Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

How To: Turbo a 4.0L; A basic synopsis.

Parts and Info for my Turbocharged 4.0 from my thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426937 This list is the basic parts (major items) I used to end up with a turbocharged 4.0 OHV. I hoped this could help consolidate information from the thread and from the research...
  2. C

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Well I got tired of the 4.0 ohv not having any power on the highway climbing the hills on the 62 and having no low end in 4x4 high offroad, especially now that I have a pickup with a 5.7 v8 in it.. I've been lurking for some time since I've been kinda busy with work but, I got my hands on a...
  3. C

My 5r55e to M5OD-R1HD swap

Alright I've Crunched my way through my 4th 5r55e on my 97 OHV so its time to upgrade. I cant stand the old girl just sitting in my garage but Im in flight school so time is hard to come by. Im in the process of gathering up parts at the moment but I already have: manual 1354 tc currently on...
  4. C

Sheared Internal Shift Link(fix gone wrong)

I was doing a repair on my 97 4x4 5r55e because the peg on the shift link sheared off. (?) Anyway, I replaced the internal shift link but to do so I had to remove the parking pall. It was in park at the time which I think may have been a mistake. We now have it back together but the gear...
  5. C

Issue Installing Superlift. Advice?

I got the lift kit and installed it but as my buddy and I were finishing up and going to mount the stock torsion bar cover plates onto the superlift drop brackets they don't fit. :thumbdwn: Anyone with the lift ran into this problem? Everything's functional we were able to test drive the...
  6. C

Add-a-leafs ordered!

Add a leafs should be here by mid next week and that will push me up to 3-4" lift in the rear end.:D I was hoping I could get a pointer in the right direction for what length shocks I'll need and where I can get them. Thanks All!
  7. C

5" RCD 4wd Lift discontinued

So I was searching and searching and it semed over the past two months RCD has discontinued the 5" lift for converting your torsion bars to coil overs for the 4x4. I e-mailed them to be sure... "Hello Eric, We did offer a 5” suspension system for the 98-02 Ford Ranger 4wd models at one...
  8. C

Rear bolt on tow hook

So, I went to the junk yard and got some F-150 hooks (25$ with hardware,) I wanted to install the hooks just in the rear end since I plan on upgrading to a winch bumper some time in the future. The holes in the frame that already exist are about 3 inches from the end and spaced about 4-4.5...
Back