Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Trans shifting high rpms from 1st to 2nd

I have a small update to this...I had it put on a scanner and because my truck is a late 1995, it has OBD I pcm. theres no codes that come up. I tried KOEO and KOER and no go...just a bad DPFE which I already knew about. my next step is to check wiring and test the solenoids. I'll keep this...
  2. S

Trans shifting high rpms from 1st to 2nd

I've got the same problem. It just started today. I was going down a gravel road and the O/D light started flashing. then the tranny would only shift from 1st to 2nd if I revved it up to 4k rpms and let off the gas. I unhooked the battery and the O/D light went off but it still shifts bad...
  3. S

CEL, Codes 335 and 214, help please?

is there a way to clean the DPFE? I'm having this problem also, except I'm getting hesitation also. I noticed that the vacuum going to the EVR is good, but going from the EVR to the EGR is very low. also...what's the best way to clean a MAF sensor? I don't want to ruin the thin wire that makes...
  4. S

compressor turns on and off

curiosity.... I'm having this problem but only after I replaced the EVR and the vacuum lines going to the EGR valve. could this be a sign that the DPFE is going bad? the compressor is kicking on and off but only when the heater is running. when a/c is on,it acts normal...normal for this truck...
  5. S

ford explorer hesitation

Heres what fixed it forme. My egr valve was fine so i traced the vacuum lines back to the egr solenoid. My solenoid had went bad. Its about $40. I replaced it but still got a little hesitation so i checked the vacuum lines and found out the the lower vacuum port on the evr is supposed to goto...
  6. S

Cigerette and aux power plug issues

Here's what fixed it for me. the fuse for the auxillary port is NOT in the dash fuse panel. It's located in the distribution box under the hood. it's a 20amp fuse. I replaced it and WAHLAH! she works! eliminate the impossible and only the obvious remains -Albert Einstein
Back