Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

98-2001 what year is most reliable?

Anybody else have an opinion on this?
  2. B

Thanks for the reply. So are u saying that a 2000 or later would have the best engine and tranny? What years did the sohc have cam tensioner problems? About the best prices i have found were about $9000 for a 98 or 99 and about $12000 for a 2001. All canadian dollars
  3. B

Hey guys, I have been looking at some sports to replace my 93 limited. I want to know what is better? A 1998 sport v6 sohc auto, a 1999 sport auto, or a 2001 sport auto( the one with the newer front end). The 2001 costs a bit more but if both have a decent body, which is more reliable? What...
  4. B

4x4 vs AWD

hey guys i got a 93 limited 4x4 right now and i want to buy a 5.0L. Did the 5.0l ever come with part time 4x4 like my 93? is there a way to disengage awd?
  5. B

Sometimes won't idle when it's warm

Ok thanks i will check that
  6. B

Hey do you think that would also cause really bad milage? Cuz I seem to really burn alot of gas. With prices at almost 90 cents canadian per litre, it's gettin expensive. Where is this regulator and how do i change it?
  7. B

ok thanx man! I'll have to try that sometime.
  8. B

Hey guys i just wanted to ask something. I got a 93 limited with 230 000km on it and the problem is-- Sometimes when it's warm and i shut it out for more then 15 minutes but less than an hour. when i go to start it again, it will barely run, sometimes i have to hold the pedal to the floor to...
  9. B

5 speed manual trannies - How many of you were lucky enough to get one?

My 93 limited is a auto. Anyone ever seen a 5 speed limited? I used to drive a 5 speed chevy beretta, but now that I drive transport trucks all day. I don't think i would want a 5 speed daily driver.
  10. B

radius bushings were just replaced and i still need help..................

maybe the pivot bushings for the traction beams are wore out? Like how much it the driveshaft moving forward and backward?shouldn't move that much. Also check for a broken coil spring or shock. You could also check for broken tranny or motor mounts.
  11. B

where to ground fog lights

anything metal, like the frame or body, make sure it's not painted or rusty first, grind or sand it down
  12. B

Truck is unsafe

If you want to check the ball joints, heres what you do- Just jack up a front wheel and grab the top and bottom of the tire. Trie to rock it up and down. There should be no play in it.
  13. B

really scared......spark plug missing parts

If your lucky all the broken peices might have blown out the exhaust.
  14. B

Advice needed on one maybe two bonehead moves by me!

i would check the timing with a timing light, incorrect timing can cause pinging.
  15. B

HELP ME trying to remove pass door panel

try pulling straight out at the bottom. There are prolly plastic clips on the back holding it on
  16. B

how bad have you been ??

I got a unnessesary noise ticket once, back when i had my chevy beretta. I was just making noise with the tires, they weren't even spinning. Just going around a corner at like 50 km/h. thats the only time i have ever been stopped. But it still cost me 110 bucks!!, What a rip off, the town cops...
  17. B

Shaking when braking hard

I would think you got warped brake rotors.
  18. B

block heaters

I never plug mine in and it always starts even at -35 celsuis, but a block heater will give u heat quicker when u start it.
  19. B

U HAUL AGAINST EXPLORERS!!!!

They never changed that law, guys till pay more for insurance than girls.I have 3 years experience and pay 2500 a year on my explorer. And my sister just got her licence and only pays 1800 a year on an identical explorer. Both of us have no tickets or claims. PLus i also drive alot more km per...
  20. B

What's so special about a Limited anyway?

The leather and special paint colors.And that awesome grill. i love the limited grill. And JBL sound system, and dual 6 way power seats , and heated mirrors.
  21. B

Front Hubs Not Locking " I Think"

If you have one hub broken, you won't spin either front wheel. Because the differential will put power to the wheel with the broke hub, and the axleshaft will just spin.
  22. B

I Reached in the Starter Hole and...

yup, sounds like the center broke out of the flex plate. Just pull out the tranny and bolt on a new or used flex plate and your all set too go. Not too expensive if you can pull the tranny yourself.
  23. B

No Daytime running lights

I think that switch on your mirror is just for the auto lights. My 93 limited has it too. All it does is control how long the lights stay on after you shut the engine off.Nothing to do with the DRL.DRl can only be turned off with the engine or with the parking brake down one notch.
  24. B

Rust removal?

You could grind in off too, if your careful not to get too deep.
  25. B

No Daytime running lights

Most of that above article is crap! Theres no way DRL blind drivers, i see them every day and they are not bright at all. And another thing, has anyone tried to drive in complete darkness with just the DRL on? You can't see anything, plus none of your dash lights would be on. So it's not too...
Back