Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Passenger seat vibration/wobble

Mines will only do it when there isn't anyone sitting in the seat
  2. I

The sulphur smell cannot be fixed, see invoice

I believe the two "smells", exhaust and sulfur, are the same issue, just worded differently. The matter of the fact is that it's entering the cabin in some way and it shouldn't be. This is my first vehicle which has had this problem but its definitely not the first vehicle which was catalytic...
  3. I

The sulphur smell cannot be fixed, see invoice

I have a new '17 Sport with 415 miles and it had the bad sulfur smell issue when merging today on the freeway. The AC was on and in the recirculation position. It is repeatable under hard acceleration. EDIT: I followed members here and filled a complaint with the NHTSA, #10924538
  4. I

Air Intake - From Where?

Air induction modifications or "ram air" 20161101_181423[1] by ibuytoys posted November 1, 2016 at 6:34 PM So I was looking at the air intake tract on my new '17 Sport. The intake for the airbox is blocked off in a dead space area behind the grille and is also blocked off from the lower...
  5. I

Sport EcoBoost 3.5L Tuning

Finally got my Tracey Lewis monster catch can installed on my new '17 Sport so I feel better about driving it now. Purchased the Ex a month ago and it still has only 180 miles. Looking forward to installing some Livernois tunes and parts in the near future after it gets broken in.
  6. I

Running an OCC (Oil Catch Can) on the 3.5L Ecoboost

Mr. Lewis just returned my call and answered my questions. I was wondering if leaving the OEM line alone and installing the CSS to the airbox would affect the flow on that sensor and trigger a CEL and apparently that does happen in 50% of the installations. Their solution was to remove the...
  7. I

CAC/Intercooler Removal & Cleaning

Mr. Lewis just returned my call and answered my questions. I was wondering if leaving the OEM line alone and installing the CSS to the airbox would affect the flow on that sensor and trigger a CEL and apparently that does happen in 50% of the installations. Their solution was to remove the...
  8. I

Thank you!! So pulling from only one turbo pipe is still sufficient? I will be installing the Monster OCC in the drivers side front fenderwell area. It's a bit tighter fit in that area on the '16 & '17 models due to the larger fog light housing.
  9. I

2016 Police Interceptor Utility 2nd row headrests

I was on the verge of getting a new PI but went the other way and got a new '17 Sport instead. Yes the Sport did cost more, but I was able to get a $1750 rebate and 0% financing which wasn't available on the PI.
  10. I

There seems to have been a couple of revisions in regards to the installation of the RX Performance type systems with the three hoses. My new '17 Sport has an EGR feedback sensor in the factory line from the front valve cover to the fresh air piping going to the front turbo. Normally during...
  11. I

MiWiAu, how did you tie in the factory line on the front valve cover with the EGR sensor into your OCC system?
  12. I

My brand new 17 Sport is parked until my Tracys Lewis monster OCC kit arrives. Im trying to keep the system as clean as possible before installing the system. It's a bit frustrating not being able to drive my new car but better off in the long run I think.
  13. I

My thoughts are that the mounting location of the OCC is extremely important as well. The location should be in a cooler area of the vehicle if possible to maximize the condensing effect of the system. The OCC systems which mount in the engine compartment are subject to extremely high...
  14. I

After a bunch of research and getting a callback from the engineer Tracy who designed these systems, I ordered this system for my new '17 Sport. http://tracylewisperformance.com/product/tracy-lewis-monster-catch-can-kit/ I'm planning to install it in the driver's side inner fenderwell area as...
  15. I

Full-Black Ford Emblems on our Explorer!

Does anyone have pics of these new emblems in a matte black finish on a Sport?
  16. I

Roof Rack / Rail Removal

Just deleted the roof rack tonight on my new '17 Sport and love how it looks! Used the front trim pieces from the Interceptor and plugged the holes with black nylon plugs and RTV. If anyone is looking for like new roof rack system, gloss black in color, send me a PM.
  17. I

Passenger seat vibration/wobble

My new 2017 Sport has a squeak from the passenger seat over certain portions of the road. I haven't it taken it back to be addressed yet
  18. I

Adding fog lights to 2016+ Base Explorer?

Regarding the 2016 model year fog lamp installation. Is there another black trim ring piece that goes around the new fog lamp after removing the original black plastic filler piece?
  19. I

Modified 2016 Police Interceptor Utility

Wow, very nice!! Thanks for posting the pics!
  20. I

I'm having a hard time choosing a color for my new Interceptor order. There's Med Titanium, Silver Gray, Ingot Silver, And Sterling Gray. What color is the Interceptor in the original pics?
  21. I

Nice ride!! Which options did you spec to get the factory fog lights and does the PI model have the LED DRL's around the main headlights like the consumer versions?
  22. I

Ford Mod Center (TDM) at CAP

I wonder if the 2016 PI will get the new rectangular exhaust tips like the civilian models? The video showed them still with the round tips.
  23. I

2016 Police Interceptor Utility unveiling Feb 12

I cancelled my 2015 PI order and am anxiously awaiting the 2016 PI reveal.
  24. I

2015 Interceptor Utility is ordered

Update: I called the dealer and had him hold off on the special ordered 2015 PI Utility. I figured that since I waited this long already I might as well get the redesigned 2016 PI Utility once the order bank opens up for this model, which it hasn't yet.
  25. I

Ford Mod Center (TDM) at CAP

Thanks for the info on the Side Marker lights. By any chance do you know when the 2016 PI Utility will be available for order?
Back