paper clip thing goes, there were other things needed in that thread besides a "paper clip" which was just used as a "jumper" as far as i know. Im sorry but what i meant to say was, the "other" diognostic tools that would have to accompany that "paperclip jumper". I dont have...
Back