Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

locking hub convertion

my cv shafts are new. do i have to change to a ranger cv shaft?
  2. M

How To: AVM Hub Conversion, 2006 Ranger

yea but i put new wheelbarings in it 8,000 miles ago so i wont be swiching vary soon, but it will be in befor winter, and i love the buy american, uninployment made in china lol
  3. M

the 02 is a mix between a 2gen and a 3gen if you get a sport its like a 3gen body and a 2 gen frame and drive train. and i dont need to the brown wire mod it came with a non auto 2wd.
  4. M

so let me get this right i have a 2gen exsplore sport and if i get these hubs and the convstion kit it will fit my exsplorer and i will have manual locking hubs. i just want to be sure befor spending the money.
  5. M

locking hub convertion

i want manual locking hubs for my 2002 sport exsplorer. right now it has a live axle in the front and i want better milelage and less wear driving on the road so dose any one make a kit that will fit my exsplorer or dose any thing swap over?
  6. M

rock sliders

im sure that the will fit cuz i got a 96 sport for parts and moved the skid plates on to mine and they fit
  7. M

rock sliders

i got a third gen but its a sport so its still got a solid rear axel
  8. M

rock sliders

thanks i will be investing in these soon as i sell a dirt bike
  9. M

rock sliders

i need rock slidders for my next upgread, dose any one sell them or any one know what i need for steel and the dementions, i got a 2002 sport
  10. M

2000 Explorer Rear Axle Breather hose

yea on the driver side of the pumpikn i exstnded mine to come out next to the gas cap and tie raped it to the filler hose to keep it hanging up on stuff
  11. M

good cheap mud tires

i got frends that work so i payed $400
  12. M

good cheap mud tires

i just got a set of 31/10.5/15 dakota m/t. i got them at pep boy and they fit with no rub. just wanted to let you all know i got the and tryed them and they wrok great in mud, sand, dirt, grass, rock and anything you can drive over. the road hum isnt bad eather. for the money there a great tire.
  13. M

help cant get the fan cluch off

i got it the problem was every one told me it was revers thread and i got the new part and it wasnt and i did it with out the cluch tools. i put a boxed end wrench on one of the pully bolt and had it leaning against the bolt next to it and put a open end wrench on the nut.
  14. M

dose the cluch come of the shaft coming from the water pump or dose the shaft come off the water pump pully? if it comes off the shaft how dose the the cluch spin of with the bearing blown apart? or how do you keep the pump from spinning?
  15. M

i cant get the fan cluch off of my 02 sport, the bearing is complety blown out and i cant get it off. what do i do the get it off?
  16. M

need lift shackels

cant find the warrior war shackels on superlift.com for a 02 exsplorer sport. what did you look under to find them, did any one of you look under some jeep shackels.
  17. M

33/12.5/15 tires. Will this fit a 01 Sport?

the tires with fit with spacers but rub at full lock and full flex
  18. M

Inner Rear Fender Rubbing with 33's

i have the same problem with my 02 sport with no sway bars and i got a 1" shackel lift with my stock tires it isnt to bad but when i run my 33x12.5 that rub alot and it never dameged any thing but it did limit flex and it stoped the tucked wheel from rolling even with a limed slip i just learned...
  19. M

313 gearing?

i know the 8.8 rear end ring gear says the ratio. but im not sure on the fornt
  20. M

313 gearing?

i just looked up the rear axle tag off the 96 exsplorer and it said it is 3.27 gearing
  21. M

313 gearing?

it was the old 4.0v6 in it with a 5 speed not a v8. and i want to swap the hole housing
  22. M

313 gearing?

i am swaping the dana 35 front axle out of a 2002 exsplorer sport (cuz the pinon barings are about to go. there humming and leaking.) and i picked up a parts exsplorer sport awd form 1996. I have pulled the dana 35 and on the ring gear it said 313. is this the gearing or somthing differnt. i...
  23. M

ranger springs in an exsplore

will ranger springs bolt right up to my exspore sport and will they add lift any help on this would be great. If you have done this let me know how it works of road. 2002 exsplorer sport, no sway bars, 33 x 12.5 x 15
  24. M

leaning to the left

ok thanks i have been looking for some cheap lift springs but their hard to find. and yes the 33 x 12.5 rub some there just a little to wide im saving up to get 32 x 10.5 m/t's. and i can smoke both 33.
  25. M

leaning to the left

my 2002 exsplorer sport driver side leaf spring is sagging more than the other side and i have a 1" shackl lift and spring helpers. is this commen? and im running 33 x 12.5 x 15 and im having rubbing problems with flex in the rear. its rubbing on the inner wheel well. can i cut this out with any...
Back