Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Alright well a few months later now and my focus has been on doing well in school since I'm back there again....the effort is doing me well but it's really different being the 'old guy' in class. So, I've had some time and got the oil pan gasket re-done. Pulled the transmission just to chase...
  2. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Man I'm starting to feel like I just did a bad job with gaskets when I did the rebuild....my head gaskets and valve cover are replaced and no longer leaking. But now I am able to see that my oil pan gasket was leaking terribly when the oil got up to temp. Once I got the starter out it was pretty...
  3. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Not sure where the other pictures got to but heres the one I have. The bracket holds the turbo just far enough back for the belt and tensioner to clear the compressor housing. The way the y pipe was welded it would need to be cut and re-welded to move further. Still needs to be cleaned up and...
  4. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Soon. I gotta goto bed. Early appointment with the VA tomorrow.
  5. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Well I've got time so I started building a bracket to hold the turbo in place next to the alternator and away from the belt tenisioner. Clearance was less than a milimeter when the engine was revved and although I don't see rub marks on the belt or turbo I don't want to have a need to replace a...
  6. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Definately no cork. The rtv is applied at the seem of the lower intake and head. For the life of the vehicle it has never had torque spreaders on the covers. If I could find some that would fit it could potentially help the issue but looking at the cover it visibly isn't putting pressure on the...
  7. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Well I got it done but my passenger side valve cover is leaking. Gasket looks like its in there straight and I tried tightening the cover just a bit more. Still leaks. I'm guessing it's bent from previous jobs. Contemplating replacement since it's leaking pretty steadily while the engine is...
  8. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Finally got it out on the highway and out of my friends yard. Took it a few towns over over to where we'll be living. No tail pipe smoke after the first few miles. Noticed oil leaks and tightened up valve covers. Clear now the leaks are coming from head gaskets and also hear an intake leak...
  9. C

Truck Haven Fall 2017 - Memorial Run

@Rick, I appreciate you including me in. Regretfully I can't make it. I'm starting a new engineering degree up in Seattle in September since I recently left the Corps. Anyone is welcome to hit me up if you swing through the greater Puget Sound area!
  10. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Yeah, I only ran it for about 15 min or so checking for leaks and getting the coolant filled. Next time it runs will be to get it on the road and put it under load to get the rings seated.
  11. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Haven't taken it out driving yet. Just did the initial startup. Going check everything over tomorrow and if everything seems in order I'll take it for a drive.
  12. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Monday morning I picked my heads up from the machine shop. Today the truck fired up and ran great. Going to have to pull codes tomorrow and see what the cel is for and take it for a drive if everything checks out. Not a lot of documenting took place. Focus was on getting the project done and out...
  13. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Well things have been busy in my buddies garage. Once the engine was on the stand...which took me a solid couple of days to get it there. One day spent just monkeying with trying to disconnect the quick connect fittings for the A.C. AND Fuel lines......I went into project mode and got...
  14. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

So they were sealed off in the gasket with sealant but also had to pull sealant out if the jacket. Looked intentional though. I did get the felpro superduty ones and the ARP Studs.
  15. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Got a lot of wrench turning done. Won't hear my the machinist until next week. The engine is out and torn down. I'm working on the lifters tonight and already replaced the rocker arms with the new melling ones. I'll be digging into the bottom end tomorrow after I get the timing cover...
  16. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Thank you very much. He doesn't have the box yet as another shop is bringing the parts to him.
  17. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

@jd4242 hey, do you remember the spring rate that milling to a height of 1.6 gives you? My machinist is starting you work out a plan for the heads this afternoon.
  18. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Glad the info will be of help to you that was the whole reason started documenting. I'll be back in Wa within the month. Some things I'm changing besides the high performance engine build is my wastegate location. I need to make sure it's not contacting anything as the pipe got stress...
  19. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Star Wars joke. I'm out in Joshua Tree still.
  20. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Also splurged for a roof top tent (RTT) so I'll be welding the cross beams for that together while im at it. I cut some c-channel steel that will ride over the factory mounting rail as the mounting base and used 1/4" hex bolts and T-nuts to secure to the rails. 1 inch square tube will serve as...
  21. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Hey guys, I'll be leaving Tatooine soon and the truck will be going into my buddies garage 1st week of April and the new heads are going to the shop for the machine work. It's a good shop so their busy and expect a 2 week turn around. But ill have the engine pulled and bottom end done by the...
  22. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Been dealing with the holidays and a back injury so still looking like summer before the rebuild will happen. I've got an overhead chain hoist that my buddy and I are going to mount up in his shop. So now it's just a matter of time.
  23. C

NOVEMBER EF LOTTERY

I'm noticing a trend with us Marines and pictures of Ospreys... I suppose were all just laughing at Newton and gravity?
  24. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Probably not even that. Jerk probably just has it sitting in a junk pile out behind his meth trailer
  25. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Yeah I tried but the FedEx delivery manager system has been down. You could see the bike tracks in the sand all the way up to the door and back across the yard again
Back