Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

ABS light after all four hubs replaced

I had the codes ran and it came back as front left sensor. I pulled the sensor and replaced it with a new one. ABS LIGHT IS STILL ON. Now what?
  2. M

I did unplug the negative to reset the computer. I left it unplugged for about 20 minutes. It cleared for a few minutes but came on again. The mechanic that installed the hubs is very good but does not have a way to run the codes for me so I have to take it elsewhere and pay $40 to find out...
  3. M

I have a 2003 Explorer XLT 4.6 AWD. I recently had all four hubs replaced due to wheel bearing problems. Everything seemed fine for a few days then the ABS light started coming on. I have not ran the codes yet but will do so soon. I just wanted to see if I could get some input before spending...
  4. M

Finally got rid of my 2005 EX.......

Why do you think the parts cost more? Because you have fix them less often. The price of the parts is not the worst thing about these problems. It is the time and aggravation of constant problems. It is a well know fact that japanese imports are built to better standards than their american...
  5. M

I do feel sorry for you and hope things work out. I do want to inform you of my situation. I own a small business that I spent years working very hard to build so it can support my family and now because of the failing economy I have lost over half of my business income due to factories that...
  6. M

You should not be so quick to blame the consumers for not buying from "the big 3". In fact what makes this country so great is that if a company makes an inferior product like "the big 3" did for years then you don't have to buy it and in turn that company gets what it deserves and that is...
  7. M

I saw a Wal-Mart...

I also noticed them at the super walmart near my house. They look really good but for that price I could get BF G all terrains which in my opinion is the best tire made. I have alot of friends who have run those tires and loved them for their durability and that they last longer than anything...
  8. M

That was not my point. I realize that essentially no auto makers give that warranty. I am simply stating that if any of them stood behind their products they would give a better and longer warranty than they currently do. I am also not naive I know mechanical things wear out but seals going bad...
  9. M

I have driven a Ford lately. I just got done driving my 2003 Explorer to the dealer to pick up another seal for the rear differential. I still love my explorer but I can be man enough to admit that had I bought a japanese import I would more than likely not be replacing seals at 98,000 miles...
  10. M

I think you guys are taking this a little too serious. So what if the guy did not like his Explorer. I think what sets us apart from other enthusiasts is that Explorers are far from perfect yet we are still loyal to them. Some people don't have the time, energy, or money to deal with Explorers...
  11. M

Which is better 4wd or awd?

Thanks That really did help and I also called a different for dealer and was informed that more than 35% can be put to the front if needed.
  12. M

Can anyone confirm if this is correct? I would love to know how my system really works and no one at any Ford dealership that I have called can tell me anything which is pretty bad considering these guys get paid to know how these vehicle work so they can sell them. Anyway if anyone knows please...
  13. M

Hey man I love my explorer but have also had some problems and can see why you are upset. I am keeping mine because I believe it is just like any other brand, they all have certain problems. Explorers just happen to have rear end and wheel bearing issues. I do think I would have had less...
  14. M

rear axle seal leak 2003 explorer

Could you give me some detailed instructions because I am mechanically inclined and would like to do this myself if possible. I have never worked on a rear differential and I am sure it is easier than it looks but I could use some direction. Also I did check with all the auto parts stores and...
  15. M

I am still wondering if the front is limited to 35% power or can it recieve more if needed like maybe 50% back 50% front?
  16. M

ford charged $39 and some change after tax
  17. M

I have already posted about this same problem. I am torn now between trying to do this my self or having my mechanic do it. It is leaking out of the rear differential where the cv axle goes into it on the drivers side. I already bought the new seal from Ford and have been told the labor for the...
  18. M

2003 Explorer rear differential leak.

thanks man that is exactly what my mechanic said. you got any pics of your explorer?
  19. M

2002 4.6L Fast Idle

I had this problem but I disconnected my battery and it went away and hasn't came back. Maybe its the throttle control sensor. Thats what my mechanic thought it was until he disconnected my battery.
  20. M

Thanks for replying. How long has yours been leaking? I have got the new seal but I am just worried about how difficult it will be. But I am not paying a mechanic hundreds of dollars because I talked with a ford technician and he told me it was simple and not worth having them do because I can...
  21. M

I am still seeking detailed instructions if any one can help I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much.
  22. M

the front wheels can never get any more than 35% power?
  23. M

thepotroast's Lifted 2003 Ex 4x4

baba booey Stern rules! baba booey! love the '03 x , i got one only its green.
  24. M

leaking front differential

I got the seal and it cost $39 at the ford dealer. I was told I needed to pull the wheel and hub and gently pry or tap out the cv axle from the rear differential. Is this correct?
  25. M

2003 Explorer V8 AWD

I added the pic and I haven't got the exaust yet I just told my mechanic to get me a low cost high flow muffler to go along with the throttle body spacer.
Back