Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

The Lowest Explorer Pic Thread!!!!

before I bagged it after I bagged it I am currently tearing it apart for another rebuild, it will have the plastic rockers on the ground this time
  2. C

WTB: passenger side axle shaft

how much shipped to 38374?
  3. C

For Sale Parting out 2001 Explorer Sport

do u still have the headlights and corners?
  4. C

ok I now have a 8.8" rearend from a 98ish explorer with disc brakes, i still need a passenger side axle shaft though....
  5. C

a 28 spline axle?
  6. C

email sent. I need a 28 spline 27 5/8" axle shaft for a 8.8" I think the only 8.8" that are 28 spline are the ones with drum brakes.
  7. C

axle swap question

ok sorry i think i found the answer to what i needed to know through the search! lol sorry I have a 2001 Sport Trac w/drum brakes so i believe it is gonna be a 28 spline rear and the axle in the 99 expo is gonna be a 31 spline so that isn't gonna work i guess... anybody have a spare passenger...
  8. C

I need a passenger side axle shaft for a 8.8 from a sport trac or possibly a explorer if they measure the same?
  9. C

axle swap question

I have a 01 Sport trac and i am needing a passenger side axle shaft for it, do any of you know if a axle shaft from a 99' 4x4 explorer would be the same? both axles are 8.8's... the chunk is offset 3" on my sport trac and i don't know if it is on a 99' explorer.
  10. C

01 lowering kit?????

back when mine was just static dropped, that is how i did it i took the torsion adjuster bolts out and put a 3" block in the rear, then later i flipped the keys and took the overload leaf out in the rear. still rode about the same. It cornered a lot better, but i had to take the bumpstops out...
  11. C

01 lowering kit?????

so far as i know there is not a bolt on 4 link for the sport trac.... you can find several different weld on 4 link's at www.illusivefabrications.com , Brian is very helpful and can answer any of your ?'s
  12. C

lowering factory control arms?

I am sure that narrowing it and raising it did make a much bigger difference than just raising it, but anytime you move pivot points it changes the suspension, like i already stated it would raise the angle on the upper control arm, which changes the instant center of the front suspension and...
  13. C

I narrowed it to try to compensate for the camber curve, I just cut the front of the control arm with the ball joint off and cut 1 3/4" off the length of the control arm then replated and gussetted it with 1/4" plate and again it was a failure... I can say that if you raise the lower balljoint...
  14. C

lol yeah i seen the same thing and tried it, only i narrowed mine 2" also. not sure if me raising and narrowing the arms was what was wrong but i can personally say mine rode like CRAP!!!! It felt like it had a see saw affect like the truck wanted to roll over on itself, albeit it didn't have a...
  15. C

01 lowering kit?????

i lowered mine by just taking the keys out and grinding a round shape into the backside and then installed them back in upside down, just have to make sure and grind enough to make it fit the key bushing right. have you tried just taking the torsion adjuster bolt out? that may give you the drop...
  16. C

04' 4.0 to a 08' 4.0

I bought a motor off ebay that came from a 2008 Explorer it is a 4.0v6 and i have a 2004 explorer that i am changing the motor in. I was just wondering if anybody would happen to know of any issues i might run into? here are some pics of the motor that is in it now. 112k miles valve spring...
  17. C

my bagged sport trac

before i bagged it. and with 17" bullits. front only bagged and a pic of the bag bracket, sorry it is not the best shot i have redone the control arm bag mount angle since this pic, and done some touching up on some of my welds. hole i cut for the driveshaft and some sheetmetal covering...
  18. C

my bagged sport trac

yeah i generally hang out on RPS. I haven't started on the bodywork yet, just getting the suspension done. @burns west tn.
  19. C

my bagged sport trac

couple of pics of my bagged sport trac. lmk what ya'll think.
  20. C

4.0L problems

Thank you i appreciate you taking the time. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255402&highlight=balance+shaft&page=3 I read this thread and the only thing i got out of it was the 2wd motors don't have a balance shaft and the 4wd motors do. My 04' Explorer is a 2wd. so if i get...
  21. C

4.0L problems

So then worst case scenario. If i buy a 4.0 from a 2001 model i might have to use the heads i have also? i.e prolly buy one since one of mine is already busted
  22. C

4.0L problems

will a 4.0 SOHC from a 2001 work?
  23. C

4.0L problems

^ I said a remanufactured 4.0 w/ 0 miles. but the only motors i have found from a junkyard are $12-1500 w/ 60-70k miles.
  24. C

4.0L problems

I have checked prices from several places that sell the reman 4.0's and they all are $2300ish.
Back