Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

help it wont start

dead I am saying goodbye to my explorer it turned out to be a totally corroded starter motor. its mot is up at the end of the month and it is rotton underneath it is repairable i am told but it will cost more than its worth its a real shame i am so far away from you all because the engine is...
  2. T

help it wont start

i cant get under the motor cos the gap aint big enough cant see over the engine properly so i have admitted defeat. i have a nice man coming in the next few days to have a look. i will then post what was wrong and how he solved it. mot in six weeks crossed fingers. thankyou to everyone...
  3. T

help it wont start

ok ive just been out put it in neutral and the same lights all light up pre engine starting and then nothing i have a haynes so i will start on the list it gives and work through them tomorrow then i will have to involve a man, i have not got my own here hes away working. when i need him hes...
  4. T

help it wont start

yes got petrol definately. engine is just not turning over at all it is totally dead. battery from minibus is ok i think it probably will be look at the starter motor tomorrow. everything electrical is working just not switching the engine on. gonna hit it with a big hammer. my knowledge of...
  5. T

help it wont start

no clunk but i can hear a relay to my left in the passenger side dash. if it is the solonoid is it like the old days get the hammer out and bash it or is it replace offending article cheers
  6. T

help it wont start

yep its a 7.5 and it is 25 sadly its not blown. this has got to be something simple. grrrr
  7. T

help it wont start

had an idea today i have a ldv minibus for my sins. checked the bus started and run it for a while to extra charge the battery. changed it over for the ex one and still got the same result. so it has got to be the immobiliser? i have stood in every position around he car locking and unlocking...
  8. T

help it wont start

thankyou i ill get it tested\replaced tomorrow. it has to be the problem. cheers once again.
  9. T

help it wont start

the battery has 12.1 volts. female question i am afraid. is this enough. i have never replaced the battery since i got this wonderful machine. or have i got another problem?
  10. T

help it wont start

after an nice drive to john o groats. we came back and parked it on the drive. ive just got in it to go out and all the lights on the dash come on when i turn the key and all the usual noises\chimes start but no engine start up. after a faultless year of driving im worried is she dead...
  11. T

key fobs

sorry im not even blonde sorry howard i have now read the thread properly and i am now returning to my box corrected
  12. T

key fobs

remote simples....... buy a two button remote i got mine from ebay really cheap. i now have two sets of keys/remotes. surely a two button remote can replace a one button one.??? oh im sure someone on here will have the answer....these nice people know everything about the explorer.
  13. T

key fobs

key fbs i dont know if this is of any help but i needed a new key and i didnt want to pay main dealer so on one of my jaunts south i went to north weald market and there a man cut a key programmed it and did the key fob. so maybe you have a market near you. i paid 35pounds which i thought...
  14. T

merry christmas

merry christmas and a happy new year to everyone. may all your wishes come true.....its -15 here at the moment and everything is frozen ive never seen a border collie skate until today it was so funny but my explorer the little darling kept going straight no sliding just gripping all the way...
  15. T

New members to meet old dudes!

me too! i would like to meet you all as well i will have to see the bank to remortgage for the petrol though so if you dont mind an old bird poking her nose in count me in if you arrange something. anywhere north of the m25 is ok for me please dont meet in cornwall unless you want me to tell...
  16. T

front fog lights

thankyou cheers for that im going to inverness saturday so i will pick a pair up ta for that.
  17. T

front fog lights

front fog/extra driving lamps i was about to ask the same question i too couldnt find the switch i have however found the glass on one to be broken so does anyone have one i could buy or do i trawl the scrappys. cheers guys
  18. T

magnetic plug

thankyou i did not know that i saw them on ebay and thought what a good idea and thread and pitch is what the chap asked for oh if i get the wrong one i can get them to put the old one back in anyway thanks once again you learn something new everytime you look at this site cheers.
  19. T

magnetic plug

can someone please give me the thread size and pitchof the oil plug on the bit where you change your oil the man needs to know these two measurements before he can sell me one. thankyou
  20. T

my explorer

thankyou howard duellars are what i have now i will show him indoors later great prices considering it includes delivery thats till they find out where i live hehe
  21. T

my explorer

i am so happy with my lovely explorer having read i think all the posts now on this forum i can say at the moment it starts without any rattles i have not got any noises it purrs the one thing i would like to do is put some new tyres on it so which ones would you all recommend i will be...
  22. T

blonde moment

yes youve brought up some very valid points there, i am familiar with the american style of brakes as i once owned a dare i say it a vauxhall sintra which is a chevvy venture. im not capable of doing it myself but i have been exitedly reading all the info on this forum and i have gained a lot of...
  23. T

blonde moment

brakes ive been laughing so much and my husband has just rung me and i have had to admit what ive done. well he cant do anything about it because hes down at our other home in essex so into see the scottish version of the brake repair place im toying with the idea of saying i bought it like it...
  24. T

blonde moment

brakes do you know what the really funny thing is is that we have admitted to it on here and i bet there are a few on here reading this thread going yep i did that. im just used to a manual. actually thats no excuse either but then ive always left that one in first gear oh it just gets worse...
  25. T

blonde moment

brakes thankyou very much for the answer it confirms what i thought i will get the nice man at mcwhatsits round the corner to put me a new set on. wont be doing that again writing myself a sticky note for the steering wheel. ive only had it two days its getting a super dooper valet monday to...
Back