Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

07 roof rack crossbar install with pictures

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner, I looked at my factory installation instructions and there are no part numbers listed, I doubt you can get the guides without ordering the whole cross bar package. Your best bet would probably be to look for a wrecked explorer at a salvage yard, there are...
  2. P

Tickey sound when i first start up

I suppose that could happen, I thought you were talking more about a cracked exhaust manifold than a leaking exhaust gasket. I have had a leaking gasket before and it never got quiet, it was a big leak though. Impossible to say, but if you have a high amount of mileage on your current oil...
  3. P

Tickey sound when i first start up

It seems you are saying that the ticking noise is only there right after start up, if that is the case it sounds like you have a lubrication problem not an exhaust manifold problem. I'm not a professional mechanic but I've never heard of an exhaust leak that "goes away". I bought my trac...
  4. P

Any trick to this??

I also have a 2007 limited and it has the keypad on the vertical beam of the door not under the door handle, so in that regards it sounds as though the service tech may be correct, but since you say you have the original paperwork with a security code, that doesn't seem right either. Maybe you...
  5. P

Best way to haul a kayak?

Thanks for the info and pictures BigWheel, it's good to know that the factory roof racks can handle it and that the wind resistance from the kayak isn't too much, even without the front/rear tiedowns. I do plan on getting some good blocks and straps no matter how I decide to haul it. P.S...
  6. P

Best way to haul a kayak?

I've been thinking of buying a kayak (10 or 12 foot) but am a little unsure of how I would haul it around. I'm thinking the best way would be to just haul it in the bed with the tailgate down, I believe this will work well if I stick to the 10 foot kayak and develop a system for securing it to...
  7. P

I'm not sure what you mean by the clearance since the sunroof slides back inside the roof and does not raise up. The crossbars do make a little more wind noise when the sunroof is open, but I keep the front bar right over the sunroof, I'm sure if I moved it back further I wouldn't hear it.
  8. P

Fix that reflective chrome dash trim!

Hope yours turns out well. I gave up on the shifter cap and just left it chrome, it's not so bad.
  9. P

charcoal gray metallic? 07 limited

It certainly looks like dark stone which does have a green tint in the daylight(still pretty good looking though)...plus that is the color they list for it "Exterior Color In stock 10/01/2010 *Ask Steve E...Dark Stone " I believe this is the Charcoal clearcoat metallic, though they have it...
  10. P

I bought mine from this site, $84 currently; my local dealer wanted $150. http://www.lombardfordaccessories.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=11721&categoryID=34&productTypeID=7
  11. P

Should I buy a'07 ex with 21k that just needed PCM/TCM reprogrammed?

Having the TSB done is worth it NotATruckGuy - I know exactly what you mean by the "clumsy", "different agenda" feeling.... turns out it is the transmission that has it's own agenda, at least mine did. I finally got around to having the 09B11 recall (stuck in park) done about 2 weeks ago and...
  12. P

Good recommendation. I almost tried sliding them back on without removing yellow fasteners, but for some reason I didn't and followed what was written in the old post. If that works it would certainly be a time saver and may result in a tighter fit anyway since prying out the fasteners can...
  13. P

I tackled this little project over the weekend, and since I could not find pictures of the process anywhere, I took some myself. I followed ChrisK's instructions(which were very helpful) from an older post on here with a similar title. I think the comments and instructions on that post made...
  14. P

Heated windshield on Adrenalin?

My radar detector works fine with the heated windshield.
  15. P

JoeCool, I would like to cover the shifter top too, but I don't know how to remove the thing. It seems like it has to be screwed on but I'm afraid I'll break something trying to get it off. The round shape makes it difficult to cover smoothly and would be a lot easier to work with if it was...
  16. P

The chrome trim didn't bother me at all either on most days, but on overcast days with a grey sky, there was a white line across the windshield from the instrument cluster trim, the other trim was noticeably reflected too. I also have the heated windshield, which may make it worse, I'm not sure.
  17. P

BigV, I cut all of the pieces as a whole, since none of the pieces are very large it doesn't take that much material. I bought one 1x4 foot piece of material and I still have probably about 1x1 foot left. If you end up needing to do the instrument cluster trim more than once though that may...
  18. P

If the carbon fiber look makes you dizzy you can get a plain colored vinyl instead, they make a matte black finish that would probably look good. metrodecals.com has some different choices. They even have wood trim looking vinyl. To smooth out the curves you just have to heat the vinyl up...
  19. P

Thanks kkreit, I'll have to see if I can pry the shifter trim off when I have some time, I thought it was attached better than that.
  20. P

I purchased an 07 sport trac just about 4 months ago and I really like everything about the truck except that on overcast days the chrome trim reflecting on the windshield is just unbearable, one week of cloudy weather and I had to do something about it. (I have been lazy about writing up this...
  21. P

Anyone have water leaks inside the cab?

Good info. I notice mine was leaking in the exact same way today. Guess I'll be taking a look at the cab-mounted break light.
Back