Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

New Rubber

that thing is sharp! very nice. let us know how those perform and their longevity. ive read mixed reviews online.
  2. B

Question about wiper fliud container

good luck lol, mine holds over a gallon. i was amazed at how much it was taking and then the gallon was gone and it still wasnt full.
  3. B

New drilled and slotted rotors

btw it was squealing with the old pads and rotors and they were both only 10k miles old. so basically they were still pretty new and it was squeaky since they were first put on, same with the pads and rotors before that, but that set had been on the truck since it was new
  4. B

they didnt come with any specific procedure or instructions or anything acutally, just two rotors and two sets of pads i did some moderate stops from 35-45 but no heavy braking. idk what orange stuff you are talking about. the stuff i used was clear and i applied it to all contact points on...
  5. B

Idle Trouble

holy crap, finally someone with the same issue as me. i posted this in the modified forum in like DEC. mine will stall out while in park or while in drive when stopped at a light or just sitting around with it in drive and the brakes are applied. but i can just put in park and it...
  6. B

Stock 03...Should I mod exhaust?

YOU might want to take a look yourself. Mechs can be shady, unless you know this guy or go to him regularly
  7. B

Just put these "disc italia" drilled and slotted rotors on with the pad that go with em (titanium kevlar) they look pretty sweet and are as smooth as can be when breaking. i would say they improved braking but i wouldnt say its significant, just better. a hell of an improvement over my advance...
  8. B

Stock 03...Should I mod exhaust?

make sure you check the heat shields on that both cat's before you let that mechanic in there and charge you a ton of money. the heat sheilds are only tacked on and when they break loose you get that awful rattle. so it might not even be the cat. as far as the 40 series? why not? if you have...
  9. B

Explorer shuts off out of no where....(weird)

so i wrote an email to the "magic mechanic" i know i know. well this guy has a sat afternoon radio show and is pretty on point and has a good rep. this is what he said: If the check engine light isn't on I would suspect low minimum idle air flow like a restricted idle air control or...
  10. B

bump for advice, help, any kind of lead .......
  11. B

Having a weird Issue with my 2003

heres the link to my other thread in the 3rd gen forum http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2393984&posted=1#post2393984 please if you have any ideas what this may be or have experienced it, i could use some help.
  12. B

so i got my alternator and battery tested at auto zone and there are no issues. both are good. the guy said he had never heard of anything like that before. b/c it doesnt sputter or anything before it cuts out. its just like someone has flipped a switch and it turns off. any other ideas???
  13. B

oh yea i def am going to get that checked out. i was just spit ballin why i thought there was a chance it might not be that. if it is the alt. then i am definitely going with a high output replacement. where did you get your high output alternator. they dont seem to sell them at the local...
  14. B

you know what though, now that i think about it. i remember this explorer doing this the day after i bought it in NC when it was snowing i had the heat on and was sitting in a parking lot and it just shut off. it only had 19k miles on it then. that probably would make it something other...
  15. B

you know you might be the winner here. i noticed a bit of a squeal a couple weeks ago. listened under the hood and came to the conclusion it was most likely the alternator or alternator pulley. i will go have that checked also. thanks for the help.
  16. B

shawn, thanks for the info. it seems to only do it when in an idle state. regardless, i have been very careful while driving it. we are a one car family so my options are limited. What is an FMEM - and i get no wrench light. it just says "check charging system" once it cuts off but as far as...
  17. B

they are clean and tight. and the battery is only 1 year old. nice truck BTW also the only mod is K&N cold air intake and remote start. i dont think that would have anything to do with it though
  18. B

great.... so i have a short somewhere.
  19. B

ok guys i have a weird issue that ive never experienced in any vehicle what im working with is a 2003 4x4 w/the 4.6 V8 when its cold out(well its 38 degrees today thats cold for orlando) after the explorer warms up after about 10 minutes of driving and i have the heat on it will just cut off...
  20. B

X might be down for the count :(

that sucks man. glad to hear you are alright. and since you hope it totals out then i do too:) i feel the same way. hit in that area - it will always be jacked up from now on.
  21. B

Highest / Lowest Mileage

update: 71,000 miles now. nothing has broken since 67k which is good. tranny is starting to mis shift and down shift really hard again though. good thing my carmax warranty doesnt run out until 83k miles!
  22. B

06+ tail lights

yea, ebay or craigslists are a couple of other options.
  23. B

06+ tail lights

it may not be easier to go to a junk yard, but it will save you a bunch of money i bet. call the stealership and get a price on them. then call around (so you dont waste gas money driving) to all the local junk yards around you, even some that may be further away and see if you can find some...
  24. B

Black police rims??

wow that looks pretty good. not to mention the white ex helps it to look more like a LEO vehicle (if thats what you were going for)
  25. B

4 low light blinking???

idk about you, but when i engage my 4 low or re-engange the auto i let it roll a few feet just to make sure either is engaged before going about my business. just to make sure it locks in ya know? idk if that has anything to do with it not locking back into auto but maybe thats all it need...
Back