Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

low beam (headlights)

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. If you'd like to test to make sure its the multi-function switch, there are two wires you can jumper in the harness at the switch, and the low beams should then come on when you operate the headlight switch. I can't remember what they were off the top of...
  2. P

no low beams '98 EB 5.0

Jumpered the two red wires in the plug at the multifunction switch, and viola....headlights.
  3. P

Timing Cover - 1999 Explorer 5.0L AWD

The front two oil pan bolts actually bolt into the timing cover. These must be removed. Also, you're better of loosening/removing the next few bolts going around the pan just to give you some wiggle room.
  4. P

no low beams '98 EB 5.0

Info to add to the diagnosis: High beams working in "passing beam" mode, but not when you set the multifunction switch to steady on. Also, fog light button on dash does not illuminate nor do fog lights function. Am I looking at replacing the multifunction switch?
  5. P

no low beams '98 EB 5.0

alright I am trying to track down an intermittent no low beam problem on my '98 eddie bauer. I've done some searching on the board. I do have the message center, but there doesn't appear to be a LOM. The only wires under the message center run to the message center itself. a relay, or back...
  6. P

rockauto blend door question

I'm about to order parts to fix the A/c on my truck from rock auto. They only seem to have one blend door listed for a '98 explorer, and the description says for manual A/C. its Dorman part 902202 Ford OE Part YL5Z 18471-FA. Will this work correctly with the auto A/C as well?
  7. P

Headlight relay location

Alright. I will look there.
  8. P

Headlight relay location

So you're saying I need to yank out the center console to get at it?
  9. P

Headlight relay location

It has autolamps, but there doesn't appear to be any relays in the fusebox on the side of the dash.
  10. P

Headlight relay location

Just got pulled over for no headlights. I can't imagine that BOTH lamps went out at the same time so where's the headlight relay? The stupid owners manaul lists it in slot 11 in the power distribution box..................except the part where there IS no slot 11.
  11. P

Fuel pump for 5.0 Explorer

sorry, I never saw this. I'm assuming by now that you've figured out what would you did should work just fine.
  12. P

new truck, need help cheatin' the parents

Huh!? Do you know what "straight piping" is? Before you do anything to your vehicle read around on the internet A LOT. You've been terribly misinformed.
  13. P

new truck, need help cheatin' the parents

Oh lord, your lack of knowledge has shot you in the foot. For one: the only thing that will make your truck louder is to remove some of the devices in the exhaust system that muffle it. The main one: mufflers. Performance mufflers don't muffle as well. Thats part of how they work. The...
  14. P

Plowing with an Explorer

All I can say is this: Ford doesn't even offer a snowplow kit for the F150. You have to get a F250 to option the plow kit. What does this tell me? That ford thinks the stress on the drivetrain is too much for a half ton truck.....................and the explorer's drivetrain isn't even THAT...
  15. P

what is the difference between a 2nd gen x and a 3rd gen x?

you're right, but the 2002+ sports are visually different than a 2001- 2dr or 4dr.
  16. P

what is the difference between a 2nd gen x and a 3rd gen x?

2nd gen '95-'01 they all look the same whether 2 or 4 door. Some had 5.0 v8s. 3rd gen. 02-?? they all look the same whether 2 or 4 door, completely different looking than a 2nd gen. the v8 was a 4.6.
  17. P

'97 going to the scrapper...any parts I should keep?

Save all the 4x4 parts that are left: front axle, half shafts and spindles. I'm sure there's plenty of guys that'd love to have that stuff for a 2wd to 4wd swap.
  18. P

does anyone know year changes in 5.0 motors

Depends on what you consider to be the motor. block, heads, cams, and intake are mostly the same. A few sensors (cam position sensor, egr) adn the fuel rails are different.
  19. P

P0174 still coming up after new intake gaskets!

Generally speaking, people have fuel filters to prevent that....
  20. P

can position sensor replacement

Great, thanks!
  21. P

All of that assumes you pulled the entire assembly out of the motor as opposed to just taking the sensor off of the top. Can I just R&R the sensor (without pulling the entire distributor stem out) without the tool?
  22. P

I've had a P0340 code for a while that I THINK is due to a weak battery. I'm set to replace the battery this weekend. If thats not the case, and I actually need to replace the sensor, do I need the alignment tool to simply replace the sensor, or is it only needed if you completely remove the...
  23. P

no farbrication will be needed as you won't be getting everything in that picture. You'll just be getting the pump itself, and will have to splice it in. Really not that hard.
  24. P

his explorer is a '98. Last I checked, returnless fuel systems didn't start on the explorer till '99. Therefore, his PCM has no control over fuel flow at all. That being said, a larger fuel pump won't effect your gas mileage at all. Your '98 has a return style fuel system. What this...
  25. P

Narrowing down on my Gen II

One of my favorites: If "you can just" why the F didn't you just go ahead and do it!?
Back