Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Cloudy Headlamps

My headlamp has returned to its clouded state. The toothpaste method did not last long. LOL
  2. N

2002 Explorer 4.0 V6 Rear Defog Relay

Can anyone tell me relay number for the rear defogger? I can't remember if it's a 30 or 40.
  3. N

Cloudy Headlamps

I watched these videos on youtube where they used toothpaste to clean dirty yellow headlamps. At first, I did not believe it so I went outside and applied Colgate toothpaste on my 2002 Explorer headlamps that were clouded, buffed it with a paper towel and once I rinsed it with water, the lamps...
  4. N

2002 XLS fuel filter

Thanks for the reply
  5. N

2002 XLS fuel filter

I need to replace my fuel filter on my 02 explorer xls 4.0. Does anyone know if I need a 2 prong fuel filter or a three prong? I haven't gone under my vehicle yet to check. I went online and saw 2 different types. Thanks for you help.
  6. N

03 4.0 V6 rattle help

I did everything, changing tensioner, bought standard serp belts, idle pulley, went to Ford and they told me it was the alternator. I know it was not the timing chain because this was my second engine and I had the noise on the original. I took the old belt off and the noise stopped so I knew it...
  7. N

Cooler Line Disconnect Tool

Tried several tools and all would not fit so I ended up going to a local shop to have them removed. Thanks for the replies.
  8. N

03 4.0 V6 rattle help

I had same problem did everything nothing helped so I bought the expensive Goodyear Gatorback serp belt and now the noise is gone.
  9. N

I used the scissors and just about everything except the OTC6593 which I cannot find in stores and it's only online.
  10. N

2002 Ford Explorer 4.0 I need help finding the correct trans cooler disconnect tool. I've tried different ones and none fit. My lines run from the cooler to the transmission.
  11. N

Explorer radiator Question

Thanks for the replies and advice.
  12. N

I was thinking the same. Maybe I'll shop around for a radiator shop that will patch up small holes.
  13. N

Class action lawsuit for cracked tailgate filed. 02-05

My explorer is 10 years old and my liftgate is not cracked. Yes, I do open the hatch everyday.
  14. N

I am in need of a radiator for my 02 explorer 4.0. I saw couple rad on ebay for 69.00 new. Made in china but they say to oem specs. My quest is do you think they're reliable. I have a small leak at the bottom of my original rad 150.000 miles.
  15. N

Chirping noise gone-for now

I'm sorry, I meant 'you don't have to take the FAN off'.
  16. N

No, you don't have to take the fan belt off. I took a 3/8 socket wrench to my tensioner pulley yanked it to make the belt loose and just slide the belt off around the fan. Do the same to put it on. Anyone, it i said anything wrong let me know but that's how i do it.
  17. N

Yeah, it must be on back order because i couldn't find it except on ebay but an auto store opened in my area and they had it in stock. I paid 33. for it.
  18. N

I couldn't find where this rattling or chirping noise was coming from on my 2002 explorer xls 2wd. After changing my serp belt twice(standard belt), I went and bought the Goodyear Gatorback belt and guess what, no noise. It's been a month and the truck is still quiet. Anyone else tried this? I...
  19. N

2002 explorer chirping noise

Art, did you buy a more expensive type serpentine belt?
  20. N

2002 explorer chirping noise

I read alot of threads about 1998-2001 explorers with chirping noises. How about 2002-2005 explorers? I have a 2002 explorer and I thought the noise was coming from the alternator but it wasn't. Does anyone have a clue? It is driving me bonkers.
  21. N

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

Big Rondo, I replaced my blend actuator today using a Dorman 604-209 part. Thanks for you help it really helped. One thing, I got so frustated trying to reach those small screws on the actuator that I tore half of that foam piece (that you trimmed in your pictures) off with my hand. It looked...
  22. N

2002 explorer O/D light

While driving to work this morning, my O/D 'off' light was flashing. I hit the switch to turn it back on but it did not work. After turning off the truck, the warning light went away for the rest of the day. Does anyone know what this means? Transmission going out? Someone told me it might be...
  23. N

Blown Engine 2003 Ford Explorer, Vehicle Starts and Drives; What is / going to happen

I forgot to add that i had no warning before the timing chain broke.
  24. N

Blown Engine 2003 Ford Explorer, Vehicle Starts and Drives; What is / going to happen

I had the same problem couple yrs ago. While driving to work, i noticed my temp guages went to 'hot' then i noticed smoke coming from the back of the hood near the wipers. Fortunately i was close to my job, pulled over and noticed oil dripping underneath the truck. I opened the hood looked...
  25. N

Blend Door Actuator

Thanks! appreciate your help
Back