Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Solved Why change fuel filter?

I never could get my fuel filter off. It was the original filter, had 156,000 miles on it. I tried everything that was suggested. I finally just cut the old filter off at each end, as close to the filter as possible. Then I connected the new filter with 2 pieces of rubber fuel injection hose...
  2. M

dang it!!!! Lots of things wrong with the Explorer

I tried for a couple of days to get my fuel filter off. It has about 157,000 miles on it, and the original filter. I couldn't get it to budge, even with the good scissor type metal tool. So I left the filter on there. After about 3 weeks, I decided that it would be changed. I cut the ends of the...
  3. M

are we kidding???? Attempted break-in

I have a story about motion lights, and how they don't always scare anyone off. I have 6 vehicles in my yard, and have lived here for 9 years with no problem. Never even thought anyone would try to mess with my stuff. I had motion lights all around the vehicles. 2 years ago, I go outside at 6 in...
  4. M

97 explorer sport need fuel filter replacement

I recently did a tune-up of the 2001 Explorer I just got. It has 156,000 miles on it. Everything on it was original...the plugs (the gap was about .096), wires, coil, fuel filter....everything! I changed the plugs, wires, coil, and took the manifold off and cleaned out all the gunk, but I never...
  5. M

Rear Fog lights not working

Fog lights are red in the UK? And you really need fog lights over there just to back up?
  6. M

sea foam?

I'm just curious, how do you know it lowers your emissions?
  7. M

Headlight Blew. WHY IS IT SO DAMN HARD TO JUST REPLACE A BULB?

I just replaced my bulbs on my 2001, just lifted the flaps on each side,reached down and changed the bulb, and put the flaps back down. Took about 10 minutes total. Is a 98 different?
  8. M

Clicking problem when air turned on

So you guys are saying that even if the a/c or defrost isn't on, just the vent, that the a/c clutch will engage and disengage? That's something I've never heard before.
  9. M

average mpg?

Just checked my 2001 yesterday, getting 18.3 mpg combined. So apparently around 18 mpg is pretty average.
  10. M

Oil Guage has to warm up?

Just put a new oil pressure switch in, costs about $6 at Autozone. It seems to be pretty common for these things to stick as they age. Mine did the same thing, I replaced my switch, and now it works perfectly.
  11. M

All good things come to an end...

I guess the thing that shocked me the most was that you put 8000 miles one it in ONE month!!
  12. M

99 eddie bauer sits low in back

I just put on the shackle lift kit from autozone yesterday as a matter of fact. The back was 1 1/2" lower then the front. Worked great, now the back is about 1/2" higher then the front, and the kit only cost $17.99. Of course now I can see the lift kit, and it was bright silver, so I painted it...
  13. M

Head lights will only come on as brights. What to do next?

I assume you did use the right bulbs, 9007, right?
  14. M

clicking noise at idle

It is the belt tensioner. Sorry, for some reason the term escaped me when I was describing it..lol. But there's like a mark made into the tensioner arm where it connects to the block, I can see it jump every time it makes the clicking noise.
  15. M

clicking noise at idle

I just got a 2001 Explorer, and the other day when it was idling, I heard a ticking under the hood. I thought oh crap the engine is ticking. But as I got under the hood and looked carefully (and it took me a few minutes to see what is really was), I realized it was the idler pulley arm making...
Back