Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Re-Did Rocker Panels

I cannot find any replacements for Sports, only 4-doors. If you know where I can find rocker panels/doglegs for a Sport, please let me know.
  2. T

Re-Did Rocker Panels

Anyone have any helpful hints or suggestions? I know it's a lot different on a sport due to the shape of the dogleg. What's the best way to cut out the rocker and make to get all of the rust?
  3. T

Re-Did Rocker Panels

Good job. I'm getting ready to try this on a 92 Sport. Any suggestions? How did you cut out the rocker panel? I'm new to body work but want to try and do it myself. Any help would be apprecaited. Thanks
  4. T

Front dana 35 solid axle?

How in the hell would you go about doing that? Not a bad idea I guess if you don't care about your D35. Where no shock mounts and where would the coil springs go??
  5. T

my semi show ex

Nice minus the fart cans
  6. T

Tilt trailer is $600 a good price?

$600 seems really low for something to haul a vehicle. Seems like something for a 4-wheeler to me.
  7. T

66 EB D44 axle length?

Thanks guys, I just found that out myself from WildHorses. I guess I'm getting some wrong info them.
  8. T

66 EB D44 axle length?

Edited, I guess you were referring to the 65. It's a 66, sorry.
  9. T

66 EB D44 axle length?

I'm looking into an 66 EB Dana 44 for a SAS but I'm not all that familiar with them. First off does anything know the length of it? I was thinking I saw somewhere that the EB 44s were about the same length as the 8.8. Also if there is anything I need to look for in one to make sure it's...
  10. T

headunit suggestions for 150 bucks

I've got a Sony I'm going to sell. I bought it new for $170 and I'm going to sell it for $120. I don't have the exact model but I know I've seen it at CircuitCity for $149. PM me if you're interested.
  11. T

Does anything have experience in powdercoating?

Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing. Just buying an old oven and keeping it in the garage. I think my buddy and I are going to both pitch in on this to make it cheaper and we woudl both use it. Thanks for the replies guys. Anyone else?
  12. T

Does anything have experience in powdercoating?

I'm looking into doing some powdercoating (maybe) in the future and I was jut curious if anyone has ever done any? HarbourFreight has a cheap powdercoating systems and I thought about giving it a try. One thing I had a question about was the oven. I know they make oven for powdercoating but I...
  13. T

Tellico: Nov 19th - 21st

Josh, I'll send you a gmail invitation. It's got 1GB of space.
  14. T

How to remove diff from TTB D35?

Thanks, I believe that will do me!
  15. T

TTT, anyone?
  16. T

I just purchased a locker for my D35 but I'm not quite sure how to remove the diff to install it. It looks like the diff has to come out from the rear but I'm not sure. Any help and/or tricks to doing it would be appreciated. Thanks Travis
  17. T

Fixing a leaky Windshield seal (pictures)

Nice job. I know this is off the subject but did you or do you have any rust on your rocker panels and/or dog legs? Since you hate rust. How did you repair them? I can't find 2 door dog legs anywhere.
  18. T

Clutch is not disengaging

Fixed it, it just needed some fluid and it's shifting as good as new. Thanks!!
  19. T

I'm thinking it's the fluid, I'll try to add some and see if that helps. I'll let you know if that helps. Thanks!
  20. T

Yes I've tried pumping it and it didn't help. I'm not 100% positive but I think I did. I'll ask my brother to see if we did or not. Are you thinking it might be the salve cylinder?
  21. T

I've got a 92 Sport 5 spd with a new clutch in it. I've had it in at most 8,000 miles and a little over a year I believe, maybe a year and a half. My truck sits a lot becaus it's not my DD. I just replaced the battery because it was dead the truck had been sititing for a few months. Now when...
  22. T

88 XJ dana 30

My brother has one off a 95 Jeep, works just fine. He had to replace the axle shafts after he broken one but other than that it's worked out fine. Here's a link of the write up: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67617&highlight=crl
  23. T

Need to get my truck into college trim

4 inches of lift will fit 33's fine. I don't have a problem with it. I'm not sure how much different the 2nd gens would be but mine is alright. I've ran 33x10.50 on 15x7 and 33x12.50 on 15x8s with out any rubbing except at full turn.
  24. T

bodyKits

You said it right. Welcome to 2004!!
  25. T

Xbox-power inverter problem

Is the power inverter aftermarket or did it come with the vehicle? If it is aftermarket make sure it has a fuse on because it might be getting to much power and then turning itself off.
Back