Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

where is the Idle Air Control Valve on 2004 explorer

No IAC on 04 4.0l I just went thru this... took explorer to dealer, shop foreman owes me a coffee as he bet me there was an IAC .... went out to truck and with the new drive by wire system the IAC has been eliminated... They updated my pcm, I had just installed new plugs, air filter, cleaned...
  2. B

My Explorer has a low idle & stalls.

I would tend to believe that the plugs had never been changed as the electrodes were worn down... I did not check the gap but I'm positive that it had increased a fair amount. The truck does seem to run much better now with the idle rpm up approx. 100 rpm (as per on dash tach). I don't notice...
  3. B

problem solved??? Just want to close this thread as I replaced and gapped new spark plugs, installed new air filter, cleaned MAF, and REPLACED THE FUEL FILTER!!! Man the fuel filter was dirty... if you have not done this I Highly recommend it. (thanks for the info on how to do it) I took the...
  4. B

So, I will keep you informed as to what is going on as this problem seems to be quite common. I have talked to the local dealer and I'm going to go in on Monday to at least check any codes and get the latest pcm flash. I asked about the IAC and he said that he lists one.... I for the life of me...
  5. B

mayby more info required To start ... 2004 4.0 l sohc 147000 km new to me- no service records. Ok I have searched almost all the threads here and ther seems to be an endless supply of knowledge out there. Some of it is confusing for me as this is my first attempt to get into the newer...
  6. B

Hey all, that first screen is a pain.... anyway I've just bought a 04 Explorer xlt with the 4.0 l and was hoping all was well... but it seems that I have just inherited the " low idle rpm with the stall " problem and I will have to search out this new website and hopefully find the problem...
Back