Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Explorer shakes at 60mph

After spending close to three thousand dollars on new front and rear drive shafts, rear pinion (twice), shocks, checking the ball joints, tire balance, brakes, etc. Having the dealer tell me time and time again there's nothing wrong, I got fed up. Wanna know how I fixed the problem? I traded...
  2. A

Explorer shakes at 60mph

They put a new driveshaft in my 98 Sport and it didn't help, the vibration is still there. I've been to a few other message boards and it seems Ford is "aware " of the mysterious vibration problem. Special Service message #16208 which states there is a vibration problem, and no fix is...
  3. A

Inner Tie Rods Loose? Newbe Question

I have a '98 Sport 4x4 and have been told the outer left tie rod is going bad. I only have 51,000 mile on it. It is unusual for tie rods to go bad this soon. I've hardly had it off-road and of all the vehicles I've owned I baby this one the most. Maybe that's what I get for babying it.
  4. A

Who's Been Told Bent Rims Are Causing YOur Vibration?

After reading through several of the 60+ mph vibration threads I've begun to notice a common theme. It seems several of you have been told one or more of your rims are bent. I have a '98 Sport and was told this week that my vribration was due to the front rims being bent on the inside...
  5. A

Vibration Information

Yes. New front drive shaft. Balanced the tires. New rear pinion seal. Now claims the front rims are bent on the inside.
  6. A

Vibration at 60+ MPH. Need advice.

I've been having the same problem with my '98 Sport. Put in a new front drive shaft , rotated and rebalanced the tires. Now the dealer says my two front rims, which were on the back are bent inside and that's what's causing the vibration. I'll be interested in seeing if the new rims fix your...
Back