Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Bolt on SAS kit

Sorry I have missed out on a lot of the questions, evidently I didn't sign up to get alerts for this thread. These parts have been for sale for quite a while. Many Rangers, B2s, and Explorers are rolling around with the SAS thanks to JD. It's not sold in a "kit" but you can buy everything...
  2. T

James Duff SAS full size Bronco?

That would be EXACTLY what happened. I always though ol Stacey kinda knew what he was talking about but after everything I seen/heard, only thing he knows is guitars. BTW, the Gearz studio is right outside of Nashville, TN. Again, you are correct. Good business sense for a company that is...
  3. T

Here's a pic from when it was @ the Duff shop
  4. T

The Ted Nugent Bronco was a complete one off setup. In case you missed it, it has ProRock 60s front and rear with 42" tires. The only thing you can buy from the Gearz episode is the radius arms along with a few small parts. The Bronco Driver magazine shoot (above) is an all bolt-on attempt at...
  5. T

While it isn't a "kit" per se, JD done the swap using off the shelf parts. Track bar bracket was made and a new trans crossmember is in the works. Calling in or emailing will get you all the info you need. Basically using all the stuff they used for the RBV SAS except for the coil buckets...
  6. T

Bolt on SAS kit

The coil buckets are part # 5261. The lower retainers are part # 5120. My track bar is a piece of 1.5" .120 wall dom with bungs welded in and 3/4" heims. Track bar mount is close to production. If you want one, call up and get on the list.
  7. T

Bolt on SAS kit

The only status change is that my Ex went back to JD and had the track bar mount pulled off. After checking it over, a jig was built off it so that a future production run could be made. I have no time frame on when the "kit" will come out. All I know is all the pieces are there except for the...
  8. T

Bolt on SAS kit

Couple of recent wheeling pix.
  9. T

Bolt on SAS kit

I have no idea when the kit may come out. Really the only things being tested are the track-bar bracket and the shock hoops. Everything else you can already buy from JD. With the extra width of the axle and the EB radius arm, the shocks had to be moved out about 3" at the top and also raised up...
  10. T

Bolt on SAS kit

The circled part is what is showing up as a "crack" when looked at from the side. The two "halves" of the mount overlap where welded. I guess I shoulda washed it before I took the pictures and maybe it wouldn't shown up that way.
  11. T

Bolt on SAS kit

No, it is not a crack. It's where the frame mount meets with the engine x-member mount. You can't see 3D in the picture and it shows up as a "crack". I'll put up a different pic to try to illustrate.
  12. T

New James Duff Ex lift

To answer your questions in order: If you are running this on TTB you won't want to use the Duff 5.5" EB coils unless you cut some off the lower coil. As is, they will give you between 8"-9" of lift. I am running them because I have now done a SAS and am running 37" tires. You will want to find...
  13. T

New James Duff Ex lift

After I read your post today I called and informed Bryan that he had told you wrong. Duff doesn't sell a 4" drop arm, they have the same 2" that everyone else has. SCS hasn't worked out a TRE version yet, reason being cost. Anthony is a one man show and to have to stock enough tie-rods to get a...
  14. T

Bolt on SAS kit

Took a few pics. of the track bar bracket today. Sorry for the mud.
  15. T

New James Duff Ex lift

They do sell the front only kit. Unfortunately, their website and catalogs don't get updated as often (never) as they should. I'm sure they could probably sell more parts if they did. Luckily I live very close to them so I stop by quite often to see what's going on. They have their hands...
  16. T

New James Duff Ex lift

They moved to Knoxville, TN. 12 miles away from my house. Their policy is still in place. They do not believe in selling pieces. However instead of "jumping through hoops", all you have to do is tell them your name and address and they can look it up on the computer and tell you every part...
  17. T

New James Duff Ex lift

As far as I know they will go on sale as soon as they get back from powder. You have to specify that you want the buckets that take either the RBV coils or EB coils or you will end up with the old style buckets. I'm guessing the new buckets will be around $230 or so. I haven't heard a final word...
  18. T

New James Duff Ex lift

Sure. The Duff springs are progressive rate so they get stiffer than that. Put the shock mounts wherever they will work and not hit or bind. Just be sure to leave about 4 or 5 inches of uptravel and make sure you don't bottom the shock out.
  19. T

Coil spring rate question.

Thanks, but actually he bought the lower retainers that I used on my Explorer. They were made by me. JD does not offer them. And I'm still sticking by my idea to buy the 5.5"s and cut a coil or two from the bottom to get your ride height.
  20. T

Bolt on SAS kit

I have a traditional hi-steer setup now made by StoneCrusher. My old TTB steering got sold when I went for the SAS. Contact StoneCrusher directly @ stonecrushersteering.com Anthony builds quality BEEF!
  21. T

New James Duff Ex lift

Actually the buckets you recieved are the old style. The ones that I have are the prototype new style that just went into production. The first run still hasn't gotten back from powdercoating yet. Can't fit an EB coil in the buckets you have. The dual shocks are meant to control the recoil...
  22. T

Bolt on SAS kit

The coil buckets are built with a 3/4" offset in them. We moved the HD lower coil retainers in 3/4" so that's 1 1/2" per side. With 1 1/2" of offset in the 19" of coil you can hardly tell it at all. We had them moved more to begin with but didn't like the way things lined up. That's why we...
  23. T

Bolt on SAS kit

I don't have any pics of the track bar bracket yet. It is very beefy as that has been a problem with SASs. It mounts in 2 places under the frame rail and 3 places on the engine x-member. It locates the TB directly under the frame rail. The lower retainers are their HD coil retainers that we...
  24. T

Bolt on SAS kit

That's mostly what I got so far. Since getting it home I've went on vacation, replaced the entire cooling system, reworked the brakes, and now I'm dealing with the starting system. As soon as I can get it rolling again I'll be on the mountain and will return with more pics!
  25. T

Bolt on SAS kit

Got a couple of flex pics. today. Windrock bound!
Back