Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Stic-o

Stic-o Class C RV. Say hello to Sunny🌞

We haven't done much boondocking, we are hooked up a lot of places we go with the fam. So $104 a piece batteries it is for now.
  2. Stic-o

Ugh... batteries. Had to replace all of the batteries in the RV. The truck one was still the original motorcraft. Put in a AGM from Walmart. For the coach itself, it had been converted to 6V golf cart batteries. Run in a series to make 12v, they are supposed to be better for boondocking...
  3. Stic-o

Stic-o's 2019 Ranger XLT FX4

Mission Complete! New/used transmission installed and working. No **** issues, nice and smooth. Just saved myself over $5k.
  4. Stic-o

It's like a onion. You have to pull back layers with everything stacked on top of each other.
  5. Stic-o

What a pain in the.... I will never complain about a Explorer transmission again. The Navajo, which has components, that never came in it, is way easier to do. New transmission will go in next weekend. When beautiful and 75*.
  6. Stic-o

So the plan is to get back after this Sunday. Saturday it's going to rain all day. 🙄 Regardless, I have been waiting for the rest of the parts. I pretty sure, I got the very last 10R80 filter in the country. Looks like Ford is changing the part number again, and the price went up 3x😳 I did...
  7. Stic-o

Noted.👌
  8. Stic-o

New Transmission is here.
  9. Stic-o

So....I bought a OBS Bronco. '92 Bronco XLT.

Just to get this understood, I'm not giving it away. I paid $11k for it and KBB is close to that, with out all the upgrades including new tires, suspension, 4.56 gears, shift kit, exhaust, red head steering box, headers. MSD ignition, and the Pioneer Android Auto/Car Play Stereo. It's hard...
  10. Stic-o

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

Look at Mickey's. We have them on a few trucks at work and everyone loves them. We put some on my dad's gladiator. They are pretty smooth and balanced good.
  11. Stic-o

They are using these down in Baja for pre running, because you can get 15"+ of travel with out winding, or much cost. Plus you get a V8, and plenty of room for anything else. We always talked about if we did the stock class at KOH, a Bronco like this would be the perfect truck.
  12. Stic-o

Unfortunately, can't hold on to it. It's still a 32 year old truck. There are some trim pieces here in there that need to be replaced, but nothing crazy. She could use a paint job, but looks good from 10ft away. The main part is she's solid. I would hesitate to drive it across the country right...
  13. Stic-o

Well with the Ranger down, the Bronco is going into DD service. Going to go broke in gas though 😮‍💨. She Thirsty! No worce then the Explorer though. I finally took it over for Smog today (only 6 months late) and she passed with flying colors. Runs very clean. Unfortunately having to replace...
  14. Stic-o

I'm pretty sure reprograming is not needed. Some of the Mustang guys have done the same swap on the 10R80'S with no issues. I will have to have the trans relearn, but I can reset that in the power programmer or forscan.
  15. Stic-o

Well it's been 5 years of owning this truck, and I just ordered it's next addition. A new transmission 😮‍💨 The 10R80's have a design flaw, the CDF drum, where a o ring rolls and blocks the oil passages. This results in shifting flared and even hard shifts from 2-3 and 7-8. The cold really...
  16. Stic-o

Truckhaven 2024 Run?

No bueno here. Explorer works but, I still have something broken or cracked in the front end from my last trip to Cougar Buttes. Haven't had time to hunt it down. Ranger is working on needing a new transmission sadly 😥 Navajo is collecting dust. Bronco is good, but going up for sale. Need...
  17. Stic-o

We have gone to Bryce many times over the years. It's the missus favorite as well. We wanted to see it with snow, but no snow until last week. ☹️
  18. Stic-o

The pictures outside of the waterfall ( which I found later I took the hard way and ended up taking the Ranger through stuff I normally wouldn't.) The scenic pictures that is are from a trail called Smith Mesa. I highly recommend this if in southern Utah. Any car could do the trail, but it's...
  19. Stic-o

Got to spend Christmas week at my dad's new place in Utah. Which allowed time to do some scenic trails outside of Zion.
  20. Stic-o

Something w/ rabbits. 72.5 pages of BS

@FROADER was still in contact with him from what I know. Maybe he can shed some light on the subject. 🤷
  21. Stic-o

Something w/ rabbits. 72.5 pages of BS

Unfortunately this is how a lot of these projectcts go. Reminds me I need to finish something 🙄
  22. Stic-o

Sneak Peek 😉
  23. Stic-o

Powerwise it could be improved on grades. It kinda sucks. Going up cajon pass, the pedal was literally on the floor. But I had the same issue with just the Ranger behind it going up Monarch Pass. She'll hold at about 40 mph though. The bigger issue is the rear sag, (2" even with the air bags...
  24. Stic-o

RV made it YouTube
  25. Stic-o

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

I highly recommend Starlink. I have it on the RV, and I can have high speed Internet anywhere now. Best of all I just turn off the service when I'm not using it. Doesn't cost me a dime. I can have it back up and running in less than 10 mins.
Back