Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. NoBoundaries

Transmission Cooler question

I've been looking into installing a tranny cooler and I haven't been able to find a post addressing this specific issue. The consensus appears to be to get the largest cooler you can get/fit. I've seen the coolers for 15,000 GVW all the way up to 30,000 GVW. My concern is, with a cooler...
  2. NoBoundaries

Looks like a 2wd pickup... OME installed, torsion bar help...

It looks like a 2wd pickup! Alrighty, I slapped on (I wish it was that easy) my Old Man Emu springs and shocks over the weekend. I got some great lift out of the rear end, but the front is low. I twisted the torsion bars as far as they were willing to go and the only conclusion I could...
  3. NoBoundaries

Hatfields and McCoys

Well, I wasn't expecting to see anything like this there, but in the last issue of The Economist, there was an article on Matewan, WV. It essentially talked about how the town is looking towards OHV's and trails for economic development. My questions is, what are the trails like. I know Josh...
  4. NoBoundaries

MTX Thunderform vs. JL Audio Stealthbox/Vantage

Hey, I am looking to add a rear enclosure and I was curious what the feeling was with these units. In other words, is JL Audio worth the extra cost? If I went with JL, I'd go with the 10W3D4 woofer and 250/1 amp. As for MTX, the Thunder6000 that it comes with and an MTX amp to...
  5. NoBoundaries

*Price for OME Springs - Update*

Price for OME Springs Alrighty, I'm planning on making a purchase of Old Man Emu springs and the first place I checked was 4x4 Connection. I was quoted $235 each. Benefit with them is that I can pick them up and shipping will only cost me $25.00 Anyone else know of a better deal than...
  6. NoBoundaries

Return from Harrisonburg, VA

I figured I would set this thread up for everyone to post pics and what not. Just want to say that it was a great time had and the snow topped it off. For those who weren't there, we ended up with around 6 inches or so. It made things more interesting on the trail and definately added to...
  7. NoBoundaries

Eaton Posi install

I am looking to install an Eaton Limited Slip and I was wondering the difficulty involved. I tried a seach but I couldn't find much. Can anyone point me somewhere and give some info on what can be expected? I'd like to tackle this myself, but if time proves to be a concern I'll have to have...
  8. NoBoundaries

95+ IFS

I found a couple things that may be of interest to those modify their 95+ X's. I figured I would just throw this out to you all just to see your thoughts on it and whether or not it would/could work. Here it is: http://www.rockstomper.com/catalog/drivetrn/ifs9.htm...
  9. NoBoundaries

Need opinions on an amp

Hey everyone. Here's my situation. I have 4 Polk EX572a's (Dead Link Removed) with 100W max power and I believe 50W RMS. My question is, I would like to get an amp for some good sound and I was wondering what some of you thought of the Pioneer GM-X554 (Dead Link Removed) Good? Bad? Work...
  10. NoBoundaries

1995+ Wheel bearing maintenance

I am going to be putting on some new rotors soon and I figured that while I was at it that I would take care of my wheels bearings as well. According to my Haynes manual: "On 1995 and later 4WD models, the wheel bearings are sealed bearings, incorporated into the hub and bearing...
  11. NoBoundaries

4wd out, everything normal though?

Ok, I did a search and couldn't seem to find anything pertaining to my dilemma. So here's my problem.... I was out last night and found myself at the bottum of a very muddy hill, only to learn that my 4wd was out. Both the 4wd Auto and the 4wd Low. Needless to say I didn't get stuck, but...
  12. NoBoundaries

Feedback from 95+ owners with body lifts

Well, I've had the 265/75R16's on for a little while, and they are starting to look rather small. No offence to those with the 265/75R16's. I was wondering, with a 3 inch body lift, do you think it would be possible to fit Mickey Thompson Baja Belted 34x11.5R16's on? I'd want to get the most...
  13. NoBoundaries

New Edelbrock IAS Shocks

Edelbrock IAS Twin Tube Shocks Now, get the patented Inertia Active System (IAS) in a twin tube shock that retails for under $50. No other shock in this price range can offer the superior handling and comfortable ride of the new Edelbrock IAS Twin Tube shock. The unique Inertia Active Valve...
  14. NoBoundaries

Fiberglass Leaf Springs

You heard right, fiberglass! I wanted to see what everyone thought about this, it sounded pretty interesting, but I'd have reservations about riding on these. I can only imagine these things snapping as soon as you hit the trail. Thoughts? http://members.carol.net/spring/
  15. NoBoundaries

My 78' Pinto

Here's my baby, let me know what you all think....
  16. NoBoundaries

Kennesaw Mountain Accessories...

Some of you asked for information on what Kennesaw Mountain Accessories offers for the Explorer. Here is the info I have on their product accessories and pricing: The Multicarrier for a 1996 Explorer (I am positive they make the same product for other model years) is $400. This includes the...
  17. NoBoundaries

Got my Borla Today!!

We'll, I got my Borla exhaust from Ford Motorsport SVO today and put it on. I am very happy with the sound, not much louder, but noticable. Looks good, sounds good, and it's stainless! Not bad for $165! I'll get some pics of my truck soon!
  18. NoBoundaries

Here's a good mod!

Well, I am planning on replacing my factory seats with some aftermarket ones. I found a company that I really like and they have been very helpful. The seats are made by a company called Monaco They seem to have a very durable and well crafted product. I figured I’d give everyone a heads up...
  19. NoBoundaries

Putting on EXP Add-A-Leaf's, have a ?

I ordered a set of Explorer Pro Comp add-a-leaf's and I was curious about the installation. Will I need a compressor to get the bolts off? Does anyone have the instructions that they can mail to me? What is involved in doing it so I can be prepared before hand. Thanks for the help guys...
  20. NoBoundaries

Looking at shocks, only have one ?

Alrighty, I am now on my way to purchasing some shocks. Here is what I have in mind: OME Nitro Chargers, Edelbrocks, and Bilsteins. I have searched and could not find an answer to this. My only question is how much do the OME Nitro Chargers cost?
  21. NoBoundaries

4wd High on 95-96 Explorers

I was just curious what the current progress or thoughts are on this? I know Mike Fox was looking into it. Is it possible witht the stock t-case? Can you bolt a 97+ on and have it work? Just wanted to see if there were any new answers.
  22. NoBoundaries

Best place to get BFG's....

Ok, I have a couple of questions. I was curious as to where the best place would be for a set of BFG's. I am finally getting a set of 265/75R16's and just wanted to get some feedback. Was also curious about gearing, I have 3.73 right now, I'm figuring I should up grade. Thinking about 4.10...
  23. NoBoundaries

Interested in outdoors, here's something cool...

I figured this was Ford Industry related... I was checking out the Ford Outfitters No Bouandaries site and I found this. I though it was pretty cool and knowing that many members have outdoor interests, I figured I would through it on here. http://208.184.173.173/finder?&id=ford It's a...
  24. NoBoundaries

Opinions on these A/T's

Any opinions of the Dueler A/T's? They are a nice looking tire, but how do they perform? Should I asume it's crap simply by the fact that it is Bridgestone/Firestone?
  25. NoBoundaries

16x7 Wheels

I was curious, what are the dimensions of the stock 16" wheel? What is the backspacing and also, what is the backside setting? Also, If I went with a 16x8, what would be the best offset to go with? Thanks for the helps guys and girls!
Back