Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Radio / Clock display problem 1998 and up Explorers ( blank / fade / blanks / fades )

Danson....Does it look the same? Does it fit in the same slot? If it's already broke, you can't much hurt it.......
  2. C

Checking the Electronic Shift Control Module

Crazy Transfer case Posted twice, wouldn't let me delete...
  3. C

Checking the Electronic Shift Control Module

Crazy Transfer case Hey guys, I've been lurking around here for years. I have 2 explorers and they are for the most part great!...Craziest thing though. I contacted a guy on Sunday that had a nice bike he wanted to trade for a car or truck and I'm thinking , hey I got two. So I go clean out the...
  4. C

Winter Truck Nubie

Hello All! Been lurking and reading around this site for months. Found you in a google search. Got my 98 For a song and it's a Great! Truck. Hope everyone is having a Great Christmas and a Happy New Year!........Chris:exp:
  5. C

Explorer/Mountaineer Ford Repair Book Reference

98 Explorer XLT Pats fuse location My 98 XLT..used, sat up under the trees for a while and got some moisture. Lights were a hassle. Runs really well now, but has a particular problem. Just every once in a while, for no apparent reason, when tripping around town, you'll turn the key with the...
  6. C

Factory stereo wiring complete?

"If the changer wiring is there, it's inside the center console on the Ex" I don't have any information, I was guessing about the rear seat. I've never seen an explorer with the changer installed. I am looking for just this type of information. That's why I posted the question. It's how we...
  7. C

Factory stereo wiring complete?

Just "ANOTHER" stereo question. My 1998 XLT Explorer came stock with a combo unit, AM/FM/Cassette, CD, Premium stereo with out the base amp in the rear. I have the head unit from a 2002 Crown Vic Town car. Does any one know if the wiring for the 6 CD changer will be in the rear under the seat...
  8. C

Volume Knob Has Mind Of Its Own

Tipper; If you get you a new unit, can I pay the shipping on your HU to me to use for parts? Thanks Chris
  9. C

Radio / Clock display problem 1998 and up Explorers ( blank / fade / blanks / fades )

Bob; That's great! A work around for this is , if, your explorer has the rear seat controls on a day when the main circular potentiometer volume control is working turn it up all the way. Then just leave it and adjust your volume with the rocker switch on the rear seat control...
  10. C

Bob; I'm an electronic tech of 30 years. I'd be glad to repair your volum control for you for the price of the shipping to me and back. I'd recommend you remove the radio from the car. Then, on a flat surface remove the small flat, black Philips head screw on either side of the face of the...
  11. C

Just pulled off the steal of the century -- 98 mountaineer

Hey! Didn't mean to call you a girl, Also didn't know you were advertising an auto parts web site. In my neck of the woods "Erica" is a girls name. My mistake, We still haven't seen the 5 liter.......
  12. C

No, No, Shadowless, Your Mountaineer looks awesome, everything there and clean too!, Mine was filthy, it's taken a month to clean it up, I'll post some new picks this week. I wont to see "ericaautopart"'s 5 liter AWD! I think she's fibbin....
  13. C

Deal of the Century Well you guys are gonna hate me! Just bought this Beauty, Runs like a top, $300.00 bucks. Clean and sweet, full power seats , over head cam, Great paint! All original XLT wheels. Needs a new windshield. Ex owner, (my across the way neighbor told me it had a bad...
  14. C

Seats what years will fit my 97 explorer

Seats I have a chance to get a pair of Leather seats with a heater in them and full power. Out of a 1998 Explorer limited. My XL is a 1998 with fully adjustable seats with lumbar supports and all electrics. My questions is : #1. Will the leather Limited Seats have lumbar support? #2. Will the...
Back