Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

Mileage should improve as the engine breaks in. That said, I have noticed a very large difference between mileage at 60 to that at 75/80 with our Sport. Curious as to your comment about the 2014 being narrower--it is a fair bit wider than the 2002 models (about 6" in fact).
  2. B

Ambient Lighting Problems

Of course this evening the settings selected remained when the lights came on...:scratch:
  3. B

Ambient Lighting Problems

Another in the camp of the lighting reverting back to the factory setting. At first it was occasional, but now pretty much every time. Also, wasn't having the issue before the software update. Annoying, but I don't have the time to go to the dealer for this issue (and need the family car), plus...
  4. B

Doesn't new explorers come with 2 keys, a manual and navigation SD card?

Huh, I could have sworn that there was a regular moonroof option when looking at the builds, but as I wanted the dual panel, didn't pay too much attention to it. Must be old age setting in.:confused:
  5. B

Explorer VS german cars

We have had a few Cayennes in the past as company cars, with the last two being Cayenne S's. Yes there is a difference between the cars in the fit and finish, materials, and driving dynamics, but there was also a $35k price difference between the cars. When taking everything into consideration...
  6. B

Doesn't new explorers come with 2 keys, a manual and navigation SD card?

Was going to say that you have the choice between regular or dual panel roof, but just checked the Ford site and that is not the case for 2014 (was for 2013). Reasoning is probably because the take rate on the regular moonroof was low, and it is more cost effective to just offer the dual panel...
  7. B

New Ford Explorer Sport: Fuel-Efficient, High-Performance SUV

We found that the Boxster and Cayman seats were quite comfortable for both myself and my wife, but we also just had the standard seats, not the sport seats (not sure which you had). I have to agree that the handling on the cars was great, and I especially miss the Cayman. That said, the Ex has...
  8. B

Explorer Common Upgrades/Accessories

Replace halogen bulbs with xenon. Oh, and congrats on your upcoming Sport! We have had our a little over a year, and I still have fun driving it.
  9. B

Is anyone satisfied with their sport?

Very happy with ours after a year of ownership. No problems of note. Ride is nice, and I really like the power on tap. As mentioned by others, would prefer a larger fuel tank, as 19 gal is a bit small for an SUV (especially comparing to the 26 gal in the Cayenne).
  10. B

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

Nice set of wheels and tires! IMO it sounds like a pretty decent price too (although that could be because I am used to $800 for new rear tires every two years...).
  11. B

MPG after Fuel Delivery Module Replacement.

We didn't have any difference in ours that I have noticed. Does MN switch to a winter blend like Chicago does? If so, that will impact your fuel economy somewhat negatively (but shouldn't be a difference of 5mpg!). What were your before and after numbers?
  12. B

Removing 3rd Row Seats & Installing Cross Brace

I would imagine that if you didn't like the brace/it didn't work for you, that you can sell it on your own and not have to worry about the 15% restocking fee. The other side of that argument is that if you decide against the brace after trying it, you are only out about $40--Benny's price seems...
  13. B

Intercooler cover on Sport?

Let's not go and start throwing logic into the mix now... That would be the sensible way to approach it. With the Flex and SHO already running the engine, it would be thought that this was already done.:dunno:
  14. B

Ordered/Bought 2014 Ford Explorer

Congrats on your upcoming new car! For the record, we haven't had any problems with ours in the year we have had it.
  15. B

Our 2013 White X-Sport - Pictures

How I despise needing to have a front plate... Went 4 years before getting a warning on it with my 911. With the Ex, the dealer already had it installed, otherwise may have run without it until told otherwise. Also, congrats on the new car! White is the fastest out of the factory too;)
  16. B

New 2014 Sport Owner - A Few Questions>>>

Another one of those small touches that looks very nice.
  17. B

'07 Ford Explorer 4.0-V6 Engine Swap with 3.5-V6

You are also having to adjust a transverse mounted motor and transmission to fit in a longitudinal set-up. Now if you were to look at the Ecoboost from the F150, that would be a much easier modification, as it will have a transmission that should be usable.
  18. B

2013 limited "demo" with 12000km on it

This would be an untitled car, still on MSO (Manufacturer Statement of Origin), which is why it would still be titled as "new", even with that mileage. 20% off will probably be a fairly low offer, but the worst thing they will say is "no", or come back with a counter offer. For reference, our...
  19. B

Anyone gone from a sporty car to an Explorer Sport?

Problem is the Ex tank is only 19 gal, so not that big (our old Mountaineer was 22, and the Cayenne 26--provided for a bit more travel distance).
  20. B

Anyone gone from a sporty car to an Explorer Sport?

When we bought our Ex Sport, the X5 was in the cross-shop list. I looked at a nice '11 4.8 X5 with the sport package and third row. Price-wise, it was about a draw between the two. We went with the Ex Sport because with 3 kids, the X5 was short on room (and third row was a joke), and the expense...
  21. B

High End Luxury SUV or '14 Ford Explorer Sport Loaded

IMO, the Ex compares favorably to high-end SUVs. If you were to put half of the price difference between the Cayenne and the Ex back into the Ex, you would have materials and fit-and-finish that would rival the best of them.
  22. B

Painting or Plastic Dip Door handles

What is the cost on those?
  23. B

Lease Question

What is the miles/year and lease term?
  24. B

Police interceptor rear ended at highway speeds

Thanks Sgt! As Qwik said, not there in the Sport. That makes sense about the tire. In my 911 the spare is part of the crash structure to the front of the car. While some want to remove it for weight savings in a DE, they are quickly told to put it back in.
  25. B

Police interceptor rear ended at highway speeds

How does that relate to the standard vehicles? How much additional reinforcements are added to the PI? For being rear-ended at highway speed, the compartment held up quite well.
Back