Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. CBoug76

How To determining the age of a tire...

When it comes to determining the age of a tire, it is easy to identify when a tire was manufactured by reading its Tire Identification Number (often referred to as the tire’s serial number). Unlike vehicle identification numbers (VINs) and the serial numbers used on many other consumer goods...
  2. CBoug76

Where to Buy an Injector?

Help.... I am looking for a place to buy an Injector...... 1997 Explorer Sport, 4.0L OHV Engine, 8th vin: "X" The Injector is RED..... Anybody know where a good place on-line to go for them, that is reasonablaly priced? BTW Stay away from Auction Frontier on E-bay....
  3. CBoug76

ABS Light comes on @ 75mph

Ok, When I get my truck up to 75mph, the ABS light comes on, and stays on... Untill I cycle the Key. As long as I stay under 75mph the light stays off.... anybody have any idea what this problem is? and How I can fix it?
  4. CBoug76

Does the 2002 Explorer XLS come with the LATCH System(Child Seat Restraint System)???

Does the 2002 Explorer XLS come with the LATCH System(Child Seat Restraint System)??? My Wife is going away with the kids this weekend, and I have to show her how to swap the car seats, but I do not know if the Explorer has the LATCH System or not. And the Owner is not sure what the LATCH...
  5. CBoug76

5 Brand New 245-75-R16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's For The Explorer...

OK, OK SO I have parts from a Jeep on my Explorer. My Buddy bought a Jeep Rubicon... and he wanted Larger Tires... so he sold me the factory tires with less then 75 miles on them. I needed New tires cause my BFG were getting bald. I got a Good deal on these tires!! lets see... Jeep Tires...
  6. CBoug76

Welding to the Frame?

What should be done or not done when you weld brackets to the frame of your 4x4? Should you disconnect the Battery? the GEM? the Computer?..........???????
  7. CBoug76

Northern Illinois Explorer Club Members.....

Someone from the Northern Illinois Explorer Club Please contact me! this is urgent......
  8. CBoug76

Who has a "No Boundries" Explorer/Sport Trac/Escape??

Do you have a "No Boundries" edition Explorer/Sport Trac/Escape?? If you do I am looking for the Size's of the Logo... How long is it, How tall is it? and how many Different size's are there?? Dead Link Removed I know these exist, I have seen them on the Road!
  9. CBoug76

Are you from the New England Chapter???

Looking for a New Chapter Coordinator for the EAST COAST XPLORERS ~ New England Chapter. I am Currently the Coordinator, but do not have enuff time to even comlpete the Mod's on my Explorer, be a Moderator, The New England Coordinator and a Farther of Twins! So if you live in the New England...
  10. CBoug76

Mono Leaf Vs Multi Leaf packs

Ok, now this is NOT for me... its for someone else.... If you were going to do a Spring over Axle, and you had a 1996 2-Door Sport, with the Mono Leaf Springs, and you have an Add a Leaf, would you keep the Mono Leaf casue it has Flex, or go with a set from a 1999 4-door Explorer which you...
  11. CBoug76

For Those of you that have NOS...

Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed
  12. CBoug76

Kick Azz Rocker Rails! By: CBoug76

Write up will follow, when Install & Fabrication is Done! Right now the rail is too long and rubs the front tire when I turn.
  13. CBoug76

D-Shackle Plate While Keeping the Stock Bumper! By: CBoug76

Write up will follow, when Install is Done! Right now the plate is just sitting there(Not Bolted in....)
  14. CBoug76

92 Explorer Sport Clutch?????

This is from a friend of mine, He Asks: I have a 92 Explorer Sport with the 5spd. w/about 40k miles on it. How good is the clutch? Will it handle towing 3-4000 lbs? Thanks, Fil FilSanto@aol.com If you have an Answer please e-mail him. Or if you are REALLY lazy post it here, and I...
  15. CBoug76

Congrats to studdedx!!!!

As I’m cruising the web during lunch time, I wander over to the Stuck of the Month web page that Truckworld.com has, and what do I see, I see our own "studdedx" Derrick Coates's Explorer laying on its side next to the brim of a 1000+ foot drop-off! I Believe For his honor of getting voted...
  16. CBoug76

Torsion Bar 101, Everything you Need to look for!

Torrsion Bar 101, Everything you Need to look for!
  17. CBoug76

Torsion Bar 101, Everything you Need to look for!

Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed For more on this please go here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47345
  18. CBoug76

3" Body Lift, Before and After

3" Body Lift Instructions? HELP!! I missed placed the instructions for my 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift. If someone has them could you maybe scan them and e-mail them to me? I Really need the info about mounting the Rear Bumper. But I would like to get all the instuctions...
  19. CBoug76

Bumper Brackets for a 1997 3" Body lift

Here is what the Bumper Brackets for a 1997 3" Body lift look like: If anyone would like a Dimensioned drawing of this let me know! (FYI, These are Drawn in AutoCAD using Soilds)
  20. CBoug76

High Mileage Ford Explorer Common Problems

Dead Link Removed
  21. CBoug76

Hi-Lift Jack's, Where & How do you mount it?

For the People with a Hi-Lift Jack, Where & How have you mounted it in the Explorer?
  22. CBoug76

4 Door Leaf Pack Swap....CBoug76

Original Height of rear wheel wells: Drivers Side: 33.25" Pass Side: 33.50" New Height of Rear Wheel wells: Drivers Side: 34.50" Pass Side: 34.75" I gained 1.25" in height in the rear, just by swaping the rear leaf springs from the Mono-Leaf to a 4-Door Leaf Pack from a 1994 Explorer...
  23. CBoug76

Fixing the Broken Recliner Lever, By CBoug76

Here are the steps needed to Fix the Broken Recliner Lever on 1995+ Explorers. Below is the Drivers side, I assume the Pass. Side is the same but Mirrored. (For Disscussion on this topic, please go here: Dead Link Removed ) Tools Needed: #1 Phillips Screwdriver #2 Phillips...
  24. CBoug76

SSIKORA

Shaun was great to do buisness with, He shipped me his old Heeadt light covers even BEFORE I mailed him the $ for them.....(I guess he trusted me since I was a Moderator, Haha I fooled him!)
  25. CBoug76

Looking for a Rock Solid Tire Carrier Hinge?

Well then Look no further! Rockstomper Real World 4x4 Parts have come up with a do-it-yourselfer tire carrier hinge, that you can use when making your Custom Spare Tire Carrier. Depending on how well your bumper is it should be able to hold upwards to 1000-pounds. Yup you get all this for...
Back